Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LIDL plus app

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

Last week the aluminium foil and rasher medalion qpons wouldn't go away, i got 2 packs of rashers.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Downloaded the app myself recently. Do you scan the card on your phone every time or just when you're using the vouchers/coupons?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    Downloaded the app myself recently. Do you scan the card on your phone every time or just when you're using the vouchers/coupons?

Scan it every time or you won't get the freebies on your next visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

Wont get digital receipt either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Last week the aluminium foil and rasher medalion qpons wouldn't go away, i got 2 packs of rashers.

Yeah, I got two of the foils discounted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Cheers. I scanned it today while shopping. I assume you get more vouchers/freebies depending on amount spent?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    Cheers. I scanned it today while shopping. I assume you get more vouchers/freebies depending on amount spent?
    The weekly offers are the same for everyone but you get a scratch card when you shop. At the moment daily but before that it was every 72 hours. You have to go into the scratch card to use it, save it & activate it. Sometimes it's a free item, sometimes a discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Red Salmon tin (e1.99) or Cheese Truckles (99c) on scratchcard
    again!

They appear to be recycling the same offers every few days, got it on the 20th as well. Got the dish liquid twice too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Forgot to scan today. Ended up paying for bread and washing up liquid I don't need.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

zell12 wrote: »
    Red Salmon tin (e1.99) or Cheese Truckles (99c) on scratchcard
    again!

They appear to be recycling the same offers every few days, got it on the 20th as well. Got the dish liquid twice too

Is the salmon worth getting?
    I hate tinned salmon because of all the skin and bones...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭tx_tx

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Is the salmon worth getting?
    I hate tinned salmon because of all the skin and bones...

I found it disappointing. Not bad, but dry and not tasty. I was expecting better for the 1.99 price.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

tx_tx wrote: »
    I found it disappointing. Not bad, but dry and not tasty. I was expecting better for the 1.99 price.

Cheese Truckles it is then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Father Frisky

Anyone else having trouble getting the hi fibre cob on the app, out of stock every morning I've been in at 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

my wife who i had to show how i changed stores on the app figured out that by changing stores she could get the free item in both :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Anyone else having trouble getting the hi fibre cob on the app, out of stock every morning I've been in at 9am

I got it on Sunday morning around 11 no bother

my wife who i had to show how i changed stores on the app figured out that by changing stores she could get the free item in both :D

You can get your free item (or any offer) in any store, you don't have to go get it in the store selected in your app. Or do you mean she could redeem it twice?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

You can get your free item (or any offer) in any store, you don't have to go get it in the store selected in your app. Or do you mean she could redeem it twice?

Turns out the same item came up again on a new scratch card after she had gotten her first piece of cheese.
    She wasnt able to redeem the second voucher in the store so went to another one.

Not as mysterious as initially believed.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭bluelamp

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Where on the self service checkouts do you scan the app. I was in a store twice recently and selected the option to scan but couldn't find where so just left it.

The normal barcode scanner that faces upwards.

You need to have your phone pretty much flat on top of it for it to scan... doesn't read it at any distance in my local shop anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

bluelamp wrote: »

You need to have your phone pretty much flat on top of it for it to scan... doesn't read it at any distance in my local shop anyway.

I must try that. I tend to wave it around for a while and even tilt my phone towards the back of the scanner and it eventually picks it up.

Wheety wrote: »
    I must try that. I tend to wave it around for a while and even tilt my phone towards the back of the scanner and it eventually picks it up.
    Free entertainment for the queuers behind :pac:

• Advertisement

bluelamp wrote: »

In my local you can either use the till barcode scanner, or they added a second scanner, under the card terminal, facing down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

OmegaGene wrote: »
    sounds like a sketch from mrs browns boys

Ha Ha. When I say wave it around, I don't mean in the air. I wave it over the scanner. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭PopTarts

No more salmon / washing up liquid woooohoooo

Tortilla Chips 200g €0.34c

Or

Sparkling Fruit Crushes 1l €0.58c

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The Black Forest smoked ham from last weeks offers was pretty tasty, would buy it again at full price

03/12
    2mXh5jC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Didnt have much luck on the freebies this week. First the choice of washing up liquid or chocolate spread, both sold out on the shelves. Then another time a fruit drink or tortilla chips, fruit drink was sold out so got the chips which were on the app for 36c, brought to the till to be told it was the wrong tortilla chips. I had looked and there was only two versions there on the shelves, one for 96c and one for 36c.

Think as the app gets more popular the freebies become more scarce. Though they should have data from everyones store of what stock levels are needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Didnt have much luck on the freebies this week. First the choice of washing up liquid or chocolate spread, both sold out on the shelves. Then another time a fruit drink or tortilla chips, fruit drink was sold out so got the chips which were on the app for 36c, brought to the till to be told it was the wrong tortilla chips. I had looked and there was only two versions there on the shelves, one for 96c and one for 36c.

Think as the app gets more popular the freebies become more scarce. Though they should have data from everyones store of what stock levels are needed.

The sku code can cover a few different products sometimes - in the app you can check this under product code when you click into the item

I got a scratch card with either dog food or bagels.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭DrSerious3

Look at the picture of the chicken. Not appetising at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

I got a scratch card with either dog food or bagels.

Next one after this is back to the tortilla chips or fizzy drink

Advertisement