Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SmartDNSproxy €30 for 3 yrs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,723 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I have an account with this service - it works reasonably well (US netflix can be hit and miss).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

loyatemu wrote: »
    I have an account with this service - it works reasonably well (US netflix can be hit and miss).

How are you accessing Netflix with the above.

I've tried it via putting the dns ip addresses into the router but no joy on my Nvidia shield or Amazon fire stick devices, it says it can detect that a proxy is being used. However it does work when I access via my phone or laptop.

Then I've reset the router and used the dns IP addresses separately in a Amazon fire stick and Nvidia shield but no joy.

However for usability I'd like to run it off my TV without casting.

Any ideas?

yeah I've had issues with the Firestick as well; possibly they have some additional security built into the app that isn't in the regular Android app.
    If you can on your router, block access to all DNS from the Firestick except the addresses of the SmartDNS servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I'd recommend Keep Solid Vpn, perfect for Flix US so far for me, got lifetime sub for 15 dollars, details are on its thread here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,715 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Can existing users avail of this offer?
    I have paid 39 US dollars to them for a year only.

I am using their VPN app on my firestick 4k and no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Can existing users avail of this offer?
    I have paid 39 US dollars to them for a year only.

I am using their VPN app on my firestick 4k and no issues.

When the keepsolid is $15 for lifetime and is very good on firestick, it's difficult to recommend this deal.

I don't see this lifetime deal for $15 on Keepsolid. Do you have a promotional code?
    TheDriver wrote: »
    When the keepsolid is $15 for lifetime and is very good on firestick, it's difficult to recommend this deal.

I don't see this lifetime deal for $15 on Keepsolid. Do you have a promotional code?

VPNUMAY15 worked through Stacksocial, all details are on the thread here

• Advertisement

This code has expired.
    At the moment its 40$ for lifetime subscription. Does Keepsolid have a good customer service like SmartDNS Proxy?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

I have an account with this service NO PROBLEMS in 5 years service ,easy to set up

Do you mean with SmartDNS Proxy?
    DERICKOO wrote: »
    I have an account with this service NO PROBLEMS in 5 years service ,easy to set up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

funnyname wrote: »
    How are you accessing Netflix with the above.

I've tried it via putting the dns ip addresses into the router but no joy on my Nvidia shield or Amazon fire stick devices, it says it can detect that a proxy is being used. However it does work when I access via my phone or laptop.

Then I've reset the router and used the dns IP addresses separately in a Amazon fire stick and Nvidia shield but no joy.

However for usability I'd like to run it off my TV without casting.

Any ideas?

check with your router and see is it assigning IPV6 address. If so, disable this, Then check if you are assigned a IPV6 external address from your ISP.

virgin media being the main culprit here.

DNS proxy wont work on IPV6 based on the current model.

been a customer for 4 years now and its solid. The only time Netflix knows I am using a proxy is when my IPV4 address changes externally and I havent repaired. After that is updated it works again

flexcon wrote: »
    check with your router and see is it assigning IPV6 address. If so, disable this, Then check if you are assigned a IPV6 external address from your ISP.

virgin media being the main culprit here.

DNS proxy wont work on IPV6 based on the current model.

been a customer for 4 years now and its solid. The only time Netflix knows I am using a proxy is when my IPV4 address changes externally and I havent repaired. After that is updated it works again

I've had IPv6 disabled by VM and it's not configured on my WRT router either, but the FireStick version of Netflix still manages to detect the proxy, so there's something else going on, but I'd probably have to sniff the DNS traffic to figure it out and I'm not sufficiently bothered to do that.

Advertisement