If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Av receiver and 5.1

Options
  • 02-06-2020 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi,

I am looking to get a full 5.1 setup including av receiver and wires/connections.

I have a budget of €1,000.

For speakers I am looking at the old monitor audio bronze in walnut range.

Centre,
    1's or 2's for fronts,
    Fx's for rears,
    W10 subwoofer.

For reciever I am looking at denon avr-x2600h or Sony str dn1080.

And finally wires/connection to suit the above.

Regards,
    John.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hjjffgjkj wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking to get a full 5.1 setup including av receiver and wires/connections.

I have a budget of €1,000.

For speakers I am looking at the old monitor audio bronze in walnut range.

Centre,
    1's or 2's for fronts,
    Fx's for rears,
    W10 subwoofer.

For reciever I am looking at denon avr-x2600h or Sony str dn1080.

And finally wires/connection to suit the above.

Regards,
    John.
    Hi John,

Thanks for the post!

I don't have any of the Denon AVRX2600 amps left at the moment but I could do you the following bundle price on the Bronze 2 5.1 pack in walnut with a Sony STRDN1080 for 1170 euro.

For cables it would depend on how much you need for your set up but we do have an AV cable package which works out at half of retail price and includes 30m of cable, a subwoofer cable and a 5m HDMI cable!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-13481-av-cable-bundle-cambridge-symphony-200-30-mtrs-audioquest-pearl-hdmi-5mtr-cambridge-aud100-7-5-mtr-sublink-complete-5-1-cable-bundle-less-than-1-2-pri.aspx

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Hjjffgjkj

Hi John,

Thanks for the post!

I don't have any of the Denon AVRX2600 amps left at the moment but I could do you the following bundle price on the Bronze 2 5.1 pack in walnut with a Sony STRDN1080 for 1170 euro.

For cables it would depend on how much you need for your set up but we do have an AV cable package which works out at half of retail price and includes 30m of cable, a subwoofer cable and a 5m HDMI cable!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-13481-av-cable-bundle-cambridge-symphony-200-30-mtrs-audioquest-pearl-hdmi-5mtr-cambridge-aud100-7-5-mtr-sublink-complete-5-1-cable-bundle-less-than-1-2-pri.aspx

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

Thanks for the quick response.

My preference was the denon but Sony will do too. If you could get the price to €1,100 to include the above linked cable package and delivery for a boards deal I would be happy to buy today before my wife tries to talk me out of it ðŸ˜

Kind Regards,
    John.

Hi John,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

Thanks for the quick response.

My preference was the denon but Sony will do too. If you could get the price to €1,100 to include the above linked cable package and delivery for a boards deal I would be happy to buy today before my wife tries to talk me out of it ðŸ˜

Kind Regards,
    John.
    Hi John,

Thanks for getting back to me!

The Bronze pack in walnut and the cable bundle is already discounted down as far as I can go unfortunately! That price does also include shipping but with the pricing so low on them I can't sharpen the pencil any more I'm afraid!

Let me know if you'd like to go ahead with that!

Kind regards

David

Hi John,

The Bronze pack in walnut and the cable bundle is already discounted down as far as I can go unfortunately! That price does also include shipping but with the pricing so low on them I can't sharpen the pencil any more I'm afraid!

Kind regards

David

No problem David I already stretched the budget an extra €100 than I could go so unfortunately I will not be able to stretch even further.

Thanks for your time.

Kind Regards, John.

Hi John,

Kind regards

David

No problem David I already stretched the budget an extra €100 than I could go so unfortunately I will not be able to stretch even further.

Thanks for your time.

Kind Regards, John.
    Hi hjjffgjkj

Sorry I couldn't get the price down any lower on that one!

If you change your mind though please do not hesitate to contact me!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi hjjffgjkj

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

I just bought the bronze 2 walnut 5.1 package online for €692, very good value.

Would you recommend any reciever similar to the denon x2600 besides the Sony 1080?
    Not too fond of the Sony at the current price.

Is the denon due back in stock soon or will it just be replaced with a newer model?

Kind Regards,
    John.

Hi hjjffgjkj

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

I just bought the bronze 2 walnut 5.1 package online for €692, very good value.

Would you recommend any reciever similar to the denon x2600 besides the Sony 1080?
    Not too fond of the Sony at the current price.

Is the denon due back in stock soon or will it just be replaced with a newer model?

Kind Regards,
    John.
    Hi John.

Thanks very much for the online order.

The 2600 are due back into stock in July but there is no confirmed ETA as of yet.

If the Sony is not of interest (It is a great machine thought) there is the Yamaha RXV685 coming in at £449
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203526-yamaha-rxv685-black-atmos-av-receiver.aspx

Kenny.

Hi John.

The 2600 are due back into stock in July but there is no confirmed ETA as of yet.

If the Sony is not of interest (It is a great machine thought) there is the Yamaha RXV685 coming in at £449

Kenny.

Hi Kenny and David,

I have sent you a pm, are the bronze 6's out of stock and can you also give me a price on speaker stands for my bronze 2's?

Kind Regards John.

Hi John.

Kenny.

Hi Kenny and David,

I have sent you a pm, are the bronze 6's out of stock and can you also give me a price on speaker stands for my bronze 2's?

Kind Regards John.
    Hi Hjjffgjkj,

Apologies for the delay, I will get back to you PM asap!

We are completely out of stock of the Bronze 6s in all finishes at the moment!

Kind regards

David

Hi Hjjffgjkj,

Kind regards

David

Hi Kenny and David,

I have been ringing this morning and afternoon but phone keeps ringing out so I hope you can help me here instead.

First off I am looking to get the denon x4500h and pay in pounds. If you do not have it in stock could you get it for me from England as it says it is available online?

Secondly I want to purchase the 30m speaker cable for £€27.

And finally I want to return the monitor audio bronze W10 subwoofer under the 14 day money back guarantee. I have not even opened any of my deliver yet so they are untouched.

Kind Regards,
    John.

• Advertisement

Hi Hjjffgjkj,

Kind regards

David

Hi Kenny and David,

I have been ringing this morning and afternoon but phone keeps ringing out so I hope you can help me here instead.

First off I am looking to get the denon x4500h and pay in pounds. If you do not have it in stock could you get it for me from England as it says it is available online?

Secondly I want to purchase the 30m speaker cable for £€27.

And finally I want to return the monitor audio bronze W10 subwoofer under the 14 day money back guarantee. I have not even opened any of my deliver yet so they are untouched.

Kind Regards,
    John.
    Hi Hjjffgjkj.

Apologies, its been a mental day for us today.

No problem on the AVRX4500 at £849 sterling. They have arrived back into stock in our main warehouse.

The cheapest cable we stock is priced at £1.79 per meter for the Symphony 200. The best I could offer 30 meters for would be £30 and that drops it to nearly half price.

No issue also on returning the Bronze W10. Normally it would be up to the customer to arrange for the return of any unwanted products themselves but on this occasion I will get it collected from you.
    I could arrange for this to get collected at the same time as the 4500 would get delivered. 
    Once the sub is back with us and has been checked over we can then issue a refund for it.

Total would be:
    AVRX4500 = £849
    Symp 200 x30 meters = £30
    Delivery = £6.99
    Total = £885.99

If you are happy to proceed I can give you a call first thing in the morning to sort payment.

Any questions please let me know.

Thanks

Kenny.

Hi Hjjffgjkj.

No problem on the AVRX4500 at £849 sterling. They have arrived back into stock in our main warehouse.

The cheapest cable we stock is priced at £1.79 per meter for the Symphony 200. The best I could offer 30 meters for would be £30 and that drops it to nearly half price.

No issue also on returning the Bronze W10. Normally it would be up to the customer to arrange for the return of any unwanted products themselves but on this occasion I will get it collected from you.
    I could arrange for this to get collected at the same time as the 4500 would get delivered. 
    Once the sub is back with us and has been checked over we can then issue a refund for it.

Total would be:
    AVRX4500 = £849
    Delivery = £6.99
    Total = £885.99

If you are happy to proceed I can give you a call first thing in the morning to sort payment.

Thanks

Kenny.

Thanks for getting back to me Kenny, I did have a missed call from your store this evening so to be fair someone did try to get back onto me.

Yes could you ring me in the morning when you get a chance. Just a few things that you might have an answer for me on the phone call.

How many years guarantee is with the denon?

I will be returning to you to finish my setup in a few months to get an amp, 4 atmos speakers and 2 floorstanders to complete a 7.1.4 which will be another few thousand. I really dived off the deep end!

With that in mind could you do the denon for £800 as many people on av forum are getting it for that price now in Richer Sounds England.

I was actually going to buy another W10 to make it a 5.2 but saw a really good deal with bk electronics for a massive sub instead and since I have no receiver or speaker cable at the moment I didn't go near speaker package I bought from you yet.

I presume you have my phone number from initial order if not give me a pm and I will pass it onto you.

Speak to you soon,
    John.

Hi Hjjffgjkj.

Total would be:
    AVRX4500 = £849
    Delivery = £6.99
    Total = £885.99

Thanks

Kenny.

Thanks for getting back to me Kenny, I did have a missed call from your store this evening so to be fair someone did try to get back onto me.

Yes could you ring me in the morning when you get a chance. Just a few things that you might have an answer for me on the phone call.

How many years guarantee is with the denon?

I will be returning to you to finish my setup in a few months to get an amp, 4 atmos speakers and 2 floorstanders to complete a 7.1.4 which will be another few thousand. I really dived off the deep end!

With that in mind could you do the denon for £800 as many people on av forum are getting it for that price now in Richer Sounds England.

I was actually going to buy another W10 to make it a 5.2 but saw a really good deal with bk electronics for a massive sub instead and since I have no receiver or speaker cable at the moment I didn't go near speaker package I bought from you yet.

I presume you have my phone number from initial order if not give me a pm and I will pass it onto you.

Speak to you soon,
    John.
    Hi John,

Thanks for the post and apologies again for the delay getting back to you, we are stretched thin at the moment!

The best price we could do on the Denon AVRX4500 would be £849 at the moment as we have no movement on these at all!

If you can PM me your contact number I'll give you a call to process asap!

Kind regards

David

Hi John,

Thanks for the post and apologies again for the delay getting back to you, we are stretched thin at the moment!

The best price we could do on the Denon AVRX4500 would be £849 at the moment as we have no movement on these at all!

Kind regards

David

PM sent

Hi John,

Kind regards

David

PM sent
    Thanks John, I'll get back to you asap!

Kind regards

David

Kind regards

David

Hi Kenny and David,

The denon4500, speaker cable, hdmi and speaker stands were all delivered. Thank you for your help.

I returned the W10 subwoofer when I took delivery of my items today.

How long do you estimate it will be before I get the money refunded for the W10?

Thank you again for all your help.

Kind Regards,
    John.

Kind regards

David

Hi Kenny and David,

The denon4500, speaker cable, hdmi and speaker stands were all delivered. Thank you for your help.

I returned the W10 subwoofer when I took delivery of my items today.

How long do you estimate it will be before I get the money refunded for the W10?

Thank you again for all your help.

Kind Regards,
    John.
    Hi John.

Thanks for letting us know that you have received delivery and that the W10 has been collected.

As soon as it arrives back to our couriers sorting depot we will then get it directed to us as the store =.
    When it arrives back with us we will refund you straight away once it has been checked.

This hopefully will take not longer the 5-6 days.

We will of course try to get this done ASAP for you.

Know you can enjoy your evening setting up the 4500 ;)

Kenny.

Hi John.

Thanks for letting us know that you have received delivery and that the W10 has been collected.

As soon as it arrives back to our couriers sorting depot we will then get it directed to us as the store =.
    When it arrives back with us we will refund you straight away once it has been checked.

Kenny.

Hi Kenny and David,

Just looking for an update on the €275 refund for the W10 sub?

Kind Regards,
    John.

Hi John.

Kenny.

Hi Kenny and David,

Kind Regards,
    John.
    Hey John.

Sorry for the delay.

David is checking into this for you and will revert back ASAP on the refund.

Kenny.

Hi John.

Kenny.

Hi Kenny and David,

Kind Regards,
    John.
    Hi John,

I have just checked and that is in our depot!

I have refunded the amount for the subwoofer and it may take a few days for it to appear in your account!

Please let me know if you've any issues with the refund and apologies for the delay!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny and David,

Just wanted to say thank you for your help over the last few weeks, it was a really positive and hassle free experience so I will definitely be coming back to ye when I buy a new TV or upgrade to atmos speakers in the near future.

One more thing I need from ye right now is 12m of the same speaker cable as the wife wants me to move a few things around. Would be happy to pay the same price again.

Kind Regards,
    John.

Hi Kenny and David,

Just wanted to say thank you for your help over the last few weeks, it was a really positive and hassle free experience so I will definitely be coming back to ye when I buy a new TV or upgrade to atmos speakers in the near future.

One more thing I need from ye right now is 12m of the same speaker cable as the wife wants me to move a few things around. Would be happy to pay the same price again.

Kind Regards,
    John.
    Hi John,

Thanks for the post and for the kind words!

We can do 12m of that cable for you again, I'll give you a ring asap to get that processed!

Kind regards

David

Hi John,

We can do 12m of that cable for you again, I'll give you a ring asap to get that processed!

Kind regards

David

Perfect, thanks.

Hi John,

Kind regards

David

Perfect, thanks.
    Hopefully you have now been sorted Hjjffgjkj :)

Kenny.

Kenny.

Hi Kenny and David,

Just a quick question, should I have received a certificate or policy document for the supercare I bought on the denon 4500?

Regards,
    John.

Kenny.

Hi Kenny and David,

Just a quick question, should I have received a certificate or policy document for the supercare I bought on the denon 4500?

Regards,
    John.
    Hi John.

Usually it would be an email of the receipt that would have the 6 year listed on it.
    It is also saved out your account on our system.

I will also email you over a copy of the 6 year paperwork for your records.
    If you want to PM me your email to confirm I'm sending it to the correct customer :)

Kenny.

Hi John.

Usually it would be an email of the receipt that would have the 6 year listed on it.

If you want to PM me your email to confirm I'm sending it to the correct customer :)

Kenny.

Thanks Kenny, just sent you a pm with it there.

Hi John.

Kenny.

Thanks Kenny, just sent you a pm with it there.
    Cheers Hjjffgjkj.

I dropped you a little email.

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.