Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Annual Taxsaver Bus Rail leap card Coronavirus Covid 19 refund for not used ticket

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Got my Irish Rail refund credit note today (well HR did and will pass to Payroll)

The annual ticket was 4960 and i hadnt travelled since March.

Credit note is for 3472. This indicates a 7 month refund. Which makes sense as ive travelled 3 months and the annual includes 2 free months so 7 left in it.

The refund i guess is a gross credit as it hadn't been taxed yet. So with that in mind as i'm on the higher rates, i'd get 48% of the amount which is 1666.56

Any tax afficianados here to help confirm my calculations?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Sounds ballpark correct alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Very frustrating situation.

I have an annual ticket which I pay for over 12 months.

I was unable to use it for 3 months. I have spoken to HR a number of times about getting a refund but they have said that no guidance has been issued yet (public sector employer). I should be due about €600 refund after the tax benefit.

Also, this nonsense about losing two months refund on the annual ticket should not be right. From the taxsaver.ie website:

"For commuters who are to continue employment with their current employer, under the NTA plan, the customer will be offered free travel for a number of months equivalent to the length of time they have been unable to use their ticket as a result of travel restrictions."

Tzardine wrote: »
    Also, this nonsense about losing two months refund on the annual ticket should not be right. From the taxsaver.ie website:

"For commuters who are to continue employment with their current employer, under the NTA plan, the customer will be offered free travel for a number of months equivalent to the length of time they have been unable to use their ticket as a result of travel restrictions."
    The two months is if you cancel. The extension is if you don't cancel. They're two different matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭billyhead

When does the extension take effect?

• Advertisement

Details still TBC

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

The NTA have announced that a six month extension is being applied to all annual TaxSaver cards.

New Thread on this here as I can't merge due to a tech issue.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058103992

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement