Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Interview/Entrance Exams

• 08-03-2020 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hi!

Has anyone received feedback/interview dates for September courses?
    Ive applied to Maynooth but the interview schedule isn't mentioning my course.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Wanderer19 wrote: »
    Hi!

Has anyone received feedback/interview dates for September courses?
    Ive applied to Maynooth but the interview schedule isn't mentioning my course.

Thanks

Nope, stay calm. Probably later in the month they will call you.

Nope, stay calm. Probably later in the month they will call you.

This advice was given without future consideration of the Virus consequences kicking in.

I have gotten my testing date for maths and English profencincy test for Maynooth. Maynooth is on complete shut down with lecturers communicating from their homes.

These is no leadership shown on how to proceed by my course director. I have 6 weeks of college to go.

I would say expect video conferencing interview. hoping this thing is over by september. I will hopefully see you on the front line in Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wanderer19

Thanks Skooterblue2,

I had received notification for the end of March, then an email rescheduling for late April. But its a series of tests and interviews, individually and in groups, so not sure how that's going to work. Way things are going, not sure if that date is viable either, just hoping for the best .

Yes, I'm in a bit of a quandry myself over my current course. Still have practicals to do and written exams.

Thanks Skooterblue2,

I had received notification for the end of March, then an email rescheduling for late April. But its a series of tests and interviews, individually and in groups, so not sure how that's going to work. Way things are going, not sure if that date is viable either, just hoping for the best .

Yes, I'm in a bit of a quandry myself over my current course. Still have practicals to do and written exams.

Trying to remember from last year.....
    For maths its like ordinary maths for the LC standard, if you are coming from a level 5 VTOS or repeat leaving you should do grand.

or the English proficiency test. "Tell me why you want to come back to college and what steps have you taken to get here".
    I expect you to formulate a structured answer (introduction-main body-Conclusion). I expect you to use paragraphs. Serious points lost for spelling and grammar mistakes. Accept responsibility for mistakes you have made in your life and show how you have grown and adapted as a person. Most people die mentally at 25, the body only catches up at 70.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Ciara_pass124

Anyone hear anything from Trinity regarding interviews?

• Advertisement

Trinity is closed. Lecturers are working from home.
    I have been selected for an enterance exam for Maynooth but the college is closed. Dont worry about it.

I also applied to Trinity, TU GG and TU Blanch, but haven't heard anything from any of them either. I'd say they're putting everything on the back burner for the moment. Can't find anything on their websites either 🙄

(quote="Ciara_pass124;112905830"]Anyone hear anything from Trinity regarding interviews?[/quote]

Thanks, only seeing this reply now.

Maths is a problem for me, and I'm a long time out of school.

English I should be ok on, hopefully they can read my writing.

The interviews and group sessions are where I'll be stuck.

Trying to remember from last year.....
    For maths its like ordinary maths for the LC standard, if you are coming from a level 5 VTOS or repeat leaving you should do grand.

or the English proficiency test. "Tell me why you want to come back to college and what steps have you taken to get here".
    I expect you to formulate a structured answer (introduction-main body-Conclusion). I expect you to use paragraphs. Serious points lost for spelling and grammar mistakes. Accept responsibility for mistakes you have made in your life and show how you have grown and adapted as a person. Most people die mentally at 25, the body only catches up at 70.

Thanks, only seeing this reply now.

Maths is a problem for me, and I'm a long time out of school.

English I should be ok on, hopefully they can read my writing.

The interviews and group sessions are where I'll be stuck.

What are you hoping to study if you are worried about maths?

When were you last on a a course of Level 5 (Leaving Cert)?
    Do you know about the Access Courses? That in college assessment will be brought up at interview stage and how do you react to the results.

Dont worry about your interview, The lecturers are trying to make videos and prepare downloadable classes with MCQ for in class assessment. they are up to their eyeballs. You are definitely on the back burner as regards your interview until after college exams, probably.

The Chinese say "May you live in interesting times".

What are you hoping to study if you are worried about maths?

When were you last on a a course of Level 5 (Leaving Cert)?
    Do you know about the Access Courses? That in college assessment will be brought up at interview stage and how do you react to the results.

Dont worry about your interview, The lecturers are trying to make videos and prepare downloadable classes with MCQ for in class assessment. they are up to their eyeballs. You are definitely on the back burner as regards your interview until after college exams, probably.

The Chinese say "May you live in interesting times".
    Thanks!

• Advertisement

Hi! If you log into your portal it shows the status of your application. Fingers crossed ����

Gotten an web interview offer from DCU for Physics DC 175. Not my first choice but a great start.

Gotten an web interview offer from DCU for Physics DC 175. Not my first choice but a great start.
    Congratulations, at least you have something. Things are so uncertain at the moment. Fingers crossed for your other choices ��

Congratulations, at least you have something. Things are so uncertain at the moment. Fingers crossed for your other choices ��

"In light of recent Government decisions, the admission tests re-scheduled to Saturday, April 18th will not take place. In lieu of the tests, each degree programme will administer alternative arrangements and the relevant department(s) will be in contact with you in the coming days and weeks regarding this. The selection process arrangements will vary from degree programme to degree programme and will be undertaken remotely due to current circumstances nationally, and globally. We will be providing full details on this to you so that your application is given full consideration.

Our Spring Open Day scheduled for Saturday, April 25th, 2020 will now be an on-line virtual Open Day to give you an insight in to student life at Maynooth University. We will be writing to you in the coming weeks with more details regarding this. Updates will be posted at: https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/study-maynooth/undergraduate-studies/open-days "

email this morning. We are proceeding forward but we are unsure of the dates and methods

Thanks, Yes, I received that as well. We've to do group interviews, don't know how that's gonna work, just have to hope for the best.

My friend applied for both the TAP and Occupational Therapy.
    No call on the TAP but she is getting the OT interview this week. I am fairly confident she will get it.

My friend applied for both the TAP and Occupational Therapy.
    No call on the TAP but she is getting the OT interview this week. I am fairly confident she will get it.
    Good for her, I hope she does well x

Good for her, I hope she does well x

She has really upped her game in the last few months. She is reading the right stuff and she is focusing on her interview.

I would pick her for the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 forestlover

Anyone hear from UCC about interviews? Have applied for BEES this year. I don't have a background in any sciences and didn't sit any science subject for the leaving but have been studying chemistry, biology online so I'm not sure if I'll even get an interview even though matures don't have to have sit a science for the leaving for this course. Fingers crossed, think I'd be more nervous with the virtual interview then the in person.

Anyone hear from UCC about interviews? Have applied for BEES this year. I don't have a background in any sciences and didn't sit any science subject for the leaving but have been studying chemistry, biology online so I'm not sure if I'll even get an interview even though matures don't have to have sit a science for the leaving for this course. Fingers crossed, think I'd be more nervous with the virtual interview then the in person.
    Sorry, I'm in Meath, so not in a position to look at UCC.

Sounds as if you have a good base to start with.

Good luck x

• Advertisement

Fret not! Everywhere is behind with interviews. Any other year you should know where you are going by now. Every college is behind schedule, that I know of. There are problems with students on work experience, there are problems with students overseas, there are going to be problems with students next year. Be patient, you are not forgotten about.

You will be grand if you have done some ground work and think you know where you are going in science. All colleges are struggling to cope and are getting in new servers and upgrading IT to deal with next year when the whole thing goes distance learning.

Advertisement