Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eir have death cert. Still sending weekly Bill's and texts its harassment

Options
  • 29-04-2020 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

My father passed away 2yrs ago. Despite advising Eir of this and sending death cert numerous times they are still emailing me on a weekly basis and texting. Despite acknowledging the correspondence and wavering latter bills (for service not provided) They've started again with a new bill although advised multiple times a/c was to be closed. Its harassment at this point

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

GHD23 wrote: »
    My father passed away 2yrs ago. Despite advising Eir of this and sending death cert numerous times they are still emailing me on a weekly basis and texting. Despite acknowledging the correspondence and wavering latter bills (for service not provided) They've started again with a new bill although advised multiple times a/c was to be closed. Its harassment at this point

Comreg,,,,,,eir are awful

Get in touch with Conor Pope in the Irish Times

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Get minus €26 bill every month for the last 2 years when I cancelled EIR, trying to stop them would be too much hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 28,046 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I just went to renew my car tax online and a banner came up saying - if you are leaving eircom and you want to change your email address this is how you do it! Which was great as it can be difficult to change a registration email. But I was amused at the response to what must have been a tidal wave of people changing.

Its not that I am bothered by the €6 charge (though €6 for how long?) so much as I will not open another account with them just for that. They are beyond incompetent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 GHD23

Thanks will try that, sent him off a mail there

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

GHD23 wrote: »

Worth your while getting in contact with Comreg too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

you could try sending a solicitors letter too.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

Get minus €26 bill every month for the last 2 years when I cancelled EIR, trying to stop them would be too much hassle

Does that mean they owe you 26€?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Thedogsbolix

Comreg ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

My mother passed away last year and the hassle I had trying to cancel her Eir phone connection was crazy. Calling and being left on hold for up to 40 minutes and then being cut off. This happened several times.
    And when I eventually got to talk to someone, I was told that my mother would have to apply for the cancellation herself!!
    Eventually I posted my situation on here on Boards.ie, in the 'Talk to...' section where there was a thread for Eir. (That seems to be no longer available). That did the trick. A very helpful lady, Gráinne, I think her name was, got on my case and I got sorted within a couple of weeks, maybe less. This was after having first applied for the cancellation about 8 -10 weeks earlier.

Comreg,,,,,,eir are awful

Thanks tried them when they weren't delivering the speed promised at beginning of my own contract. Loads of mails to and fro but got nowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Up Donegal wrote: »
    My mother passed away last year and the hassle I had trying to cancel her Eir phone connection was crazy. Calling and being left on hold for up to 40 minutes and then being cut off. This happened several times.
    And when I eventually got to talk to someone, I was told that my mother would have to apply for the cancellation herself!!
    Eventually I posted my situation on here on Boards.ie, in the 'Talk to...' section where there was a thread for Eir. (That seems to be no longer available). That did the trick. A very helpful lady, Gráinne, I think her name was, got on my case and I got sorted within a couple of weeks, maybe less. This was after having first applied for the cancellation about 8 -10 weeks earlier.

I pretended to be my father when he went into long term care...

Up Donegal wrote: »

So sorry for your loss, thank you for that reply I'll route around for a link to that. Great to know you got sorted in the end gives some hope

you could try sending a solicitors letter too.

Might try that yet thank you

Advertisement