Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

pet pictures to cheer us up(link to A&PI thread in op)

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Axel&Oscar

530748.jpeg

Beautiful picture of your cats. I only have rose hair tarantulas and know it affects people. And I know Sardi has a fear of them so I won't post my pets. But I am also thinking of adopting a cat.

Beautiful picture of your cats. I only have rose hair tarantulas and know it affects people. And I know Sardi has a fear of them so I won't post my pets. But I am also thinking of adopting a cat.

You should post. Just maybe don't embed and say what the picture is, so people can choose. I'm sure there must be some fans on here. I personally couldn't look. I'm the same as Sardi. A crippling fear. But you should be able to share your pet too. I'm sure to you and others they're beautiful.

You should post. Just maybe don't embed and say what the picture is, so people can choose. I'm sure there must be some fans on here. I personally couldn't look. I'm the same as Sardi. A crippling fear. But you should be able to share your pet too. I'm sure to you and others they're beautiful.

I sense there is not a lot of arachnid lovers here. And it is ok, I understand some have a real fear of them. But they are truly fascinating creatures. I am also enjoying the dog and cat pics.

I sense there is not a lot of arachnid lovers here. And it is ok, I understand some have a real fear of them. But they are truly fascinating creatures. I am also enjoying the dog and cat pics.

Same reason that I don't post pictures of our snakes on here.

My wife used to have a real fear of spiders until she got a call about a Chilean rose tarantula let loose and abandoned in a house in Galway by the last tenant. While a friend of hers actually did the capture, she kept him for a couple of weeks until he could be matched with a new owner.
    As a result of having to feed him etc can now deal with our native spiders without screaming the house down.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

For that great kindness, thank you most sincerely.. ;)

• Advertisement

This guy fell asleep reading....

washed, yawned, then totally surrendered.. CIMG2763 (2).JPG

CIMG2780.JPG

CIMG2852 (2).JPG

see next post...

The sleep of the just!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

119461953_365008671181695_6299624368062789495_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=103&_nc_ohc=dgYLw1DN7MkAX85h9xH&tp=16&oh=176b86a627625ec01a868658d9634c28&oe=5FC307BE

93531218_362001084740722_1919653805290994427_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=110&_nc_ohc=n_jVR6f9FZIAX-AHgzi&_nc_tp=25&oh=a41ee88c0ac00c1cea9114b7659d52aa&oe=5FC114A7

My own personal dog model Yappie...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

@von Smallhausen - love the username and the pics, what a dote your Yappie is - that sweet face - adorable! :D

while I am allergic to the cats irl, how cute are they! :)

and Buile - > get thee to the photography forum :pac: ...lovely!

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Same reason that I don't post pictures of our snakes on here.

My wife used to have a real fear of spiders until she got a call about a Chilean rose tarantula let loose and abandoned in a house in Galway by the last tenant. While a friend of hers actually did the capture, she kept him for a couple of weeks until he could be matched with a new owner.
    As a result of having to feed him etc can now deal with our native spiders without screaming the house down.

I love snakes, had a Rosy Boa years ago. What species do you have?

• Advertisement

I love snakes, had a Rosy Boa years ago. What species do you have?

Two Corn snakes and an Australian jungle carpet python, all rescues.
    One of the corn snakes a couple in Dublin found in the middle of their hall one night after they just got back from a Christmas party. They still don't know how she got there, as no one in the estate admitted to owning her and she was only about two months old.

The python was taken from a tattoo parlour in Dublin where he was used as a customer attraction. He was being under fed to keep him from growing normally and easier to handle around the customers.

The last one arrived after a so called expert told someone that they had two female snakes and that they could share the same viv. The snake we ended up with had been burned by climbing into the heat lamp they had as it was small enough after hatching to get through the grill and a friend of theirs knew that my wife, who agreed to take her on and nurse her.

They are the easiest pets to care for in many ways, but personally I would like to see the trade in them ended as with all exotics.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Two Corn snakes and an Australian jungle carpet python, all rescues.
    One of the corn snakes a couple in Dublin found in the middle of their hall one night after they just got back from a Christmas party. They still don't know how she got there, as no one in the estate admitted to owning her and she was only about two months old.

The python was taken from a tattoo parlour in Dublin where he was used as a customer attraction. He was being under fed to keep him from growing normally and easier to handle around the customers.

The last one arrived after a so called expert told someone that they had two female snakes and that they could share the same viv. The snake we ended up with had been burned by climbing into the heat lamp they had as it was small enough after hatching to get through the grill and a friend of theirs knew that my wife, who agreed to take her on and nurse her.

They are the easiest pets to care for in many ways, but personally I would like to see the trade in them ended as with all exotics.

I agree, they are exploited as a marketing tool. With no regard to their wellbeing.

I also agree.

I like snakes. I'd be happy to see pictures. There was a lovely one shared earlier in the thread.

Khali yesterday..

530856.jpeg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Aww what a smile!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Deja Boo wrote: »
    @von Smallhausen - love the username and the pics, what a dote your Yappie is - that sweet face - adorable! :D

Thank you Deja Boo....great username too...perfect for this time of year :D:D
    Oh he's cute and he knows it. i got him from my wife's brother in laws family in Connemara a few years ago as he was a working collie that didn't want to work....:pac::pac: Seen the indoor life and liked it haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

3worOb.md.jpg

Bella the Kenyan sand boa.

3worOb.md.jpg

Bella the Kenyan sand boa.

She is very beautiful. How old is she and how big will she grow to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

She is very beautiful. How old is she and how big will she grow to?

Not very large these are among the smallest boas, 2-3 feet max.

Shes about a year and half now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭chewed

Chilling in the morning sun

50538515812_ae42c0ac32_c.jpg

• Advertisement

Where one cat ends and the other starts...???

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

chewed wrote: »
    Chilling in the morning sun

50538515812_ae42c0ac32_c.jpg

What a pose! :D brilliant!

Reminds me of my own ickle dote who had a perfectly comfy bed to rest in, but chose instead, the cold kitchen floor. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Suki's pissed!
    Bella's in his spot.

You attached to that finger?

Bambi a.k.a. The Bear a.k.a. catzilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Faze11

Dearg has ousted Suki from his spot.
    Suki sulking.

Advertisement