Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

8-bit drama

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Only the one nutjob really, he's been around the block with causing hassle for years on AA in fairness. And it takes a lot to be permanently banned over there. I only know of 3 different users that have been permabanned.

It's a sad part of any scene unfortunately, whether it's retro games, new games, comic books, stamp collecting(!) etc., there's always a nutjob that makes it less fun for everyone, and in this age with online forums, they're more prominent.

Best to just be ignored or they can spoil the fun of whatever you're into.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Ya hopefully they'll keep producing the magazines anyway even if only in pdf format.

That guy does sound like he needs professional help though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

If I remember correctly he had a run in with Ciderman and Retro over on Retro Gamer. In fairness he came across as a bit of a *****
    It was a good while ago, maybe a couple of years now, think it was over a Atari Jaguar game.

If I remember correctly he had a run in with Ciderman and Retro over on Retro Gamer. In fairness he came across as a bit of a *****
    It was a good while ago, maybe a couple of years now, think it was over a Atari Jaguar game.

CiDeR and Retr0?? Nothing odd about that in fairness!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Oh was that the infamous AvP spat ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

It could well have been, maybe they might have more details but Avp sounds familiar now that you mentioned it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,805 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well the guy that started that was the Laird on the retrogamer forum. He got annoyed that I called AvP on the Jaguar a Wolfenstein clone (I was mostly referring to the game engine being similar with all tiles being square and no height maps). He got very pissy about it and almost got us in trouble with the admins despite him causing all the trouble. I wonder if it is the same guy?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It could well have been, maybe they might have more details but Avp sounds familiar now that you mentioned it.

He took massive exception to Retr0 informing the thread in a post that he had played AvP on the Jag and it was a terrible, third rate Wolfenstein clone.
    I chimed in to agree after the conversation got "heated".
    The guy was a real @sshole about it too.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well the guy that started that was the Laird on the retrogamer forum. He got annoyed that I called AvP on the Jaguar a Wolfenstein clone (I was mostly referring to the game engine being similar with all tiles being square and no height maps). He got very pissy about it and almost got us in trouble with the admins despite him causing all the trouble. I wonder if it is the same guy?

Yep tis the same guy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I tried reading the OP topic, but a man can only go so far before his inner Grammar Nazi puts the boot down!

Advertisement