Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

After waiting patiently for flat racing to return i must say tomorrows card at Newcastle will not be good for us punters imo.

It is even more disappointing because YTR had one entered but rated 72 he failed to make the cut,73 being the cut off point and the YTR horse was fancied!

With that kind of luck i probably will not have a bet at the meeting at all,one horse i will watch with interest is BOND'S BOY in the 2.10,he hacked up first time out at Redcar and ran a blinder in a 28 runner valuable sales race at Newmarket.

That was really good form and if as good on the AW should win, 4/1 not a bad price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Avoid tomorrows card. Just watch and enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭charlesanto

3:20 Tathmeen 4/1
    4:30 Be Proud 4/1
    E/W double

I discovered I had a tenner free bet from Pp so I put it on Bonds Boy at 9 to2 powered up from 4s and that is me done,I will of course be checking who is hot and who is not with the rest of the week in mind .

I discovered I had a tenner free bet from Pp so I put it on Bonds Boy at 9 to2 powered up from 4s and that is me done,I will of course be checking who is hot and who is not with the rest of the week in mind .

We have seen from the first 3 races that winner finding will be tough today,one trainer who seems to have his horses in form is Roger Fell and it might be worth paying attention to his runners.

TRICKY DICKY goes in the 3.20 and might be worth a little ew at 7s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

I’ve an alert horse running today and only noticed this morning, lost a bit of price. Mr. Poy in the 3:55 at Kempton. Was very slowly away last time out on debut over 7f but finished like a train to be 2nd. Up to the mile today should suit. 13/2 on bet365 at the moment. Oisin M on board.

FIFTH POSITION,was fav and well fancied for the Lincoln before Covid struck,has top weight in the 1.20 at Newcastle.

Was a little better than the 5/2 now on offer and even though he has never ran on the AW before i think this is a listed,or even a group horse running in a handicap.PP is going 4 places so i had a decent ew bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

When are the bookie shops re opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

munster87 wrote: »
    I’ve an alert horse running today and only noticed this morning, lost a bit of price. Mr. Poy in the 3:55 at Kempton. Was very slowly away last time out on debut over 7f but finished like a train to be 2nd. Up to the mile today should suit. 13/2 on bet365 at the moment. Oisin M on board.

3rd no stopping the favourite in that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

When are the bookie shops re opening?

Whenever 90% of the customers who enter learn some basic human hygiene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Whenever 90% of the customers who enter learn some basic human hygiene.

What part of Dublin do you live in?

but1er wrote: »
    3rd no stopping the favourite in that

Yeah favourite has big potential

My best bet today goes in Newcastle in t6he 3.55,MALOTRU was very impressive in winning a listed race before the shut down and was promising in a few group races last year.

Looks to have trained on and Marco Botti is sure to have this one ready for today.

Is 2/1 with PP who have a "POWER UP" to 9/4 which i took.

Anyone looking at the race will easily see that Malotru was very unlucky,denied a run and lost a deal of ground when having to switch,lost a decent bet today but take some consolation that i selected the best horse and i wont complain too much as i always take the view that luck balances out.

^^^^
    I was watching that race (no bet). I wouldn't call it unlucky. Jockey had plenty of horse
    and ample time to wait for a definitive gap imo.
    Don't need to lose money to criticize a ride or infer shenanigans.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭famagusta

^^^^ I was watching that race (no bet). I wouldn't call it unlucky. Jockey had plenty of horse and ample time to wait for a definitive gap imo. Don't need to lose money to criticize a ride or infer shenanigans.

Ah here, if that wasn't unlucky I dont know what is.

famagusta wrote: »
    Ah here, if that wasn't unlucky I dont know what is.

It was the latter stages of the race. The horses towards the front would have been getting tired and drifting off a true course. It wasn't Mulrennan's finest hour. He practically slammed on the brakes. That alone cost at least 3 lengths. These things happen though. Favourite drifted just before the off as well. It's okay to question these things without it being called pocket talk or just chalked down to bad luck.
    I only saw one head on replay and that is how it appeared to me.

^^^^
    I was watching that race (no bet). I wouldn't call it unlucky. Jockey had plenty of horse
    and ample time to wait for a definitive gap imo.
    Don't need to lose money to criticize a ride or infer shenanigans.

I did not criticize the ride nor infer any shenanigans,i merely commented that i thought the horse i backed was unlucky not to get a clear run and it would appear the professional race readers take the same view.

Roger Varian has his horses in good form and DEFOE is worth an ew bet as PP are paying 3 places in the 7 runner group 1 at Newmarket 3.55.This is a real good race and i am hoping DEFOE will come late to repeat last years win,4/1 now and may drift a little.

I did not criticize the ride nor infer any shenanigans,i merely commented that i thought the horse i backed was unlucky not to get a clear run and it would appear the professional race readers take the same view.

Absolutely, I agree, you did not level any criticism or anything untoward.

I saw a poster (yourself) put up one he fancied so for that reason I was watching the race with interest.

Any inference of "shenanigans" came from me and not you. I referred to your post only because I had a different take on the finish of the race.

Good luck with Defoe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

if the distance was some bit longer id be all over sradivarius at that price. I think the distance is just too short for it tho so I'll have a pop at the favourite Ghaiyyath to have too much speed for the rest

if the distance was some bit longer id be all over sradivarius at that price. I think the distance is just too short for it tho so I'll have a pop at the favourite Ghaiyyath to have too much speed for the rest

Ghaiyyath proved to be too fast alright.

Pinatubo runs tomorrow. Backed from evens to 8/11 already. Unreal.horse.

But surely if there's ever a chance of it losing it's tomorrow

munster87 wrote: »

Out again tomorrow night, looks to be much easier task but is too short for my liking at a shade of odds on.

Roger Varian has his horses in good form and DEFOE is worth an ew bet as PP are paying 3 places in the 7 runner group 1 at Newmarket 3.55.This is a real good race and i am hoping DEFOE will come late to repeat last years win,4/1 now and may drift a little.

DEFOE ran no sort of race but even at his best would have been blown away by the impressive winner.

Pinatuba will be hard to beat in the 3.35 at Newmarket if he has trained on but is way too skinny a price.

I backed ARIZONA ew at 8s with PP as they go 4 places,ARIZONA was beaten twice by Pinatuba last year but ran a very good race at the Breeders Cup on quick ground stepping up to a mile, having the worst of the draw he made up a lot of ground from an impossible position to finish close up and if there is a shock he might well cause it.

PRINCE OF ARRAN has run well all over the world and has a chance ew at 9/1 PP in the 2.40 at Newcastle,Royal Line,Withold and Ispolini all have chances but at 9s PP HE GOT MY EW MONEY.

I’ve backed Leodis Dream in the first at Newmarket, 7/1 e/w On best form has a good chance imo

Royal dornoch ew at 33s to cause an upset in the 2000 guineas

Enjoying the racing but gave some of the profits made on foreign racing back,backed OBrien to win the 2,000 gns and went off Love in the 1,000 gns.

A couple of ew outsiders monday,in the 5.35 Naas Sceptical is expected to run well on his first run on turf.

He has been very impressive round Dundalk and if equally good on grass could very well win,but at very skinny odds he is worth opposing in this listed race.

The filly WOODY CREEK is very well regarded in Stacks yard and has not had the best of luck in some high class races,last time in Woodbine Canada was 5th in a hot race beaten just a length and a quarter.

If ready for this race now the 14/1 available could be very and i backed her ew.

GLITTER QUEEN is 11 or 12 to 1 contesting her first handicap in the 4.45 at Lingfield,her stable Marc Bottis have a shorter one in the race but the progressive GLITTER QUEEN may be a bit of ew value.

DEAR POWER 1.15 Haydock was very disappointing last time when well beaten at 1/2,well beaten in 3rd having led for a long way dropping back in trip might be the answer.
    Won first time out in impressive style last year before being a bit disappointing in a group 3 DEAR POWER may not have been fully tuned first time out this year and may be overpriced at around .

Has top weight in an ordinary enough and 4/1 is a bit big a price for a horse who still has potential.

Dear Power is for the knackers yard after that performance and would appear looks not to have trained on and I doubt if we will see him again.

• Advertisement

Who Told Jo Jo is worth a small investment in the 6.10 at Yarmouth tomorrow.

Off of a low rating this one should be able to run down the leaders with the help of
    Dylan Hogan's 3lb claim.

Is a course winner and the trainer has a 3 from 8 strike rate at the course since 2010.

Available to back at 11/1 (PP/Lads/Boyles) currently.

My shrapnel will be staying in my pocket though as I can't have a bet currently, so I'm getting in
    a bit of studying practice for when the shops open(hopefully) next week :)

Gluck

Advertisement