Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Crusader Kings III announced!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,636 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

titan18 wrote: »
    Tried all those. The UI doesn't scale properly imo. For example if you change it to down, the icons and text get a lot smaller and whilst readable, the council page in particular gets tough to use with the icons there for council members.

I've no idea what the tooltip setting does myself as I changed the delay to 5 seconds hoping it's get rid of them but couldn't find that it affects.

Some of the tooltip settings shorten the time it takes for them to lock in place so you can hover and then check the detail popups on them, you might be better increasing the times on these ones.

Ive played probably 300 hours of CK2 and am absolutely loving this, its a great step up imo and i cant wait to see what DLC and future mechanics paradox have planned.

Granted it has issues but its by far a more complete base game than CK2 was at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

My half brother got involved in a war in Scotland for some reason, got imprisoned and died a month later! No idea what was going on there?

Is there a screen that shows who's at war with who?

ShaneU wrote: »
    My half brother got involved in a war in Scotland for some reason, got imprisoned and died a month later! No idea what was going on there?

Is there a screen that shows who's at war with who?

If you select character profiles you can see on the right hand side they are allied with or what wars they have, if you click the wars you can see details of progress and army strength etc

I just managed to form the empire of Hispania tonight and got the highest prestige with a character that when i started on did not expect much from at all.

Disappointingly my only male heir died very young and my eldest daughter turned out to be an adulterous whore who slept with 3 mayors, that i know of, and had a child with each of them and not a single one with the hand picked husband i got for her.

She also tried to murder me which makes me think she's also responsible for killing her brother. I imprisoned and executed her but not before disinheriting her so her bastard children will have zero claims on anything.

My new heir is my unexceptional grand daughter who I dont have much hope for but ive achieved my aim of establishing an empire so whatever happens next will just be a bit of fun and if it all falls apart ill just try rebuild it which will be just as much fun!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Playing as the Duke of Bohemia.

I had two sons who both died. One of them had a son, my grandson. I later remarried and had a third son (my only surviving son).

I assumed he would be my heir but instead the duchy went to my grandson when I died.

What's that about?

I had two sons who both died. One of them had a son, my grandson. I later remarried and had a third son (my only surviving son).

I assumed he would be my heir but instead the duchy went to my grandson when I died.

What's that about?

Thats Primogeniture succession, the children of your eldest inherit their claims if they die.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

What's that about?

Generally I think the crown acts is if all your (male) heirs are alive, if it goes to someone who is dead it then acts as if they had just died and looks at their heirs if they had any. It only takes a step back if it hits a dead end no pun intended.
    Real life example if Prince Charles of England died tomorrow his son would still be next in line for the crown not the queen's next eldest child..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'm king of Ireland and whenever I put a relative in charge of an Earldom, they instantly get attacked by other vassals and there's nothing I can do about it. All you can do is ask them to stop the vassal war but they usually refuse and when they do refuse it's YOU that loses Prestige?

They openly defy you to your face and you don't get a Cassus Belli or anything to get retribution with!

My heir ended up in Turkey somewhere :D The only thing you can do is fabricate a claim on the County and remove them which makes them hate your guts! Attaching someone's Son though is fine! No wonder Medieval times were mad with rules like these.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

cool as fook vampire mod for it

Just lost like 2/3 of Spain to a muslim rebellion that caught me on the back foot, pretty sure my dynasty is about to be shredded by all my rivals now im so weak again.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Decided to try a HRE game, playing as Austria in 1066. The emperor appointed me as his steward which grants me +3.0 gold per month. Fairly OP if you ask me.

My first ruler is coming towards the end of his reign and succession is going to be a mess. I have 3 duchy titles and 3 sons.

For my next ruler I'm going to unlock celibacy first, get married, produce an heir and a spare then proclaim myself celibate for the rest of the game. Succession is so difficult in the early game.

• Advertisement

Gave this a lash on game pass. I still don't really get it. Not sure what I'm supposed to be doing. I put the speed up to max and it plays a bit like Reigns.

Gave this a lash on game pass. I still don't really get it. Not sure what I'm supposed to be doing. I put the speed up to max and it plays a bit like Reigns.

At max speed your gonna miss a lot of whats going on, run through the tutorial its pretty good for this game. Think of it like a strategy RPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Generally I think the crown acts is if all your (male) heirs are alive, if it goes to someone who is dead it then acts as if they had just died and looks at their heirs if they had any. It only takes a step back if it hits a dead end no pun intended.
    Real life example if Prince Charles of England died tomorrow his son would still be next in line for the crown not the queen's next eldest child..

Learned this the hard way myself, playing as king of Ireland and my eldest heir moved over to the Byzantine Empire, only noticed this when I was 65, tried to call him back to court wouldn't come, had to assassinate him and then it moved to his next male heir, nightmare had to assassinate all his male heirs to get it to move to my next son who was in my court and was up against the clock, literally died about 2 months after I managed all the assassinations, blessed!

Gotta say loving CCIII, came to late to the second one with all of the million DLC packages some of which I have some of which I don't. Think the new one is much more user friendly and the tutorial is a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,198 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Started playing this couple nights ago. And now I'm tired and sleep deprived.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I've never tried any of these CK games. Have you any tips for a beginner to watch out for?

Yeah I bought this yesterday evening and lost an hour and a half when I really should have gone to bed.

My graphics card is below the minimum listed but meets the requirements somehow and it seems fine.

Currently King of Ireland, will leave it to the weekend to play again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,198 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

pg633 wrote: »
    Yeah I bought this yesterday evening and lost an hour and a half when I really should have gone to bed.

My graphics card is below the minimum listed but meets the requirements somehow and it seems fine.

Currently King of Ireland, will leave it to the weekend to play again.

How do I get to be king?

I've conquered all of Ireland, but once my current King dies all the lands get divided out between family?

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

How do I get to be king?

I've conquered all of Ireland, but once my current King dies all the lands get divided out between family?

You have to create the title. If you click onto one of your titles you should see it is de jure part of Ireland (or something along those lines you'll see a little blue shield with a harp) click on that and you can create the kingdom it does cost gold and prestige if memory serves. Sorry for the vagueness I've uninstalled for the first few weeks back in college as I try and adjust my sleep pattern to mornings again :D
    Your smaller titles will still be broken up. You can use primogeniture succession when you unlock it later in the game but honestly I found it more fun than when you die you get the challenge of trying to gain control of the country again.

How do I get to be king?

I've just followed the tutorial so far.
    I'm on my own now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

Been really enjoying this so far. It's fun just rolling with whatever happens and experimenting and playing around. With my first ruler I formed an alliance with Wessex through marriage, and they had a huge army which I kept calling in as I took over Ireland, Scotland and the north of England. Then my ruler passed away due to obesity and Ireland, Alba and England god split up so I'm back to just controlling Ireland and a few welsh counties and finding ways to build back up again which has been fun.

The fact I've been playing AC Valhalla at the same time as this means I have faces and voices and personalities in my head for a lot of the protagonists of the first start date which only adds to the role-playing element.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

just started playing it again last night. such a good game. succession is a pain in the balls though, takes a lot of planning.

i mainly play ireland 867 start. it's rough, i can create the kingdom handy enough most games but taking the whole island is very hard. either alba get their claws in there early doors in the north or the vikings all allied with each other take little bits here and there that are impossible to take back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

froog wrote: »
    just started playing it again last night. such a good game. succession is a pain in the balls though, takes a lot of planning.

i mainly play ireland 867 start. it's rough, i can create the kingdom handy enough most games but taking the whole island is very hard. either alba get their claws in there early doors in the north or the vikings all allied with each other take little bits here and there that are impossible to take back.

Try get to Seniority succession. Titles filter up to the most aged.
    Make sure to give titles to blood relatives, or at least kinsmen.
    Good way to concentrate titles, and gives you plenty of spares to throw around for favour if you have a large kingdom.
    Downside is you play as a decrepit most of the time.

Advertisement