Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk of summer from Tuesday!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

Not one bit of sunshine seen in cork city all day-dull and depressing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Max temperatures in Andalucia today. 44.4 °C at Córdoba Airport the highest so far.

http://www.aemet.es/es/eltiempo/observacion/ultimosdatos?k=and&w=1&datos=img

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

plenty of it here 30 miles north of you:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Waterford and Kilkenny Blue skys:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Starting to get a bit sunny here in Cork now..

Cloud finally starting to burn off..

• Advertisement

plenty of it here 30 miles north of you:D
    where i want it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Was talking to a truck driver today that drove from Cork to Wexford , and he said that from Cork City to Dungarvan was dull , overcast and foggy and cool .

From there onwards it was blue skies and sunshine all the way to the Sunny South East :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Yep Cork has been stuck under the bank of cloud all day while there were blue skies nearly all day further east. Sat image at 8.30pm shows how close the city is to the clear skies this evening

83181006.png

The south east and up along the west coast had the best of it today, a lot of cloud around here earlier but it cleared up nicely in the evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Reports for yesterday (the 9th) :confused::confused:

216425.PNG

For a warm, dry day it sure was cool and wet in a lot of places :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,603 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Reports for yesterday (the 9th) :confused::confused:

216425.PNG

For a warm, dry day it sure was cool and wet in a lot of places :confused:

That was for the previous day - at least thats my reading of those figures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Yes, glad somebody else noticed this, for some unknown reason the data table has captured the data from the 8th and not the 9th. Earlier, when there were just two stations showing, I noted Shannon around 23 for a max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

That is repeat data from the 03/08/12. So ignore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

These were the max temps yesterday.

216427.PNG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Oak Park would be the nearest Met station to me. I got 24.2C on my Vantage Pro, 2nd warmest day this year.
    It has hit 19.1C now which is nice for 8:20am.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Spectacular sunshine in Cork now...and quite warm from early morning..get out there now Lemmy and soak it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,095 ✭✭✭pad199207

Beautiful Sunny Skies here and warming up nicely @ 23.1c

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Big Tone wrote: »
    Spectacular sunshine in Cork now...and quite warm from early morning..get out there now Lemmy and soak it up!

Unexpected half day from work today so I can enjoy it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,175 ✭✭✭✭fits

Can anyone give me a best guess as to what time rain will hit south co. carlow tomorrow? I'm trying to save hay.

(I know its only a guess)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

6-8pm Saturday at a guess. I'd spend the day on the tractor tossing it today to get it dry all over. Tonight could see a bit of dew and it may not be dry again tomorrow until 9am.

thats what I was thinking myself.

No tractor, they're all busy. I think I'll head home after lunch with the sprong. (6 acres oh joy)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Warm and Sunny, Patchy Cirrus and contrails visible but not blocking the sun that much. Breeze picking up a little from the SE

Temp 21.2, Humidity 74%

fits wrote: »
    No tractor, they're all busy. I think I'll head home after lunch with the sprong. (6 acres oh joy)

Lordy. Concentrate on the thick/low down patches only today. :(

If you get a tractor tonight start tossing at dawn and baling at midday.

Well it was turned already this morning for me, but I think I'll need to go at the clumps. It was cut Wednesday evening.

I dont know, will get home this afternoon and evaluate. Might have to wrap. The fields are very sheltered as well.

It it was tossed this morning then it is not too bad, you are letting the ground underneath dry as well so the damp doen't rise so start with low down clumps and work 'uphill' where the drainage is better. Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,603 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Best morning of the summer - blue skies and temps climbing towards the mid 20's. Wish I could cut and paste today till the end of August:D

Big Tone wrote: »
    i sure will kid im so emotional i could cry

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Chicken1

In Galway at present, blue skies light breeze and 25 degrees showing on the car. Beautiful

Stop this bad vibing in Cork Lemmy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Gorgeous in Co Louth today. Im finished at 1pm and going on a feeding frenzy of vitamin D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Beautiful blue skies for most of the morning... there are some clouds coasting in now but a gorgeous day so far in Colllooney. Summer is here! :)

Wohoooo,.....when i posted just noticed the temp in my back garden... 27.2c ! Nice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement