Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Castlepark, Maynooth

1383940414244»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

https://touch.daft.ie/kildare/houses-for-sale/maynooth/5-castlepark-drive-maynooth-kildare-1565064

Apologies for dragging up an old thread but this one was extremely popular over last few years. What do people think of the price of the house in the link? Is it completely ridiculously over the top or would these houses fetch this kind of money nowadays? I'm very interested in moving to Maynooth and this estate in particular, but 700k for a 4 bed estate house in maynooth? Albeit a very nice one, a friend lives in exact same house type and they are really lovely. I would be interested in the 450-500k range definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

I've been "wrong" all the way up on this thread. Didn't like the detached at 380k as the developer(or family) had issues with pyrite in Enfield. Were protesters and all. 440k was stiff. 500k final phase, sealed bids were just insane.

Like, the gaffs are nice and all but always felt they were compact against houses at the relative price range over the years.

Parsons Hall is likely the prime opposition to estate living at that level. One advertised at 695k for a while. Probably the worst house in the estate in terms of location thought.

https://m.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/36-parson-s-hall-maynooth-kildare/3845385

Two traded at 570k and 630k for 4&5 beds in last 9 months. Both needed 80/100k of work to bring up to Castlepark interior and A rated standard.

When paying at that level, I guess the question comes to do you want to live in a tight estate in good walking location against a nice, big detached within easy driving range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Well I'm planning on selling something in Dublin in an area where I think I could get about 600k for my own. I am from Maynooth and want to move back. Ideally I would buy for cheaper than I sell and have a reduced mortgage but at 695k I don't think I can make this work. I'll probably look elsewhere

Down to 650k now. No takers at higher price i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Bravo Oscar Bravo

Many thanks to Declan from Mason Homes for bringing the JCB round to clear the snow from the estate roads :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 hp1

Just need him to finish off the unfinished eyesore site at the back of the estate now.

ixus wrote: »
    Down to 650k now. No takers at higher price i guess.

Achieved 680..... with another one on offer at 650 too...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kmartinez

Hi, new to boards so not sure if this is the right place to post. But looking to move to Maynooth and in particular Castlepark. If anyone knows of someone selling in that estate maybe they could pm? A long shot i know ...

Thanks.

Advertisement