Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy M20 EUR166.98

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JohnBarry

i can unlock this phone if it happens to arrive locked, at factory price.
    chances are it will all already be unlocked. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

JohnBarry wrote: »
    i can unlock this phone if it happens to arrive locked, at factory price.
    chances are it will all already be unlocked. :)

Its not locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JohnBarry

great to know, I have one coming myself , I have been waiting a while to try out my new virtual revolut credit card

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Holy Duck

Would this be a better/worse deal than the Huawei P30 lite on offer with Vodafone for €130 , thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,904 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Holy Duck wrote: »
    Would this be a better/worse deal than the Huawei P30 lite on offer with Vodafone for €130 , thanks

Think it depends on if you'd want to use Vodafone as your network or not. If you did, then maybe the Huawei is the better bet, but if you need to unlock it to move network, that's another 40 euro and a slight faff. I decided to go for the Samsung in the end because of the monster battery, and I don't want to move to Vodafone, but on paper spec wise there's not much between the two phones, huawei better camera, free band thing, Samsung better battery.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement

Got mine this morning, pleased with it so far, upgrading from a moto g4 plus (which is also had 4gb ram). Nice screen, and I think for the price paid it seems to be a decent buy, the headphones are no good for my ears, they fall out all the time.

Just reading numerous posts elsewhere saying the update to android 10 badly slowed performance, so still debating if and when to update.

I updated. I like the interface. It really depends on what you're running on the hand-set to be honest.
    I used it for a little while on Pie, I'm happier with the interface (and the dark mode) on 10.

One thing that is surprising in a newish phone, no 5ghz wifi support. At least mine doesn't see it anyway.

Its not a big deal for me because my router is so flaky and weak signalled with 5 ghz, I rarely have it on devices that are capable anyway, but seems quite an omission.

But it has NFC which I didn't realise, so swings and roundabouts and all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pjq

How many days does delivery take, from dispatch notification? , mine should be dispatched tomorrow

pjq wrote: »
    How many days does delivery take, from dispatch notification? , mine should be dispatched tomorrow

Took mine a week- it had a grand tour of various Amazon facilities in Spain, France, Germany and the UK- before it got here. It was nice imagining all the places it visited- including Marseilles, Frankfurt, Liverpool and a few other destinations. My phone got a holiday around Europe- that I'll definitely not get this year! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Anyone else here not receive their phone yet ? My status was 'shipped' and showing as being delivered on 9th June. No sign. Then changed to delivery between 14th -17th with a note that if it's not delivered by then to apply for a refund. I have an AnPost tracking number which is not recognised by their system. I'm not confident of it arriving 😟

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

cathalj wrote: »
    Anyone else here not receive their phone yet ? My status was 'shipped' and showing as being delivered on 9th June. No sign. Then changed to delivery between 14th -17th with a note that if it's not delivered by then to apply for a refund. I have an AnPost tracking number which is not recognised by their system. I'm not confident of it arriving 😟
    If you ordered through Amazon it'll arrive, they are gone slow at the moment. I find that by the time the An Post tracking number works you'll have it the following day as it only activates when it arrives in Dublin.

Advertisement