Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-11-2019, 14:40   #226
tallaghtfornia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjurkes View Post
You need to give 30 day notice to cancel your contract so I doubt you can benefit from any black friday deals, anyways those offers are only for new customers. When you cancel your account, you need to send back your equipment and get the new equipment for the account under your wife's name.

So if you think you can leave with few days no internet, that's possible to do.
But technically my wife will be the new customer same address different bank account number so would she not be able to sign up within the 30 days notice ?
Advertisement
07-11-2019, 14:48   #227
bonjurkes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallaghtfornia View Post
But technically my wife will be the new customer same address different bank account number so would she not be able to sign up within the 30 days notice ?

there can't be 2 accounts under same address I believe. Your account needs to be off then someone else can create a new account for your address, and it takes 30 days for your account to get cancelled.
Thanks from:
07-11-2019, 14:54   #228
sonofenoch

Quote:
there can't be 2 accounts under same address I believe. Your account needs to be off then someone else can create a new account for your address, and it takes 30 days for your account to get cancelled.
We have 2 accounts, they put a 'B' for the 2nd address ......course that was back in UPC days but still stands
Thanks from:
07-11-2019, 15:06   #229
DelmarODonnell

Quote:
I had two accounts on the go in August and was fine. Signed up my wife with a different bank account. There was about three weeks when there was an overlap.
Thanks from:
07-11-2019, 15:13   #230
tallaghtfornia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelmarODonnell View Post
I had two accounts on the go in August and was fine. Signed up my wife with a different bank account. There was about three weeks when there was an overlap.
Did you have any loss on the service whilst you where changing over ?
Advertisement
07-11-2019, 15:33   #231
deco72

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallaghtfornia View Post
Did you have any loss on the service whilst you where changing over ?
I recently cancelled my BB account and signed the wife up to the €55 p/month deal they had for BB/TV/Phone. No loss in connection but had overlap of accounts. Still waiting on technician to come out to fix something that he cut off on me last week but that's a different issue I'm having with them.
Thanks from:
08-11-2019, 20:31   #232
evostik

I called VM today and the best offer available was €15 off for 9 months. Time to say goodbye as I have Siro available now!

Not sure whether to go with Vodafone (€25 x6+€65x6=€540) or Sky (€59x12=€708).

Anybody have experience with Vodafone TV?
I'm curious how the router in the hall connects to the tv box in the living room?
Is the TV quality good?

Cheers.
08-11-2019, 20:59   #233
deep1

Quote:
Originally Posted by evostik View Post
I called VM today and the best offer available was €15 off for 9 months. Time to say goodbye as I have Siro available now!

I'm curious how the router in the hall connects to the tv box in the living room?
Is the TV quality good?

Cheers.
Sky also charge 200€ for installation afaik, Vodafone offer is no brainier really.
08-11-2019, 21:25   #234
Roberto_gas

Vodafone...Quick two weeks update ..have 12 devices connected on vodafone and not even a blip...love the app to control modem settings etc...the gigabox seems really powerful in terms of reception even on 5 ghz ..Netflix 4K, YouTube 4K, IPTV has been seamless so far and 85 Mbps has been avg speed..have used 250GB so far ...Yes it's not 240Mbps but its sufficient for my usage...
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
08-11-2019, 22:13   #235
Aquos76

Quote:

Is the TV quality good?

Cheers.

As Siro doesn’t come through your existing telephone line you should be able to have your modem installed wherever you like. Either way they will need to run in a new cable to your home.
09-11-2019, 00:24   #236
pat1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto_gas View Post
Vodafone...Quick two weeks update ..have 12 devices connected on vodafone and not even a blip...love the app to control modem settings etc...the gigabox seems really powerful in terms of reception even on 5 ghz ..Netflix 4K, YouTube 4K, IPTV has been seamless so far and 85 Mbps has been avg speed..have used 250GB so far ...Yes it's not 240Mbps but its sufficient for my usage...
I got vodafone 1gb installed on Monday, leaving vm on the 23rd.
Wired connection on 2 devices speed test vary 500gb to 800gb and wifi speeds 250ish on our devices. I havent seen the setting for 5ghz on wifi search like vm, must get on to vodafone about this.

Vm did offer me 6 months half price but i wanted 9 so I cancelled. I am very pleased with my decision, works out 37.50 pm for 1 year, even with vm 6 months half price offer was still working out 48 pm for the year.
Thanks from:
09-11-2019, 01:41   #237
scamalert

Quote:

Is the TV quality good?

Cheers.
its pretty much down to network card on tv, if it supports 5ghz band you'll be able to watch whatever you like in 4k no buffer,
tested on mobile in friends place and his Samsung galaxy s9 tops out at over 300mbs on wireless, so down to NIC, but overall should be no issues at all to stream across halls etc. strong signal, and almost two years in, not a single service disruption. id imagine wired connection would be a blast
didn't get to fiddle with interface as the pass code is like 10digits long so a bit pain in the hole to enter into router if its not on hand.
but would be hard to believe it wouldnt have second 5ghz channel, given the bandwidth it can push.
Thanks from:
09-11-2019, 06:30   #238
Roberto_gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat1981
I got vodafone 1gb installed on Monday, leaving vm on the 23rd. Wired connection on 2 devices speed test vary 500gb to 800gb and wifi speeds 250ish on our devices. I havent seen the setting for 5ghz on wifi search like vm, must get on to vodafone about this.

If you have gigabox modem you can do that in its app or through a PC...
Thanks from:
09-11-2019, 06:53   #239
timetogo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquos76 View Post
As Siro doesn’t come through your existing telephone line you should be able to have your modem installed wherever you like. Either way they will need to run in a new cable to your home.
On mine they would only go to the hall, putting a small box on the side of the house. It was a bit annoying as I'd had VM going to the sitting room. But I've got homeplugs so it was easy to send the network to my switch in the sitting room. 80% of my stuff is on WiFi anyway.

Vodafone have been OK. Super is great. Had 2 outages in my area this year. Both for about half a day. I work from home and was affected by one of them for that.

After 12 months apparently they reduce the speed. That's coming up in Jan sti I'll ring them then to see what the story is. If I'm not happy I'll just get a contract with another siro provider. According to siro.ie digiweb do it for €35 per month on a 2 year contract.
Thanks from:
09-11-2019, 10:34   #240
donnyvegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep1 View Post
Sky also charge 200€ for installation afaik, Vodafone offer is no brainier really.
€25 for installation with Sky.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion