Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-11-2019, 18:51   #46
emclau

Out of contract next month with Eir. Rang today about switching. Was given the option of broadband, home phone (which we don’t use), 2 mobile sims with all data/ Irish calls covered for 75pm. Told them I was going to wait until Black Friday and will probably go somewhere else.

They told me I don’t need to give 30 days notice when I am switching provider which I was surprised about.....

I called 6 times, the first 6 my dial tone didn’t register so I couldn’t type in my account number, then 3 times where the line went dead after 7 minutes, then waited 15min and got to talk to someone...

Last edited by emclau; 08-11-2019 at 18:54.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
08-11-2019, 20:18   #47
Oige1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by emclau View Post
Out of contract next month with Eir. Rang today about switching. Was given the option of broadband, home phone (which we don’t use), 2 mobile sims with all data/ Irish calls covered for 75pm. Told them I was going to wait until Black Friday and will probably go somewhere else.

They told me I don’t need to give 30 days notice when I am switching provider which I was surprised about.....

I called 6 times, the first 6 my dial tone didn’t register so I couldn’t type in my account number, then 3 times where the line went dead after 7 minutes, then waited 15min and got to talk to someone...

I got the text today to say my modem has been dispatched from Digiweb - can’t wait to start saving money each month. Final bill from Eir came today and again €80 way too much for what we get and Digiweb half the price and hopefully will be faster also. I’ll update once Eir is gone and Digiweb is the main broadband.
Thanks from:
19-11-2019, 11:18   #48
johny33

with regular switching, you can keep the price around €35 per month - vodafone to sky to eir to pure telecom to vodafone... I think they just re-sell the same broadband.
20-11-2019, 23:14   #49
WarZoneBrother

Send a message via AIM to WarZoneBrother Send a message via MSN to WarZoneBrother
Signed up for this last week was told I get 1 years Amazon Prime see below screenshot..

Agreed to this now they tell me it's Prime Video subscription and they won't even offer me a discount I have to phone them when broadband is set up..

Vodafone said broadband not available which was weird because I had broadband with them before

Sky returned I couldn't get it

Eir told me I could get 30mb fibre optic which is strange..
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_2019-11-14-18-20-45-815_com.android.chrome.png (285.6 KB, 54 views)

Last edited by WarZoneBrother; 20-11-2019 at 23:20.
Yesterday, 07:46   #50
BBMcQ

Got Eir installed yesterday on the One Big Switch deal from early November.

€40 per month for 12 months with €100 account credit and €50 installation cost. Average €36. Getting 95Mbps WiFi.

I was paying €60 with Virgin BB plus €15 Eir sport rising to €30. Average €72. Virgin offered me 6 months at half price only. Was getting 238 WiFi but didn’t need it!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion