Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I take it your credit is taken rather than left to pay for extras etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

sweetie wrote: »
    I take it your credit is taken rather than left to pay for extras etc?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Carroller wrote: »
    Not mine

Are you sure you haven't used more than 100 minutes monday-Friday since you joined? Looks like your call credit is almost gone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Just ported over to VF from 3 (muck)

Topped up 20 and activated the deal. I seem to have got 10 euro credit. Will this happen each time I top up 20? I assumed the the 20 was fully consumed to cover this deal

Just ported over to VF from 3 (muck)

Topped up 20 and activated the deal. I seem to have got 10 euro credit. Will this happen each time I top up 20? I assumed the the 20 was fully consumed to cover this deal

Unfortunately not. The €10 is for signing up to myvodafone so only a one-off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Unfortunately not. The €10 is for signing up to myvodafone so only a one-off.

I see, seemed too good to be true

Still a great deal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Can the ten euro credit be converted to PSN credit?

Can the ten euro credit be converted to PSN credit?

Probably. One way to find out. The €10 is only a once off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭flutered

this might suit me as i only use very little fone or text, i was thing about lyca and putting in a tenner and see hoe long it lasts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Has anyone else had problems getting 4g?

Only getting 3g here.
    Phone is set correctly and I'm in a 4g area.

Read some older VF support threads that suggests you have to wait up to 48 hours for 4g to be provisioned on new accounts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

biebiebie wrote: »
    Has anyone else had problems getting 4g?

Only getting 3g here.
    Phone is set correctly and I'm in a 4g area.

Read some older VF support threads that suggests you have to wait up to 48 hours for 4g to be provisioned on new accounts?

I can confirm I was not getting 4G service for the first day or 2 (in a Dublin city centre location where it is clearly available), and after that initial period the phone started reporting 4G service exactly from the same location (on my desk :-)) and without me doing anything.

Thanks Bob.
    Guess I'll have to play the waiting game so.
    3g isn't the end of the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Still haven't got a 4g connection since porting over Monday.

Still better then Three's 4g.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Luap wrote: »
    Still better then Three's 4g.

Yes that was my experience as well. At peek hours in Dublin city centre Vodafone's 3G is very clearly working better for me than Three's 4G.

Turned on/off airplane mode just there and now I'm seeing 4g. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Just signed up to this offer. The joys of being 20 again! Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭bren2001

Anyone know how to port over earlier than specified? Just got my son, not expected to switch till Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭frostypants

Just got my sim and went through the instructions. Told me to Top UP so topped up by e20. Still no verification of top up and can't sign in to vodafone also. Hopefully it goes through

Just got my sim and went through the instructions. Told me to Top UP so topped up by e20. Still no verification of top up and can't sign in to vodafone also. Hopefully it goes through

Are you able to call your phone? Have you registered for my Vodafone? What does it say your balance is when you dial *174#

Try their online chat, they should be able to help you get it sorted.

• Advertisement

Well I have an 087 number so used to be with vodafone before moving from 48. Just got the texts that I've topped up and I have 20GB data etc. I can make phone calls and have 0.50c credit on account. Just can't login to vodafone

http://imgur.com/a/ccW41

Will try later

Well I have an 087 number so used to be with vodafone before moving from 48. Just got the texts that I've topped up and I have 20GB data etc. I can make phone calls and have 0.50c credit on account. Just can't login to vodafone

http://imgur.com/a/ccW41

Will try later

Have you went through the myvodafone registration process since you ported back? If so, you'll need to get onto their online chat.

Anyone else have issues with 4G? I've SGS6E+ and only getting 0.6mbps H+ speeds. Mrs who also with vodafone with iPhone getting 20mbps+ and 4G

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Have you went through the myvodafone registration process since you ported back? If so, you'll need to get onto their online chat.

Can't register as it says i'm already registed (from last time probably). Yeah looking like I have to get onto chat now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

Anyone else have issues with 4G? I've SGS6E+ and only getting 0.6mbps H+ speeds. Mrs who also with vodafone with iPhone getting 20mbps+ and 4G

I've one plus 3t and have only gotten H/H+ so far. Dunno if it's the phone or network. Still fast I find

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Carroller wrote: »
    I've one plus 3t and have only gotten H/H+ so far. Dunno if it's the phone or network. Still fast I find

Dial *#*#4636#*#* and change to LTE only to see if you can pick up 4G signal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

nanook5 wrote: »
    Dial *#*#4636#*#* and change to LTE only to see if you can pick up 4G signal

Worked straight away. Fair play

Can't register as it says i'm already registed (from last time probably). Yeah looking like I have to get onto chat now

Can you try it with a different email address?
    (Not sure if they are basing it on the number or your email)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Luap wrote: »
    Tethering away without any problems.... so far

Are you tethering on iPhone or Android?

Would love to hear if anyone is able to tether on iPhone with this plan.

• Advertisement

breathn wrote: »
    Are you tethering on iPhone or Android?

Would love to hear if anyone is able to tether on iPhone with this plan.

Probably only possible by jailbreaking to remove the hs.vodafone.com apn.

Advertisement