Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Gifted [Marvel] [Fox] [** Spoilers **]

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Decent enough return.

I'd guess the
    baby will stay a baby

Reed looking like he's gonna
    have some of the strongest powers on the show.. matter destruction/meltdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Slydice wrote: »
    Reed looking like he's gonna
    have some of the strongest powers on the show.. matter destruction/meltdown?
    I was hoping that from the start.. 😂

So..
    a new mutant. Must be a big deal for a fight like this, or maybe it was just another test of Andy

Feels like their budget might have been cut.. green screen for car trips?

Just been catching up with Season 2. Episode 6 (the one with
    the Inner Circle ambush
    ) was like.. a step above the usual episodes.

Three parts just seems done well:
    • Reeds learning
      and breakthrough with his powers and the cliffhanger ending
    • The backstory of
      the Frost quintuplets
    • the overall story of
      the ambush.. although.. the show doesn't have the budget to make the execution match the idea

I looked up the wiki and the one thing that jumped out was the writers ( Dawn Kamoche & Ariella Blejer) hadn't written an episode for the show before:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gifted_(U.S._TV_series)#Episodes

I checked them out on imdb and it looks like they work mostly on the same projects with their most involvement in Sharp Objects and season 2 of Hand of God. Didn't realise HoG had a 2nd season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Arcsurvivor

Best part of season 1 for me when they met the other mutants and learned about their powers.

Just caught up. Pretty decent end shot on the facility.
    Polaris powers in view. Gives the impression there's gonna be some big stuff for her in the future.

Kinda surprised me how they did the Andy and Rebecca story. Hadn't realised they had kinda
    built this thread of innocence around Andy until he killed her

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Finished this over the weekend. Satisfying ending.

Almost back to season 1 status quo (minus the casualty in the finale). Is he really dead? We'll see...

As for the very end... was that a Blink/Clarice from the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just finished. It wrapped up fine
    and obviously left a door open for where they wanted to go. Felt like maybe there was even a chance Reed was still alive but full on power now.

The show really looked like it suffered from budget cuts towards the end. Saying that, the writers, the cast and whatever crew was left really looked to be giving it their all.

Pity about the cancellation but maybe a renewal and even more budget cuts would've really brought the show down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement