Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nest Hub - €59.99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Mine is due for delivery tomorrow before 6, just got a text from DHL.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

griffdaddy wrote: »

Great device. Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Basil3 wrote: »
    Yeah, to me they aren't as loud as the gen 1 google home mini. It's plenty loud for my kitchen, though.

i'm mostly comparing to my echo dots. I do have a five inch and 8 inch echo show too. But the Dot's sound is so much better than this. It seems very tinny and low quality. really expected more tbh.

I'm planning to change over to the google ecosystem anyway, but just a bit disappointed it's not on par with even the cheapest echo models.

Are the home minis you can get now similar in terms of sound or are they any better?

tusk wrote: »
    i'm mostly comparing to my echo dots. I do have a five inch and 8 inch echo show too. But the Dot's sound is so much better than this. It seems very tinny and low quality. really expected more tbh.

I'm planning to change over to the google ecosystem anyway, but just a bit disappointed it's not on par with even the cheapest echo models.

Are the home minis you can get now similar in terms of sound or are they any better?

Apparently the new ones (nest mini I think they're called) and noticeably better than the gen 1 home minis. I actually have a couple of unopened ones, keep meaning to set them up to compare.

griffdaddy wrote: »

Yeah, I caved and ordered one on the weekend. Left the Netherlands last night > Brussels > out for delivery in Dublin today. Once they are dispatched, delivery is very quick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Elwood_Blues

Yeah, I caved and ordered one on the weekend. Left the Netherlands last night > Brussels > out for delivery in Dublin today. Once they are dispatched, delivery is very quick.

Got the DHL delivery message and should have it today. It's taking the same route : Eindhoved --> Brussels --> Midlands UK --> Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭LJ3103

I ordered one Friday lunch time and it's still showing as delayed. How are people who ordered over the weekend getting them delivered first?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Ordered a Nest Mini last Wednesday. No sign of it yet. They said it's shipped but it's not showing up on DHL. It's not like I'm stuck for it in fairness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Just for anyone interested, Argos have the echo dot for €36 and the one with the clock for €43 at the minute.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

LJ3103 wrote: »
    I ordered one Friday lunch time and it's still showing as delayed. How are people who ordered over the weekend getting them delivered first?
    Yeah, it's kinda annoying!

I ordered mine on Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

ordered mine Friday evening and arrived this morning so deliveries seem very random.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭fman

Yep a Wednesday orderer here and still delayed and not responding to a query mail I sent.

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    ordered mine Friday evening and arrived this morning so deliveries seem very random.

Did you get a delayed message at any stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Ordered Thurs and arrived yesterday.

Happy enough with it, felt sound quality was better than expected after previous comments here but have a bluetooth Bose to connect if needed.

Just have to sort out my google accounts etc. Keeps calling me my sons name and when I say "Hey Google" the mini in the kids playroom chimes in and says "something went wrong" while the hub does whatever I asked in the kitchen.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Just ordered it at €58.53.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Did you get a delayed message at any stage?

Nope. Order confirmation 21.24 Friday, left Eindhoven midnight Sunday, here 9.30 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

whiterebel wrote: »
    Just ordered it at €58.53.

Jayzus.. I ordered last night at the higher VAT rate :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Went about ordering one just now but was showing delivery date 28- 30 October!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Elwood_Blues

pippip wrote: »
    Ordered Thurs and arrived yesterday.

Happy enough with it, felt sound quality was better than expected after previous comments here but have a bluetooth Bose to connect if needed.

Just have to sort out my google accounts etc. Keeps calling me my sons name and when I say "Hey Google" the mini in the kids playroom chimes in and says "something went wrong" while the hub does whatever I asked in the kitchen.

Same here, was expecting the sound quality to be poor but it's actually grand. No different to the mini.
    Went about ordering one just now but was showing delivery date 28- 30 October!

Has boards.ie caused a stock shortage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭MikeOis

Anyone know what 3 pin sockets are compatible with the hub?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Was on to the Google chat twice and got a call back as well this morning.
    All 3 times, I was shunted around to the "relevant" team, and either had the chat/call abrubtly stopped, or told that the relevant team would contact me via email in 24-48 hours.

Everything scripted and once they went to something outside of the script, they were of no use. Surprised and not surprised at the same time.

Was on to the Google chat twice and got a call back as well this morning.
    All 3 times, I was shunted around to the "relevant" team, and either had the chat/call abrubtly stopped, or told that the relevant team would contact me via email in 24-48 hours.

Everything scripted and once they went to something outside of the script, they were of no use. Surprised and not surprised at the same time.

I contacted them through chat a while ago because the order I made at lunch time Friday is stuck on delayed since Friday evening. At first I was told I was onto the US store and was then transfered to the UK, guy I spoke with said that he could see I was scheduled for delivery tomorrow

Being honest I am not holding out much faith because its still showing as delayed and and he told me that he couldn't give me tracking details for the courier

It just seems crazy that some of Fridays orders are stuck in limbo

I contacted them through chat a while ago because the order I made at lunch time Friday is stuck on delayed since Friday evening. At first I was told I was onto the US store and was then transfered to the UK, guy I spoke with said that he could see I was scheduled for delivery tomorrow

Being honest I am not holding out much faith because its still showing as delayed and and he told me that he couldn't give me tracking details for the courier

It just seems crazy that some of Fridays orders are stuck in limbo

They sent me a tracking number and said it was dispatched on Thursday. DHL don't recognise the tracking number.

They sent me a tracking number and said it was dispatched on Thursday. DHL don't recognise the tracking number.

You can't just track via a link in your emails?

You can't just track via a link in your emails?

DHL don't recognise the link in the email or the tracking number. So they obviously haven't collected it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Ordered yesterday, and got tracking number today. DHL showing information received, so should be all good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Ordered on Sunday, delivered this morning! Damn you Bargain Alerts! Already have a Google Home Mini and two Sonos speakers that I can stream my music to plus a laptop and two tablets! Did I need it? Not at all, but I love a bargain! Just ordered another one for a friend's birthday!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Have 2 of these....if you don't want or need a camera they are the business.

The Max with camera (still not avaliable here?) Is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

fman wrote: »
    Yep a Wednesday orderer here and still delayed and not responding to a query mail I sent.

Likewise. Contacted them and the request is bouncing around the teams...same thing happened with the last phone order I had with them. It'll arrive when it arrives I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭tglynn

Just ordered one, gone to €58.53...

Advertisement