Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Gaming Historian

Options
  • 08-04-2015 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Any fans of Norms work here? For anyone who doesn't know, he does some really easy to watch, fact filled & comprehensive historical reviews and retrospectives on scene related stuff. The chap knows how to research properly, and has a style of video presentation that is something I really enjoy. No shouty shouty youtube stuff here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Time to add him to your sig. ;)

Quality stuff alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Doge wrote: »
    Time to add him to your sig. ;)

Ah Norm has stiff competition ;) - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91513944
    Quality stuff alright.

Certainly is :)

Very nice little piece on the Nomad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Subscribed, thanks.

New video - the Sharp Nintendo TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

I love Norm. Seems like a very nice guy and his content and delivery is top notch. Seems he's gone full time making Vids too so plenty more to come from him.

New video from Norm - Sega Visions Magazine

A hugely impressive piece this, packed with research & info. For anyone interested in the Atari V Nintendo law suits, this is a must watch

Really impressive video on Super Mario Bros 2/Doki Doki Panic

The amount of research and work he puts into his videos is insane. Really enjoyable video.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Roar wrote: »
    The amount of research and work he puts into his videos is insane. Really enjoyable video.

Indeed, hard to not watch an entire episode when you start it playing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

These look absolutely great. Time to change the bong water and turn on the smart TV. Man, I love being alive in 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I'm legit impressed someone actually managed to bring new information to the Mario 2/Doki Doki shtick.

Mega Man! (on Sega)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

I really enjoy his work, found him very recently so I'm catching up with his videos. What I do find is that in some of his first videos, his pace was very slow, maybe too slow, but it does not look like that in the most recent ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The Tengen-Atari video is outstanding to be honest, didn't know about 90% of what he said before.

Is it just me, or does he have a hypnotically fantastic voice for narrating videos?

He updated the intro music :(

Corholio wrote: »
    Is it just me, or does he have a hypnotically fantastic voice for narrating videos?

Not just you, I could watch his vids all day long :)

Corholio wrote: »
    The Tengen-Atari video is outstanding to be honest, didn't know about 90% of what he said before.

My wife says the same. And she hates watching these retro video game videos with me, but she likes Norm. She also loves Clint's voice on Lazy Game Reviews, she says it's unbelievably relaxing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,801 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I only watched a few of his videos so far but he's the only gaming history guy that hasn't had me wanting to scream at the TV about how wrong he is about the stuff he covers. It's all thoroughly researched and free of any hyperbole or unsubstantiated opinions.

Nice little vid on a book Norm stumbled across while researching

• Advertisement

Game & Watch Collectors Guide Review

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Yffisch

Yeah, he does a lot of cool and very interesting stuff. He must have put a lot of work behind his videos.

I think that's mainly the reason why he has been a bit absent lately.

The Power Glove - fantastic piece of work here by Norm

Superb! This was an awesome episode, loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

:)
    11224871_10153673694408276_1913479073530856381_n.jpg?oh=cc15e778e792876124133743fc9e4c80&oe=568C0014&__gda__=1451931883_9cb6237fee5162b48ce29632c03dfd35

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Looks like a very interesting episode, will watch it tonight for sure.

I watched this last night, superb episode, great quality as always and good research.

I'd highly recommend watching this particular episode, nice tribute to a great man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 CodeNameEagle

Very nice series.

Advertisement