Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    What type of router would you recommend.

Good idea

I was looking at this, with HUKD as the code it works out at £92 so then parcel motel..seems highlighy recommended by those in the know!

https://www.box.co.uk/Archer-MR600-TP-Link-4G-AC1200-Dual-Band-Gigabit-Rou_2608754.html?wgu=13045_116019_16042576406349_4fba0397b0&wgexpiry=1612033640&utm_source=webgains_116019&utm_medium=webgains&utm_campaign=affiliate

I was thinking getting two sims one for living room area and one for office area, can see what my usage is as I've no idea! And then can switch them around if my streaming is eating up the 100GB for the one in the TV. MY wife and I both on 48 so no need to use wifi on our phones when in the house. Bit of an investment with the router but in a couple of months it'll have paid for itself!

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Joziburg

Is it possible to port my number from one 48 SIM card to another 48 SIM card?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Is it possible to port my number from one 48 SIM card to another 48 SIM card?

Not directly

If you're trying to get new deal on an existing 48 SIM then you need to port out to another network and then back in to the other 48 SIM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

So, prior to the current 7.99EUR promotional offer, I had previously ordered a Free SIM via 48.ie website last May with a view of trying out the 1GB Free data allowance. In the end, I never got round to testing it within the trial period which I think lasted for about a week. My primary e-mail address would have been used in connection with registering for My 48 SIM although; I never ported my existing mobile number across as I am currently with Vodafone Ireland on a pre-pay basis. Before Vodafone, I had been with THREE Ireland's 3Pay until December 2019 and had no major problems with calls/texts coverage during a number of years on THREE as I live in a suburban area south of Cork City.

I am now thinking of availing of 48.ie current 7.99EUR promo before it closes to new customers. Just wondering what is the best way to set this up as it looks like I cannot gain access to 7.99 promotional plan as my existing 48 number (which I never really used) was already activated before the current 7.99EUR promotional offer was launched however; it will only lets me buy the other plan options?

It would make more sense paying Only 7.99EUR per month for 100GB Data, all Calls, all texts versus what you get with Vodafone's prepay plan options.

Question (i): Have any other 48 existing customers cancelled membership and re-joined in order to avail of this promotion??

Question (ii): What happens if someone signs up successfully on the 7.99 monthly Pay-As-U-Go membership but does not Top-Up by the following month's due date?

Question (iii): Does the account expire if not topped up the following month by the due date/time?

Question (iv): Assuming you have successfully joined 48.ie on this 7.99 promo before 10th November, say if you have not topped up the following month what is the criteria before you can no longer avail of the 7.99EUR top-up membership option - is there any "cut-off point" for late top-ups on the 7.99EUR plan in the months ahead before you lose ability to keep availing of this rate in the future?

Some existing customers have ported away and then ported back.

7.99 plan will always be available once initial membership is bought before 10th November.

SIM stays active up to 6 months without top up.

Important point is to get the SIM and buy membership before 10th November. Use a different email address to order the SIM.

• Advertisement

Ten Pin wrote: »

7.99 plan will always be available once initial membership is bought before 10th November.

Important point is to get the SIM and buy membership before 10th November. Use a different email address to order the SIM.

Just re-ordered a new SIM on 48.ie using an alternative e-mail address. The 48.ie website did not permit me to go the whole way on Chrome even after I disabled my ABP ad blocker so; I changed browser to Microsoft Edge and my order would appear to have gone through successfully now as the e-mail acknowledgement including "customer information order confirmation pdf attachment" came through from 48.ie promptly. Will keep close eye out for SIM delivery as anxious to activate and buy membership by 10th November before the promo offer period closes.

I wonder will 48.ie extend the period like rival GoMo had done with it's original €9.99 price-point for life offer as 48.ie will probably be very busy up to 10th November I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Hairdo

I was looking at this, with HUKD as the code it works out at £92 so then parcel motel..seems highlighy recommended by those in the know!

https://www.box.co.uk/Archer-MR600-TP-Link-4G-AC1200-Dual-Band-Gigabit-Rou_2608754.html?wgu=13045_116019_16042576406349_4fba0397b0&wgexpiry=1612033640&utm_source=webgains_116019&utm_medium=webgains&utm_campaign=affiliate

I was thinking getting two sims one for living room area and one for office area, can see what my usage is as I've no idea! And then can switch them around if my streaming is eating up the 100GB for the one in the TV. MY wife and I both on 48 so no need to use wifi on our phones when in the house. Bit of an investment with the router but in a couple of months it'll have paid for itself!

This is an ingenious idea, thanks! Will you post on how it goes for you please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Is there anyway to buy the €7.99 plan with the website down? I’ve been using the free 1GB but need to make calls now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

PopTarts wrote: »
    Is there anyway to buy the €7.99 plan with the website down? I’ve been using the free 1GB but need to make calls now.

The website is up but sometimes after activating the sim it takes a while for your account to be set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

PopTarts wrote: »

Try the 48 App Download from Apple App Store or Google Play Store

CVB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

Will keep close eye out for SIM delivery as anxious to activate and buy membership by 10th November before the promo offer period closes.

I have a spare recruiter sim I can post to you if you don't want to wait for 48 to post. Let me know if you want it sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Stupidly i throw out the sim pack and just kept the sim. Is there a handy way to get the activaction code without ordering another sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

Can anyone log in to the website?

seems to be down ..it is for me but i could log in around ten miuutes ago

I can't now either. It says it's temporarily unavailable.

Back up now

Is there a handy way to get the activaction code without ordering another sim?

Instead of activation code, you can enter the SIM card number prefixed by 893531 to give a 19 digit number (disregard any letters).

Once SIM is activated, the PUK will be available in my48. The PUK will allow you to reset the PIN which was also on the outer SIM card.

Or else contact 48 customer service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

New bank card came and old one expired, 48 won't take the new one for payment, keeps getting rejected, customer support just has me running round in circles trying things I had already done. Anyone any ideas or had this problem?

New bank card came and old one expired, 48 won't take the new one for payment, keeps getting rejected, customer support just has me running round in circles trying things I had already done. Anyone any ideas or had this problem?

Try gift shop
    https://48.ie/gift-shop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

I have a 48 SIM that I use in my Router.

I have another 48 SIM that I want to move my Gomo number to.

His do I do this?
    When I click in My 48 or Memberships U don't see an option to add a new SIM to account.

• Advertisement

I have a 48 SIM that I use in my Router.

I have another 48 SIM that I want to move my Gomo number to.

His do I do this?
    When I click in My 48 or Memberships U don't see an option to add a new SIM to account.

Settings > Move Your Number

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Cork981 wrote: »
    Anyone notice throttling at 50mb now on 48 ? Was generally getting >100mb but hitting a hard limit at 50mb now.

Update: rebooted sorted it, back to +100mb download

This is speed today in an area where I had no internet or phone signal on gomo.

Screenshot-20201102-133104.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

What exactly does....

"Sorry!. This msisdn already exists"

....mean when trying to port to 48?
    DopeTech wrote: »
    It means it thinks that number you entered is already on 48.
    It used to be but not now. Any idea how to solve it other than non-existant customer care?

An update on this. I eventually got on to webchat and they told me that because my number was with 48 in the past I must go through customer care to have it ported. There's nothing they can do to allow me do it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Joziburg

Ten Pin wrote: »

So it’s not enough to activate the sim you need to buy the membership too before Nov 10th?

Joziburg wrote: »
    So it’s not enough to activate the sim you need to buy the membership too before Nov 10th?

Yes, that's what the terms say anyway. Maybe they will have a little leeway if you contact them after but I wouldn't bank on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dualamann

An odd question to add during a travel restriction, but has anyone tried 48 abroad?

I note that they are using a dual-network SIM just like TescoMobile and VirginMobile. 48 runs on the same "MVNO" handler as these networks (LiffeyTelecom/Three). On these networks, when you're roaming you're actually running as a Belgian Proximus SIM. From past experience with both, only 3G is available when roaming. It's fine but agonizingly slow.

Can anyone confirm if 4G works abroad (EU or otherwise), and in which country you had a chance to test in please?

(for the curious, check your SIM applications > when abroad > international and you'll see that the sim switches magically from 48 to Proximus. Sim applications are available under mobile data on iphones)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

An update on this. I eventually got on to webchat and they told me that because my number was with 48 in the past I must go through customer care to have it ported. There's nothing they can do to allow me do it myself.

I just remembered that I ported my wife's number back to 48 a month ago successfully myself without any error. That number was also with 48 in the past (for exactly the same time as mine) so why one should work and mine didn't is anyone's guess!!

hdl wrote: »
    I have a spare recruiter sim I can post to you if you don't want to wait for 48 to post. Let me know if you want it sent.

As I only placed my order during the early hours, I'll give them a few days and review it by end of the week. Cheers for the offer hdl.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭zeebre12

Just wondering for extra credit on phone for ringing America/entering competitions, can you also top up more credit for this?

• Advertisement

zeebre12 wrote: »
    Just wondering for extra credit on phone for ringing America/entering competitions, can you also top up more credit for this?

Yeah you can top up as little as a euro. Some free text numbers don't work for comps though just to be aware.

Advertisement