Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-09-2019, 01:00   #61
Kermit.de.frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaoth Laidir View Post
Conditions look reasonably favorable for this to retain a good bit of it's tropical characteristics right up until near landfall time as it would be for us.

That depends entirely on the track of course. Early days but I wouldn't be surprised if the NHC started to reference the potential impacts here within the next 2 days. Probably be in touch with Met Eireann too.

Let's see if it stays on track over the next couple of days.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
28-09-2019, 01:06   #62
Gaoth Laidir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit.de.frog View Post
Conditions look reasonably favorable for this to retain a good bit of it's tropical characteristics right up until near landfall time as it would be for us.

That depends entirely on the track of course. Early days but I wouldn't be surprised if the NHC started to reference the potential impacts here within the next 2 days. Probably be in touch with Met Eireann too.

Let's see if it stays on track over the next couple of days.
I doubt it. I'd say that Atlantic trough will shear it too much long before it gets here.
28-09-2019, 01:14   #63
Kermit.de.frog

The shear really starts to take the tops off on the 2nd. Most models have impacts here by the morning/early afternoon of the 3rd.

Seems similar to Ophelia which retained some tropical characteristics right up to landfall in spite of tapping the mid latitude trough well before that. Then again that was a sprint.

This could be all academic though this far out!
28-09-2019, 01:45   #64
InstaSte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaoth Laidir View Post
What it was doing sailing right through an eyewall in this day and age is beyond me.

https://twitter.com/UCARCPAESS/statu...201998848?s=19
Fair play to them
Thanks from:
28-09-2019, 01:53   #65
JCX BXC

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstaSte View Post
Fair play to them
Why?
Advertisement
28-09-2019, 02:05   #66
Jpmarn

I titled this thread storm rather than hurricane. By the time Lorenzo gets to our vicinity it will be a temperate storm no longer a tropical hurricane. It may still contain hurricane force winds. Mods are entitled to rename this thread or change the nature of this thread if Met Éireann gives warnings in respect of this storm. Ophelia was classed as a storm in Ireland when we had a nationwide status red. There is a lot of uncertainty about this storm yet. The general public are still unaware of this severe storm risk. It is us weather enthusiasts that are talking about it. If I didn’t started a dedicated thread someone else would have started because various model runs were having this storm too close for comfort.
28-09-2019, 02:32   #67
InstaSte

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCX BXC View Post
Why?
Risking their lives on a rescue mission, fairly obvious why I would have thought ???????????????
(2) thanks from:
28-09-2019, 05:34   #68
OneEightSeven

Someone from Flordia posted on r/Ireland warning us about the hurricane:

Quote:
I’m not trying to concern anyone from an American who lives in Florida. Hurricanes are nothing to ignore. At this moment it looks like it could straight for you country and the rest of U.K. Florida deals with hurricanes all the time and we always get ready we’ll in advance. Just want to make sure you are all aware of the path
Gutter tabloids, like Dublin Live, will probably visit this place, post a sensationalist article on Facebook using images grabbed from here and this thread will be swamped with idiots asking the usual stupid questions about whether the hurricane with hit Cork, Waterford, Galway and what time with I pick up my kids from school.

I say keep the thread title as it is to draw as little attention as possible.
28-09-2019, 07:16   #69
Oneiric 3

Man..

(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
28-09-2019, 07:26   #70
Oneiric 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEightSeven View Post
Gutter tabloids, like Dublin Live, will probably visit this place, post a sensationalist article on Facebook using images grabbed from here
It actually would be a good idea if Boards.ie had a system where images uploaded on the site would be automatically imprinted with a logo. It is pretty obvious that journalists keep tabs on this site and others such as IWO to gather information, claim it as their own and then embellish it to sell a story.
Thanks from:
28-09-2019, 07:37   #71
Graces7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit.de.frog View Post
#prayforireland

Oh we do! Every day and many times a day! Lighting candles too....( May need them if Lorenzo hits! )
(2) thanks from:
28-09-2019, 07:41   #72
Graces7

Well. OH MY! is the only reaction from here... OH MY! As long as my shopping etc gets in on Thursday... "Cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war!"
Thanks from:
28-09-2019, 07:43   #73
Meteorite58

GFS came up with another track over Ireland on the 0z this morning and then the ECM 0Z rolls out with this.

850 hPa Winds

28-09-2019, 07:48   #74
DOCARCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneiric 3 View Post
Man...
Calm and sunny for Achill....for a little while.
Thanks from:
28-09-2019, 07:49   #75
M.T. Cranium

Lorenzo -- was he also in Hamlet? Must have a look at that.

Nope, just in the Merchant of Venice.

Last edited by M.T. Cranium; 28-09-2019 at 08:20.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion