Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Introducing kids to partner

Options
  • 23-10-2020 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Have been dating my partner a couple of years and would like to introduce her to my 2 kids aged 10 & 12.Should I mention this to their Mother first or talk to kids.
    Would appreciate any advise.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

fire_man wrote: »
    Hi,
    Have been dating my partner a couple of years and would like to introduce her to my 2 kids aged 10 & 12.Should I mention this to their Mother first or talk to kids.
    Thanks

Can't see how running it past their mother first would be a bad thing unless you think she will kick off because of it? That depends on your relationship I presume? But I'm a big believer in making the effort not to stir the pot. I would also talk to the kids about it first as well. If for nothing else so you can head off awkward questions that they could surprise you with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Hi,
    Thanks

Does your partner want to meet the kids, if so go I go with, but as the above poster said, you might want to bounce it of your kids first. Saying that your kids are at the age they should be able to understand that their father has a life too. If you are close to your children there shouldn't be anything standing in your way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I would get everyone on board before doing anything if I was you. Let everyone know well in advance what your plans are.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭fire_man

My partner is looking to meet my kids.I am going to discuss it with kids mother before I bring it up with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

My partner is looking to meet my kids.I am going to discuss it with kids mother before I bring it up with them.

Well best of luck with it, hope everything works out for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭fire_man

Thank you

Advertisement