Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CoVid19 Part XI - 2,615 in ROI (46 deaths) 410 in NI (21 deaths)(29/03)*OP upd 28/03*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I think off licences will close now. A good thing.

Alcohol will still be available in the Essential Food Outlets, like supermarkets though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

With every new restriction lots of peoples IQ drops by a large factor
    God forbid they don't say you're not allowed out of your house except for food - roll on questions how am I supposed to do the shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

Nope. I take my instructions from the government, not from you

Then stop moaning about it. Run if you want, don't if you don't want to. Go early morning or late at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭frillyleaf

Think people are been deliberately obtuse with the 2km thing. There are no measuring tapes. They’re literally asking us to just stay close to home.

And not pack out the Phoenix park, Glendalough, beaches, other parks etc.

It’s not so hard to understand.

Yeah the first person I spoke to after the announcement said, “well how will they enforce it”

I think most people will just do as they are asked!

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Oh please, do not be so condescending, I know all that.

But in times of crisis, needs must and people really need to get back in their box for the time being.

They can do the 2k fine. That's it.
    Wasn't being condescending intentionally, but see how you could read it that way.

Merely pointing out that people generally find it difficult to put aside an addiction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Jesus, do people really need this spelled out for them?? Ffs. This past few weeks has been illuminating. I never knew there was as many thicks in this country as there are.

Assuming you are not an essential worker:
    The whole idea is you stay inside all the time except to get food and medicine, and that should be limited to the absolute minimum.

You are allowed outside for air and your sanity but it must be brief and you must stay close to your home.

That is all. Is that not clear to everyone???
    I know, perhaps read the post I was replying to? The person I was replying to seemed to think the 2km limit applied to shopping as well. I was informing them that this wasn't the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

The authorities make the regulations but no mention of enforcement. Typically Irish. Relying on "good will of the Irish people" We're well past that point. No mention of how shopping will be regulated. Strongest chain is only as good as its weakest link.

FFS , people wishing for a police state.

Just try and follow the rules , that’s enough , thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

There is a large number of Irish people who straight think about how to break a law and get away with it rather than trying to understand what it's about it and complying. Ever notice how many gob****es will be up your hole if you drive at 50 through a village but you'll lose straight away once you speed up to 80 outside the village?

It's like in school or college - there are always idiots and you think, well eventually i'll move away from them and wont' have to deal with their sh!t - and you even see what they write on FB etc. But the problem now is that their actions are leading to people dying so it's actually now everyone problems that on one kicked the **** into them when they were in school.

According to that post earlier on the nurse died, by picking up the virus while treating others with the disease - so she basically died doing her job.

And yet on here tonight we have people wondering how the government are going to police the new rules - and saying they are going to give the 2 fingers to the powers to be and do their own thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭citysights

Great. Now instead of driving to a place that I can run or walk whilst not coming within tens, even hundreds, of metres of other humans, I have to walk or run on my busy local paths where joggers and walkers are cheek by jowl. That reduces spread how exactly?

So you want to drive to a place where you can run or walk? Why can’t you just stay at home for a few weeks. We all have to do it, none of us love it, but it’s necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭paul71

Alun wrote: »
    There is no "2km" limit, where are you getting this from? You're allowed to exercise within a 2km radius of your home. Two totally different things.

Yeap, 2 pie r squared is an enormous area to run in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

timhenn wrote: »
    No.

you hate being wrong don't you -

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭pgj2015

elperello wrote: »
    No they will be open.
    A good thing.

dont you know, anything people enjoy is not allowed, no running, no drinking etc

That is the way some people on here want things, if they dont like it then no one can do it and they seem to take a weird enjoyment out of this.

im still going for as long a run as i want btw.

This is it wrote: »
    Then stop moaning about it. Run if you want, don't if you don't want to. Go early morning or late at night.
    yiu can run 50 km if you like , just all within 2Km of your house and on your own :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭babybuilder

frillyleaf wrote: »
    Yeah the first person I spoke to after the announcement said, “well how will they enforce it”

I think most people will just do as they are asked!

"Most"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Gael23 wrote: »
    I think it’s a step too far taking away people’s freedom

Are you for real?
    This is the biggest crisis you are likely to encounter in your lifetime. A small but dangerous minority cannot see just how serious this is, how stupid and reckless their actions are, and you are upset that a decision for the greater good or Irelands population is being forced on them. .......

This will pass - f**k freedom for the moment

The 2km thing applies to going outside for exercise, jogging, walking, walking the dog etc.

You can go further to your place of work.
    You can go further to the supermarket.

It's that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭growleaves

God forbid they don't say you're not allowed out of your house except for food - roll on questions how am I supposed to do the shopping

How am I supposed to do the shopping?

pgj2015 wrote: »
    dont you know, anything people enjoy is not allowed, no running, no drinking etc

That is the way some people on here want things, if they dont like it then no one can do it and they seem to take a weird enjoyment out of this.

You can run all the distance you want as long as you stay within 2Km of your home thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭Polar101

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Whatever happened to 'power walking' .....you know the type arms swinging like a sasquatch, seems to have gone out of fashion

Last time I met one of those, she hit me with those arms when she passed by.. hard to follow physical distancing rules while you're swinging about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

What's the theory behind it? Why are they more at risk?

If there's a medical / scientific reason then fair enough

It'd be racist, sectarian , xenophobic, and 57 varieties of isms and phobias if you didn't humour them boss.

• Advertisement

growleaves wrote: »
    How am I supposed to do the shopping?

How’d you do it before

Our microbial enemies will gain strength if we have a glass of wine with dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭pgj2015

BoatMad wrote: »
    You can run all the distance you want as long as you stay within 2Km of your home thanks

I could run 20 miles and back and no one would even know.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

almostover wrote: »
    One word: Responsibility. This isn't about how to get away with flouting the restrictions, it's about doing what's necessary to prevent the unnecessary deaths of your fellow citizens. Grow up!

Eh what? For what it’s worth I haven’t left my house apart from the odd isolated walk in over a week and my past posts with attest to that. I’m wondering who will actually be monitoring this, for those who do not respect the measures. Calm your tits ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Putting together a page with some online services that have been made free during this whole thing. Might interest some here

https://covid19.shanehastings.eu/giveback/

How’d you do it before

I can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭elperello

pgj2015 wrote: »

Enjoy your run within the 2k I'll be monitoring you from the front porch while I enjoy a few beers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

timhenn wrote: »
    You're trying to make it seem like those in charge had everything under control! The facts are they have been behind on every decision they have made. They have been reacting to things happening instead of being proactive. We're high up the leaderboard of total deaths from this and it's not a leaderboard you want to be on.

We can only hope that this doesn't cost too many lives, that's all we'releft with now.

I'm not sure I fully agree, a lot of the measures that have been introduced would be impossible to enforce without buy in from the public.
    I can speak for my own personal journey where I went from a few pints in a quiet pub is grand to I will gladly not go to the beach this weekend.
    That is in the space of a fortnight. I think the vast majority of Irish people have accepted each phase as necessary and proportionate and therefore very good adherence as a result and more importantly over the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 irishlad123456

So online retailers will have to close ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Red for Danger

Print out a form
    Write in Name date address
    Tick box beside your reason for leaving
    sign form
    Have id and form on you while outside

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement