Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-09-2009, 18:20   #31
Novella

PT Psychology in DBS.
Advertisement
05-02-2010, 13:58   #32
The_Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by torresistheman View Post
I am doing year long Diploma in Marketing, PR, Advertising & Sales. This is awarded by ICM, recognised body and am doing it in Dublin Business school
Hi torresistheman - i was thinkin of doing this course (as well as a few others - cant make a decision about what course to do) - how do you find it?
31-03-2010, 16:47   #33
bycikas

Forensic Psychology - Independent Colleges part-time diploma course.
04-06-2010, 21:44   #34

I did online studies of six sigma black belt. I really enjoyed it because ive got great support from tutor and very useful knowledge. it was worth of money i spend for it
16-06-2010, 13:16   #35
Crisps

I'm begining a part-time masters in Assistive Technology in DIT in September. I'm a little bit anxious about juggling my full time job with the part-time masters. My job really demands alot of hours from me. But hopefully it'll be ok.
Advertisement
21-07-2010, 16:35   #36
dory

I'm in the same boat Crisps. I'm starting a two year part time grad dip in translation and editing, and I have a hectic full time job. Here's to hoping!
07-08-2010, 11:34   #37
lizanne83

Exact same here guys. Working full-time job also very busy, while doing Masters in Management (UCD Smurfit Business School) also.... it means a lot of juggling, studying late into night... you just do what you have to do but sacrifices must be made. The time flies thought, we'll get there
12-08-2010, 19:22   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristel.a View Post
I did online studies of six sigma black belt. I really enjoyed it because ive got great support from tutor and very useful knowledge. it was worth of money i spend for it
Hi..
where did you do this..
14-08-2010, 17:29   #39
neadycodd

I've just finished two years of studying to be an Accounting Technician - thought I would never get there, but can't wait for graduation! Now I find myself going on to do Certified Public Accountant - once you start you just can't stop!
Advertisement
17-11-2010, 11:16   #40
mumof2

Quote:
Originally Posted by neadycodd View Post
I've just finished two years of studying to be an Accounting Technician - thought I would never get there, but can't wait for graduation! Now I find myself going on to do Certified Public Accountant - once you start you just can't stop!
Well done!! Ive just started the Accounting Technician one!! Good luck with the CPA course.
23-11-2010, 13:59   #41

did course at CMI, now doing one at digital marketing institute

im bit of a course addict at mo...in bid for career of dreams! did the icm marketing, pr, sales, advertising diploma at CMI n finished earlier this year. following on from that doing digital marketing course at digital marketing institute...not heard much bout them before! enjoyed one at cmi now ready for more!
19-09-2011, 00:00   #42
crimsonfire

About to start a part-time BSc in Information Technology in DIT. Can't believe how much I'm looking forward to it despite how ridiculously busy my life's about to become. Oh well, I seem to get nothing done unless I'm under pressure
22-09-2011, 19:50   #43

Starting a Masters in Environmental Toxicology & Pollution Monitoring from University of Ulster next week. By distance elearning, it should be interesting to find out how that works.
25-09-2011, 20:06   #44
HiGlo

I'm just about to start the PT, BA in Psychology in DBS. I'm so scared at facing into 4 years + of studying but I'm guessing it'll be worth it in the end.
Are any of the posters who mentioned studying the same course still posting here??? How do you find it?
03-12-2011, 19:15   #45
Scruffles

doing this course at home PT:
http://www.asdan.org.uk/Award_Progra...s_Independence
we have an inhouse tutor [am living in a residential home for people with severe or profound autism].
had had a say in the modules as its all tailored to a persons likes,strengths and difficulties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiGlo View Post
I'm just about to start the PT, BA in Psychology in DBS. I'm so scared at facing into 4 years + of studying but I'm guessing it'll be worth it in the end.
Are any of the posters who mentioned studying the same course still posting here??? How do you find it?
is BA degree level or masters?
the sister did her pyschology degree full time but never even got any junior level job with it,she ended up changing her plans and becoming a councilor/therapist instead in drug addiction,and she said it was her previous job in working with supporting people with severe mental illness and addictions that got her that job not the degree.
honestly thought what was the point in getting into debt for something she isnt even able to make use of?

she coudnt afford to do the masters,so if it that which are doing,is it definitely something that want to be paying out for-is there going to be the payback for it,and will there be jobs at the end of it?

part time is probably a better decision,in terms of money as will be able to get money that way to whether through job or benefits.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion