Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ryanair resuming majority of flights by July

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,813 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Tippgirl74 wrote: »
    Not with our insurance- insureandgo. Government directive was an exclusion!! We had annual multitrip with them for years!! Would have got nothing back on the 2 holidays we'd booked if were dependent on them!!! I know vhi travel insurance paid out for others.

That saves me having to ring them :(

Mid August so still hope (Gran Canaria)

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

I really want to travel in late July, we had flights booked for June but are cancelled. Any ideas here as to if fights will go ahead in late July/August?

Full schedule from July 1st https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/plan-trip/explore/Lets-Fly?onsid=rycom_PT_ie_LetsFly_hero1_noseg_noab_nodev_nodl_nodlp.html

2 week quarantine on return though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

So we be only Country in Europe that have quarantine, unlikely.
    A couple of weeks ago they were telling us no flights this summer.
    I think big review mid June, what happens between now and then will decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭atahuapla

GocRh wrote: »
    I'd be more 'concerned' with the policy that you have to call a flight attended if you want to go to the toilet, I just don't see how that's going to work.

For me, it's the chaos in the the airport terminal --- social distance queuing at check in, social distance queuing for security, trying to get a bite to eat at a restaurant, queuing for the gate and being forced into standing in a tight stairwell in T1 before you walk onto the tarmac.

No way in hell any of that works in an orderly fashion. Terminals are some of the most chaotic places in the world when it comes to invasion of personal space.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

So we be only Country in Europe that have quarantine, unlikely.
    A couple of weeks ago they were telling us no flights this summer.
    I think big review mid June, what happens between now and then will decide.

More than likely will be lifted, but no point in booking flights until it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭Comhrá

If wearing masks for the duration of the flight is mandatory, will inflight food and drinks be suspended?

Hard to imagine the scenario with passengers taking off masks and leaving them lying around while eating and drinking? Isn't onboard catering a major earner? Could result in higher fares to offset potential revenue losses. I'd love to see how this issue is addressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭GocRh

Comhra wrote: »
    If wearing masks for the duration of the flight is mandatory, will inflight food and drinks be suspended?

Hard to imagine the scenario with passengers taking off masks and leaving them lying around while eating and drinking? Isn't onboard catering a major earner? Could result in higher fares to offset potential revenue losses. I'd love to see how this issue is addressed.

Ryanair have suspended in-flight services for now, but nothing stopping you from bringing your own food on-board.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Ryanair have suspended in-flight services for now, but nothing stopping you from bringing your own food on-board.

We always do that anyway. Open those hang sambos and half the flight turn to look at you enviously as they didn't do it and have to eat Ryanair rubbish :)

Dovies wrote: »
    We always do that anyway. Open those hang sambos and half the flight turn to look at you enviously as they didn't do it and have to eat Ryanair rubbish :)

Too bad you're not allowed to bring your own booze. But if you can hide it though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Albert12

Why cant one post in the will be fly again thread?

I notice Harris getting his way with 2 week quarantine legislation.

Talk about after timing.

Surely now is the time to plan for loosening not inflicting more damage on our economy.

I hope this measure is easily retractable

• Advertisement

I read

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 u1navxomlkrjq7

I read

therefore I am?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Too bad you're not allowed to bring your own booze. But if you can hide it though :)

I bring my own booze, miniature rums, no problems going through security just put them in the clear plastic bag, buy my mixer before boarding, sorted, you can bring your own travel cup too

I bring my own booze, miniature rums, no problems going through security just put them in the clear plastic bag, buy my mixer before boarding, sorted, you can bring your own travel cup too

I never drink when flying as i always have to drive on arrival.
    Are you serious about bringing the miniature bottles?
    A couple years ago a couple of girls opened their bottle of wine and the plane had hardly left the ground, a big row fallowed with stewardess.
    I was chatting stewardess after and she said the one they watch for is if someone asks for tin of coke and lots of ice...

I never drink when flying as i always have to drive on arrival.
    Are you serious about bringing the miniature bottles?
    A couple years ago a couple of girls opened their bottle of wine and the plane had hardly left the ground, a big row fallowed with stewardess.
    I was chatting stewardess after and she said the one they watch for is if someone asks for tin of coke and lots of ice...

Yep, just a couple of miniatures & just quietly selfserve, if you're sitting in the middle of the plane you'll be waiting a while for the trolley to arrive,

If a group decide to open a bottle of wine I could see issues with staff, think I read somewhere that it's legal to bring booze onboard but not to serve yourself, I just have a couple of quiet drinks & a snooze, I don't bother anybody

Yep, just a couple of miniatures & just quietly selfserve, if you're sitting in the middle of the plane you'll be waiting a while for the trolley to arrive,

If a group decide to open a bottle of wine I could see issues with staff, think I read somewhere that it's legal to bring booze onboard but not to serve yourself, I just have a couple of quiet drinks & a snooze, I don't bother anybody

Sorry i was not suggesting you bother anyone.
    I am not a rule-maker, i'm a rule breaker...

'The two-week quarantine period for people arriving into the State from abroad will be lifted for those coming from countries where the coronavirus has been controlled, under plans being considered by the Government.'

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/quarantine-may-be-lifted-for-arrivals-into-ireland-from-countries-with-low-covid-19-cases-1.4265209?mode=amp

Finally some common sense!!!

Sorry i was not suggesting you bother anyone.
    I am not a rule-maker, i'm a rule breaker...

No worries, no offense taken at all

'The two-week quarantine period for people arriving into the State from abroad will be lifted for those coming from countries where the coronavirus has been controlled, under plans being considered by the Government.'

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/quarantine-may-be-lifted-for-arrivals-into-ireland-from-countries-with-low-covid-19-cases-1.4265209?mode=amp

Finally some common sense!!!

Who decides which countries have the virus under control?
    If Italy or Spain decide they have virus under control and we decide they have not i assume no flights travel to these countries.
    It's all a bit vague for my liking and i prefer Europe either open or closed.
    I expect that there be an announcement after weekend as they surely want to keep a reign on for long weekend...

Advertisement