Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

57977 & 57976 text scam

• 24-06-2020 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Myself and my mother got scammed off 57977 and 57976 (red 27 games). They sent text messages for a game subscription that we never signed up for and we were charged 47.50 euro between us. Reply stop if you receive these texts! PM and I will help get your money back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 1ronco

get onto your network supplier and lodge a complaint
    then get onto comreg and start a complaint case . they will explain who the scammers are and their contact details
    send a email demanding you be refunded your money
    and keep onto them dont give up it is illegal
    in ireland comreg have the leglisation on their website copy and past it when needed
    they will offer good will gesture keep refuseing any offer until they agree to refund in full
    do not give up they will refund you in the end
    search on google for phone scam 57977 or other number read up and arm your self with their experence . and off you go good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

1ronco wrote: »
    get onto your network supplier and lodge a complaint
    then get onto comreg and start a complaint case . they will explain who the scammers are and their contact details
    send a email demanding you be refunded your money
    and keep onto them dont give up it is illegal
    in ireland comreg have the leglisation on their website copy and past it when needed
    they will offer good will gesture keep refuseing any offer until they agree to refund in full
    do not give up they will refund you in the end
    search on google for phone scam 57977 or other number read up and arm your self with their experence . and off you go good luck

The service providers can't do anything except block all premium numbers. The must allow payment services. They can't pick and choose.

Comreg are very uninterested in this which is a source of amazement ot me as its a major issue and comreg are the regulators that can stop it immediately.

It is as simple as sending them an email, giving them 7 days to provide verifiable proof of confirmation that you opted in to the service or provide a refund. they will provide a refund. Usually they will do it electronically so you will need to send your bank details.

the biggest issue is the company that is licenced by comreg then "sublets" their billing platform to a range of nefarious service providers who seem to think they don't have to adhere to the regulations and as comreg won't bother unless they refuse to give a refund, they will continue to scam people.

It is 100% within the remit of Comreg to stop this scam - if only they had the balls to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shireenm

Hi,

I had the same thing happen. I blocked the number by calling my phone provider and found the company's email through comreg - (click "premium rate services" and then click "check a premium rate number").
    I did get a full refund in the end (via paypal) but you need to be very persistent with them, and don't accept just 50% refund. Thanks, Shireen

Advertisement