Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xiaomi Mi Smart TV 4S 43" 301.90e

• 07-04-2020 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Xiaomi Mi Smart TV 4S 43 "(4K Ultra HD, Triple Tuner, Android TV 9.0, remote control with microphone, Amazon Prime Video and Netflix from Amazon Germany. Its take 7 working days to arrive.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07X5CWWQN

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 brendanh13

Good reviews on this one OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

brendanh13 wrote: »
    Good reviews on this one OP?
    yes 4.2 out of 5 on amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Is this the same TV?

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-Mi-TV-4S-4K-43---Smart-TV-DVB-T2-C-421529.html

Seems a good price from amazon.de.

machalla wrote: »
    yes, the same tv

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

bondja80 wrote: »
    yes, the same tv

I've never purchased large items from Amazon or items from Amazon Germany, is it complicated?

• Advertisement

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I've never purchased large items from Amazon or items from Amazon Germany, is it complicated?
    It is the same as amazon uk, no difference.

It is the same as amazon uk, no difference.

I don't think you get the free delivery over £25 from Amazon.de?

machalla wrote: »
    I don't think you get the free delivery over £25 from Amazon.de?
    It is not free but this price was with delivery charges, tv price was 274e, now tv price goes up to 299e and with shipping cost is 329.16e.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭PCDub

Wonder would it have similar spyware to their phones.

PCDub wrote: »

Facebook? No I don't think it's installed by default. It's an android device though so Google will steal your data instead though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Hence the reason the Americans are trying to ban all Chinese tech around the world, because all the other phone manufacturers send all of your data to NSA.

It's your choice to make, do you let the Chinese or the Americans have all of your data ???

:p

Go watch Citizenfour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

It doesn't ship to Ireland for me?

Truckermal wrote: »
    It doesn't ship to Ireland for me?
    It does ship, but only 43" model, 55" doesn't ship to Ireland.
    Also they have one used like new model for 267.18e also ship to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 niceday13

OP do you or anyone else actually have this TV. If so what are your thoughts. Thanks

You are right and what a pity, it won't ship to the UK even, the 55'' equivalent is £600 on Amazon UK..

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭tandcapply

Hence the reason the Americans are trying to ban all Chinese tech around the world, because all the other phone manufacturers send all of your data to NSA.

It's your choice to make, do you let the Chinese or the Americans have all of your data ???

:p

Go watch Citizenfour.
    Or both in many cases

• Registered Users Posts: 8,625 ✭✭✭corks finest

tandcapply wrote: »
    Or both in many cases

Seems decent spec at a good price,and as I have been using xiaomi phones for years not too worried what they do with my information, nothing bad has happened yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/21/technology/google-europe-gdpr-fine.html

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/04/11/tech/amazon-alexa-listening/index.html

If you are going to talk about one product might as well talk about them all....

The only reason the chinese companies are in the news is because they are taking too much share from the Americans. Huawei was grand when it only sold to Asia, once it broke out into Europe and US, stopped Cisco winning contracts suddenly the US had an issue......no

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

I ordered this on Thursday and have yet to get a shipping date, anyone waiting the same?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Why don't you say that out loud and ask them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Apart from the Android side of things...would this also be compatible with Saorview?

If anyone buys can you check it out please whenever you get a chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

just ordered this.
    Have a couple of mi boxes , my phone and the kids phones are all xiaomi (I also just ordered a mi 10 ). Never had an issue with any of their products.
    Cheers for the link OP.

Any suggestions for getting the 55" shipped?

Truckermal wrote: »
    Any suggestions for getting the 55" shipped?
    you can try this site https://www.powerplanetonline.com/xiaomi-mi-tv-4s-v53r-55-4k-ultrahd-smarttv-android-os-led
    it cost 468.95e. Don't know how reliable is the site, I never ordered from this site. It is Spanish web shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭kennyt

Anyone got this yet? Any verdict? Rte player? 3 player?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

kennyt wrote: »

Ordered on the 8th, still hasn't shipped

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

kennyt wrote: »

Haven't got it but I have the xiaomi mi TV box.

Rte player have a version made for Android TV so that works although it can be problematic. That's just rte player though it doesn't play well on anything.

Virgin media player is not optimised for Android TV but you can sideload it, use an app to force screen rotation and then it will kind of work. You can manage to navigate most things with the remote but one or two or the menus won't be accessible without maybe a wireless mouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

DopeTech wrote: »
    Haven't got it but I have the xiaomi mi TV box.

Rte player have a version made for Android TV so that works although it can be problematic. That's just rte player though it doesn't play well on anything.

Virgin media player is not optimised for Android TV but you can sideload it, use an app to force screen rotation and then it will kind of work. You can manage to navigate most things with the remote but one or two or the menus won't be accessible without maybe a wireless mouse.

Just to second this the RTE player is a piece of ****. I have it on my LG and have give up on it. The amount of adds is shocking and the quality of video is ****e.

Xiaomi is top of the range with a fraction of the price. Currently have an activity tracker and a redmi note 8. Quality kit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭kennyt

Ordered on the 8th, still hasn't shipped

Be interested in your verdict when you get it.
    If it works for soarview.

Thanks

Advertisement