Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Large but light box to Uk who can do it?

Options
  • 31-08-2020 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

I have a box with coffee tables. It only weighs 10.5kg (hence the return...crap quality).
    However, it’s dimensions are 80x60x80cm
    I cannot get a reasonable quote online to return this box as it’s too big.
    Anyone any advice please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

JDMC2 wrote: »
    I have a box with coffee tables. It only weighs 10.5kg (hence the return...crap quality).
    However, it’s dimensions are 80x60x80cm
    I cannot get a reasonable quote online to return this box as it’s too big.
    Anyone any advice please?

Parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭JDMC2

Thanks for the suggestion but PM have a max of 40x40x60
    Mine is 80x80x60

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Silent night

Dpd should be able

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Parcel direct . ie
    Try them online and put in the measurements . Really pleased with them sending parcels to Canada

https://www.parceldirect.ie/

Thanks for suggestions. Parceldirect just quoted me €370+VAT for standard shipping.
    Think I’ll end up keeping my horrible cheap looking nest of tables and learn a hard lesson not to order furniture online again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Jarren1

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Thanks for suggestions. Parceldirect just quoted me €370+VAT for standard shipping.
    Think I’ll end up keeping my horrible cheap looking nest of tables and learn a hard lesson not to order furniture online again

That’s mad !! I paid €120 for 22 kgs to Canada with parcel direct !

It seems to be the size of the box that is the problem, the weight is fine.
    Even asked a courier that called to house today, he said he regularly collects boxes that size. Checked all of the above and majority won’t even quote!
    Hate those coffee tables even more now

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭andrewfaulk

It seems to be the size of the box that is the problem, the weight is fine.
    Even asked a courier that called to house today, he said he regularly collects boxes that size. Checked all of the above and majority won’t even quote!
    Hate those coffee tables even more now

Fairly bulky one, maybe try a pallet network rather than a courier

Advertisement