Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garmin vivoactive 3 in Lidl €160

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Probably 2 per store

It's also €170 in Curry's. It's quite old at this stage, so regularly on sale on Amazon etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Good watch, got it for 180e on Amazon 2 years ago.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

The music version of this is currently on Amazon for £175. Worth the bit extra for the ability to listen to music while running/exercising without needing your phone.

Garmin vivoactive 3 Music - GPS Smartwatch with Music Storage and Playback - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CR8NBQB/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_GRmZEbP272542

• Registered Users Posts: 6,329 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Basil3 wrote: »
    The music version of this is currently on Amazon for £175. Worth the bit extra for the ability to listen to music while running/exercising without needing your phone.

Garmin vivoactive 3 Music - GPS Smartwatch with Music Storage and Playback - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CR8NBQB/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_GRmZEbP272542

I use this, and would agree. Can download Spotify playlists and I think Deezer and Google music too (not 100 % on the Google), or MP3.

Works well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Just Incase this watch won’t do open water.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

mad m wrote: »
    Just Incase this watch won’t do open water.

Ive used mine in open water?

You can use it in water but stay away from sea water.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

OmegaGene wrote: »
    i have the garmin 4 on the way so im hoping it i good, it is currently with fastway so who know when that will turn up lol

How much did you pay? I got the original Vivoactive for £99, been waiting for the 4 to drop down closer to £200. Was considering the Venu, but think I'm happy enough with the VA4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

i have the garmin 4 on the way so im hoping it i good, it is currently with fastway so who know when that will turn up lol

Vivoactive 4? its a great watch....so much so the wife just ordered the 4s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

You can use it in water but stay away from sea water.

Ive used both the VA3 and VA4 in salt water, its perfectly fine. But after any swim i rinse thoroughly afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭sibersha

This was on sale on Garmin's official site recently for £110, the Vivoactive 4s was £179

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭garfie1d

I use this, and would agree. Can download Spotify playlists and I think Deezer and Google music too (not 100 % on the Google), or MP3.

Works well.

Picked the Vivoactive 3 music up a year ago for £175 on Amazon, have to say the convenience of having music without a phone is worth the little bit extra, you can also add Revolut to Garmin pay so no need to carry anything

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Lads which is the best model to replace fitbit versa ? Had enough with fitbit and planning to move away to garmin or apple

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭ClaptonBay

Lads which is the best model to replace fitbit versa ? Had enough with fitbit and planning to move away to garmin or apple

I would go for the vivoactive 4 if you can. I have the 3 music and find it good as a fitness tracker. Wouldnt be relying on it though as a smartwatch fetures are a bit limited, for me the main use is for tracking fitness which i find it good at and good battery life. Also its sleek looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

The VA3 music version is €210 in Argos. It's cheaper than the non music version for some reason.

The Forerunner 645 music version is also down to €280 (from €430) on Argos. Has more features than the VA3 and a bit slicker looking.

The VA3 music version is €210 in Argos. It's cheaper than the non music version for some reason.

The Forerunner 645 music version is also down to €280 (from €430) on Argos. Has more features than the VA3 and a bit slicker looking.

The 645 is only really for runners, IMO. It has a lot of running specific features, but if you're going to spend that kind of money, you're better to go for the VA4 which has a lot more general fitness features, and is touchscreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

it's only 224 gbp on the argos uk website. Conversion rate is a bloody ripoff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭webpal

I got mine on argos UK for £149 about a year ago. Google music wont work on it (or Amazon music in this country)

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

webpal wrote: »
    I got mine on argos UK for £149 about a year ago. Google music wont work on it (or Amazon music in this country)

Have Amazon music installed on mine, VA3M, handy if you want to use some playlists from the free version that comes with Amazon prime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭webpal

WezzyB wrote: »
    Have Amazon music installed on mine, VA3M, handy if you want to use some playlists from the free version that comes with Amazon prime.
    I stand corrected, good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

I'm in the market for a smart watch and was initially weighing up between the Forerunner 45 and 235 but this seems like a decent price. I'm looking for something under 200e but I'm not sure which to go for now, any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Phat Cat wrote: »
    I'm in the market for a smart watch and was initially weighing up between the Forerunner 45 and 235 but this seems like a decent price. I'm looking for something under 200e but I'm not sure which to go for now, any suggestions?

If it’s mainly for running/biking You won’t go wrong with this

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/s?q=garmin+forerunner+735xt+gps+watch+hrm+bundle

It’s worth the extra €30 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

Gavlor wrote: »
    If it’s mainly for running/biking You won’t go wrong with this

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/s?q=garmin+forerunner+735xt+gps+watch+hrm+bundle

It’s worth the extra €30 quid

It's mainly for running and gym workouts. That looks very nice though, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭sibersha

you could have mentioned it when it was on sale :confused:

I just searched Garmin on HotUKDeals to see if there was anything better than the OP and seen they were recently expired deals

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

I wouldnt recommend the VA3
    I had the Music version and found it very cheap and unreliable.. Bluetooth issues, GPS issues, Spotify app is very unstable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Anjunadeep wrote: »
    I had the Music version and found it very cheap and unreliable.. Bluetooth issues, GPS issues, Spotify app is very unstable.

What would you recommend?

Anjunadeep wrote: »

Sounds like you might have had a dud. Mine has been perfect.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

etxp wrote: »
    What would you recommend?

I dont have a recommendation..
    Currently looking into the Samsung range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 alexander11

Hi. I'm in the market for a smartwatch around the 200 mark. I'm looking for GPS mainly, and the battery to last a while. Not too fused about the music functionality but that indeed would be a nice extra. It would also have to have a good sync system with strava. I was looking at Coros Pace which is about 200 euro, but not so sure about it as its quite a new brand. I'm mostly cycling lately, but i'm planning to do 50% cycling and 50% running. Does anyone have any suggestions ? At the moment I'm using a fitbit versa lite, and I'm really not a big fan of the fitbits.

Advertisement