Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Inkers92

You'll get a mail when it's received, but it can take a few days for them to process it and mark it as received on your account.

At that stage, there'll be an An Post tracking number for the package on your account when you log in.

Probably a backlog and it's a bank holiday so I'll wait and see. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

i just got an email from a courier that my delivery to addresspal Uk failed because there was "no answer" at the premises.

granted it is a sunday, but this never happens with parcel motel (

I hope the addrrss pal staff will visit the depot of the courier and collect?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭amdaley28

vector wrote: »
    i just got an email from a courier that my delivery to addresspal Uk failed because there was "no answer" at the premises.

Are you sure the email was genuine ?
    I got an email the other day supposedly from DPD which was fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

vector wrote: »

There is no cargo deliveries on a sunday in the uk only saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭waterfaerie

Does anyone know what addresspal do if your card details are out of date?

I had an item ordered from the UK via addresspal and the shop have contacted me to say the item was returned to them.

I tried contacting addresspal to find out why but the guy on the phone said he can't check the system due to working from home so I had to send an email and haven't heard back yet.

However, I've since discovered that I hadn't updated my card details with addresspal and the one they had for me had expired. Would they reject the parcel if they couldn't take payment? I would have thought they would attempt to contact me? It's months since I used them so I hadn't thought of it at all.

I've updated the card details now and want to ask the shop to attempt to deliver it again but I'm wondering if the payment thing really could have been the problem or if there could be something else I haven't thought of? It was within all of the dimensions etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They contacted one of the posters on here a couple of days after their card was declined, and then shipped it. It might be something on their prohibited list?

No, I'm fairly sure it's not something that would be prohibited.

I can't think of anything else that could have been a problem. The only other thing I can think of is if it could have been incorrectly labeled by the shop when they sent it. I'll try asking the shop if that might have been a possibility. What do addresspal do with parcels that don't have the APW number on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

If your card was declined, you'll get an email saying as much and advising that they'll try again in a few days. Has happened me lots of times when my Revolut card hasn't had credit.

If a package doesn't have an APW number then it depends how common your name is. They'll usually reach out to you and let you know a package with your name on it has been received and ask for details on your purchase. If you're the only one with your name on their system, then they usually match it up fairly quickly.

My name would be quite unique so I suppose that wasn't the problem.

On the off chance that the shop packaged it in an oversized box, what do addresspal do with parcels outside the dimensions? Do they just reject them outright? And do they inform people or at least keep a record of it so they can tell people when they enquire?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

whiterebel wrote: »
    Letter received today from Revenue, asking for an invoice and declaration of value. Dated 22nd May, received 29th May. 1 week for a letter from Dublin to Cork. Now you see where the delays are - everywhere.:eek:

Email received on Monday, demanding money with menaces...:) Advising VAT collectable and An Post charge. Should be delivered Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Inkers92

Inkers92 wrote: »
    Probably a backlog and it's a bank holiday so I'll wait and see. Thanks.

My parcel arrived this morning - arrived at Hatfield on Friday morning, received email on Monday saying it was received with a tracking number, parcel arrived at door this morning with no update whatsoever in between.

Anyway, Just thought I would revert back as I was wondering what was going on so just leaving this here for others - just be patient!

Good service but they should really look at the tracking - some updates in between would remove a lot of confusion for customers I think.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Inkers92 wrote: »
    My parcel arrived this morning - arrived at Hatfield on Friday morning, received email on Monday saying it was received with a tracking number, parcel arrived at door this morning with no update whatsoever in between.

Anyway, Just thought I would revert back as I was wondering what was going on so just leaving this here for others - just be patient!

Good service but they should really look at the tracking - some updates in between would remove a lot of confusion for customers I think.

You got lucky.
    I have a package signed for in Hatfield on Saturday May 23rd, with tracking on it, that has not arrived (yet anyway).

Wonder how your package managed to leapfrog over mine?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Accidentally sent a package to the old addresspal building last week and it arrived at my post office this morning. Great service, they’ve been on the ball big time for me this year. Used it 10 or so times and bang on every time.

So I've had some further insight into my problem, although not through addresspal as they still haven't answered me.

The shop managed to get the information from their own courier that the item was rejected by addresspal because they were claiming it was over 1.5m long. Both the shop and their courier double checked and it was definitely under that, at 1.2m long.

They sent it again and it has come back to them a second time. The manager has had someone in the warehouse check and physically measure the parcel and it's 1.22m exactly. I have chased addresspal up about it again and they are still not getting back to me. I can't get through on the phone now either. I'm so upset at this stage.

I can't believe that they reject parcels without even informing the customer or even getting back to a customer when they ask about it. And they are actually wrongly rejecting it for being outside the dimensions when it is within them.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,148 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

So I've had some further insight into my problem, although not through addresspal as they still haven't answered me.

The shop managed to get the information from their own courier that the item was rejected by addresspal because they were claiming it was over 1.5m long. Both the shop and their courier double checked and it was definitely under that, at 1.2m long.

They sent it again and it has come back to them a second time. The manager has had someone in the warehouse check and physically measure the parcel and it's 1.22m exactly. I have chased addresspal up about it again and they are still not getting back to me. I can't get through on the phone now either. I'm so upset at this stage.

I can't believe that they reject parcels without even informing the customer or even getting back to a customer when they ask about it. And they are actually wrongly rejecting it for being outside the dimensions when it is within them.

does it meet the girth requirements as well?

does it meet the girth requirements as well?

Yes, it's a roll, only 10cm diameter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Chicoso

Hi

What's the customs on an item costing $27 delivered to addresspal USA

Addresspal fee on top of that later €16 euro

Postman looking for 18 euro at the door seemed too high?

Here is the Customs thread. Customs thread
    Also look at the first post in this thread, it explains charges.

Looks like the addresspal fee pushed it over the vat limit

Handling fee on top of that, fukk that sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭barrymanilow

Hey Folks,

I want to order something to my addresspal in the UK.

It is slightly bigger than on of the dimensions that are on the addresspal website which are 31 x 25 x 72 , the package I want to order is 30 x 30 x 30 , do you think I would be stung with their crazy oversize fee for that ? Anyone have experience ordering stuff that's slightly over ?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

Hey Folks,

It is slightly bigger than on of the dimensions that are on the addresspal website which are 31 x 25 x 72 , the package I want to order is 30 x 30 x 30 , do you think I would be stung with their crazy oversize fee for that ? Anyone have experience ordering stuff that's slightly over ?

Cheers

I'd expect you to be charged for the oversize (and have to collect from your delivery office), the ruler doesn't lie, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭the hedgeman

Hey Folks,

Cheers

Could you not use their home delivery,do they allow bigger packages with scaled charges

How long does it take for a parcel to arrive at a post office?

My parcel was delivered to the Hatfield address last Sunday, but I haven't heard a thing from An Post since?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

bubblypop wrote: »
    How long does it take for a parcel to arrive at a post office?

My parcel was delivered to the Hatfield address last Sunday, but I haven't heard a thing from An Post since?

Usually three working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭barrymanilow

Could you not use their home delivery,do they allow bigger packages with scaled charges

I went with parcelmotel in the end , much bigger allowance on size for in and around a similar price

If u refuse a package with customs does it go back to them?

I remember doing that once before and they then write to me looking for the receipt

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭WastedYouth

I was just adding AddressPal to Amazon.com but they want a phone number.

Do An Post provide one for situations like?

I was just adding AddressPal to Amazon.com but they want a phone number.

Do An Post provide one for situations like?
    Just put your own, they'll never call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭WastedYouth

Just put your own, they'll never call it.

Never occurred to me as I assume the system would want a US number.

Thank you.

I've entered the address and saved it but it has changed the layout.

Now the street address is before the APW number. Does that matter?

I was going to add it to eBay.com too but they do want a US phone number.

• Advertisement

Never occurred to me as I assume the system would want a US number.

Thank you.

I've entered the address and saved it but it has changed the layout.

Now the street address is before the APW number. Does that matter?

I was going to add it to eBay.com too but they do want a US phone number.
    I usually put the APW number as the first line in the street address field. Not sure what to do with eBay, never really used it.

Advertisement