Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

celt262 wrote: »
    Thanks to whoever send me in direction of webcam darts been on it the last week it's a great site.

Ya it's good craic. If we could get a few more from here on it we could have a boards tournament

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

celt262 wrote: »
    Thanks to whoever send me in direction of webcam darts been on it the last week it's a great site.

Do you need an external webcam or can you just point the laptop at the board?

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Do you need an external webcam or can you just point the laptop at the board?

Ya you can point laptop at it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭celt262

US2 wrote: »
    Ya you can point laptop at it

I use my phone as webcam download droidcamx on phone and laptop.

Most wont play you unless you board is clear I tried with laptop first it isnt great.

Ya , you could also use a fone aimed at the board through Facebook messenger video call and then use another device for doing the scores on nakka.com no1.

I see alot of tournaments run online this way. The All Ireland pubs and clubs is being played online this way.

• Advertisement

Des Jacklyn voted back on to the BDO board Haha who are these clowns voting

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭SketchyPrince

Very hard to root for the BDO when they've got him in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

It's beyond belief, the BDO deserve everything they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Kingp35 wrote: »
    It's beyond belief, the BDO deserve everything they get.

Voting back the man who has pretty much killed them off in the first place is insane I still can't get over the decision to abandon Lakeside they had a sweet deal there where Potter actually paid their prize money for them. I mean what sort of a moron gives up a deal like that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

There has to be more to this lads, like has he got the backing of certain sponsors or what's going on?

Probably still not a top player in some haters eyes

https://twitter.com/DartsDatabase/status/1266321245085347841?s=19

could not get out of his group last night and lost to bunting and de decker.

In fact De Decker was the 53rd different player to beat durrant in PDC competition, and over a dozen of them have multiple wins.

Glen is a decent player, a nice guy, but he is no top 8 player and wont be bothering the engravers at the PDC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Steven81

Does anyone think the Grand Prix darts will go ahead in the city west, hotel is being occupied and can’t see crowds being allowed even if it is October.

Steven81 wrote: »
    Does anyone think the Grand Prix darts will go ahead in the city west, hotel is being occupied and can’t see crowds being allowed even if it is October.

The matchplay is kaput, think the Grand Prix and Grand Slam are no go's unless there is some chance of an empty arena and why travel to ireland for that.

At this point it might only be the worlds that might be allowed a crowd, and cannot see a rush for tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭SketchyPrince

Might sound a tad naive here but how common do you think drinking backstage is in the modern day PDC? I'm sure there's a few, I know there is rules but they don't exist for some.

As for as I know there is no drinking allowed before a match, or at least before you enter the arena, unlike like brendan grace said once you bring it with you, in you....or least for the televised majors.

However in the floor champs there has been a dew instances of drinking, and guys like nathan richards getting booted out of q-school for turning up drunk

Even on stage you are not allowed soft drinks like doke in case it is mixed with alcohol, hence why only water.

Match play going ahead in winter gardens. They wont know till July 4th if fans can attend..

Are they just delaying refunds or something, fairly obvious there will be no fans at an indoor even next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

Match play going ahead in winter gardens. They wont know till July 4th if fans can attend..

Are they just delaying refunds or something, fairly obvious there will be no fans at an indoor even next month.

brilliant news

• Advertisement

bassy wrote: »
    brilliant news

What's the point of Blackpool and the big stage without fans tho? May aswell have it in Wigan or Barnsley

What's the point of Blackpool and the big stage without fans tho? May aswell have it in Wigan or Barnsley

cause im darts starved and I love the darts and I love blackpool in july and London in December...……………………………………….

anyhow the fans sing stupid songs and a lot are pissed and have zero interest in darts,groups on holidays or having a nite out.far from darting purist,s is,nt that right Justin.

cause im darts starved and I love the darts and I love blackpool in july and London in December...……………………………………….

anyhow the fans sing stupid songs and a lot are pissed and have zero interest in darts,groups on holidays or having a nite out.far from darting purist,s is,nt that right Justin.

Justin wont shag you mate

He probably will actually..

I'm starved of darts myself, watched one night of home tour loada bollix. Just questioning why they wont just confirm itll be behind closed doors when its obviously going to be the case

Justin wont shag you mate

ah here your mind is far from right fella...…………………………………...

He probably will actually..

I'm starved of darts myself, watched one night of home tour loada bollix. Just questioning why they wont just confirm itll be behind closed doors when its obviously going to be the case

could,nt careless about fans in the wintergardends as long as the arrows are on,just in the current situation that's the way things have to be and so be it oi oi oi to Justin ;)

could,nt careless about fans in the wintergardends as long as the arrows are on,just in the current situation that's the way things have to be and so be it oi oi oi to Justin ;)

People bought tickets, its clear fans wont be there yet they wont confirm till july 4th. Thats all I'm asking. Dont know how justin gets mentioned here.

Is there any news on how qualification for the Matchplay will be done? Are they just using the rankings as they stand now?

Also taken from the PDC website:
    A decision will be made by Saturday July 4 if the tournament is able to proceed with a crowd at the Winter Gardens.

Should this not be possible, then the tournament will be staged behind closed doors at an alternative, appropriate venue

This sounds as if a different venue will be used if crowds can't attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,699 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Christmas without the worlds would be horrible but i think they should be fine unless theres a second wave

• Advertisement

People bought tickets, its clear fans wont be there yet they wont confirm till july 4th. Thats all I'm asking. Dont know how justin gets mentioned here.

cause Justin has a opinion on everything don,t you not know that by now :D

Advertisement