Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Putt Buddy

• 30-05-2020 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

I was Putting with these on the practice green today.
    A few putts hit the pin full on a bounced back a fair bit. Putts you would expect to normally drop in the hole bounced back.
    I asked my mate to hold it up with his club and rolled a few putts at the pin at the same speed they all dropped but a few bounced back when we put the putt buddy back in place.
    Anyone noticed this?
    When comps start will there be any changes to the rules re. Putt Buddys Upturned cups?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,984 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

I suppose they increase the diameter of the pin and also probably make it a bit more rigid. Both of which could lead to the ball rebounding

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Break80 wrote: »
    I was Putting with these on the practice green today.
    A few putts hit the pin full on a bounced back a fair bit. Putts you would expect to normally drop in the hole bounced back.
    I asked my mate to hold it up with his club and rolled a few putts at the pin at the same speed they all dropped but a few bounced back when we put the putt buddy back in place.
    Anyone noticed this?
    When comps start will there be any changes to the rules re. Putt Buddys Upturned cups?

Yes a nightmare but a necessity at this time, I could never putt with the flag in before this as I ram the putts in from 4ft in , always putted this way and now I'm trying to caress them in and leaving a hell of a lot short

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Yeh same issue happened me and my Dad.

Kinda couldn’t believe the price of them either from looking at their website. Surely a DIY job would be as effective?

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Same here. Vert tentative now on short putts. Playing partner insisted on gimmes cause they really are a neeeded nuisance.

Advertisement