Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Delivery Restrictions to Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

amazing headphones think i had to use pw last year to get them, and paid close to double at what they are now, that aside think its down to shipping costs, as it comes from anker directly it might be above price their willing to pay to ship them even thou UK and IRE post prices would be same with tracked delivery etc, plus with amounts they move they would have way better rates in general.

So not sure why they would refuse to sell them to here.
    That said lately seems more and more items are bound by just UK delivery, wonder is that new adaptation to brexit or some crap excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Nutser

Is it just the time of year or has the free shipping option gotten extremely slow? I feel like they are trying to push people to the paid shipping options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

scamalert wrote: »
    amazing headphones think i had to use pw last year to get them, and paid close to double at what they are now, that aside think its down to shipping costs, as it comes from anker directly it might be above price their willing to pay to ship them even thou UK and IRE post prices would be same with tracked delivery etc, plus with amounts they move they would have way better rates in general.

So not sure why they would refuse to sell them to here.
    That said lately seems more and more items are bound by just UK delivery, wonder is that new adaptation to brexit or some crap excuse.
    They are at some carry on... black not deliverable to Ireland, blue and red colours are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Heighway61 wrote: »
    These were deliverable to Ireland yesterday. Refreshed the page today and now they're not.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Headphones-Lightweight-Sweatproof-Travelling-Black/dp/B01N6DC2ZE

WTF are they at.

and yet the blue and red versions will ship to ireland :rolleyes:

its gotten worse in the last year for sure, used be a rare item now its nearly every second one i look at

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭Inviere

STB. wrote: »
    The sooner they set up here properly, the better.

Is that on the horizon at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Peter File

Its happening with a lot of books as well now and no explanation given eventhough the books are sold and dispatched by amazon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Nutser wrote: »
    Is it just the time of year or has the free shipping option gotten extremely slow? I feel like they are trying to push people to the paid shipping options.

Ordered stuff on the 12th in stock and fulfilled by Amazon, giving me a delivery date of the 27th. I actually ordered stuff from China' on the same day, wonder will it arrive beforehand.

I also ordered a present for a UK address a few days later and that arrived within 3 days

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

Stuff was due to arrive 21st now pushed out to 4th January. Happy Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I have had two items (although one was a fairly heavy/bulky item) undelivered. When I got on to amazon chat (item still says dispatched and allows me to track package but no info) they just told me it was undeliverable.

Nothing else. No apology, no reasonable explanation. Nothing. I had ordered them for Christmas. Last one was due to be here on the 19th, they confirmed today that I won't be getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

restive wrote: »

For exactly the reason the xmas stuff I ordered on 19th November... Arrived 17th December.

• Advertisement

Heighway61 wrote: »
    These were deliverable to Ireland yesterday. Refreshed the page today and now they're not.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Headphones-Lightweight-Sweatproof-Travelling-Black/dp/B01N6DC2ZE

WTF are they at.

Anker are on such small margin they don't want to cover additional cost of delivering to ROI.

grogi wrote: »
    Anker are on such small margin they don't want to cover additional cost of delivering to ROI.
    They are fulfilled by amazon, so they would be shipped with a ton of other items, and would barely be noticed, wouldn't cost them anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Amazon are at it for years,ref car parts ,oil etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

The amount of blu rays sold direct by Amazon that they won't ship is ridiculous .

Anybody on Twitter to call them out on it and maybe get a few retweets going to push it.

Actually just did it with the @amazonuk handle so do likewise

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Lots of wireless earphones that have a power bank won’t ship to Ireland anymore. Also just powerbanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,856 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Which is totally nuts as they'll happily put them on a plane to Northern Ireland.

Life ain't always empty.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Which is totally nuts as they'll happily put them on a plane to Northern Ireland.

It’s a truck, not a plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,856 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Anything I've ordered with tracking to Dublin comes in by plane. It'd be rather odd if they didn't do the same up north. The delivery times of stuff I've got via PM don't tally with the slowness of ferries.

Life ain't always empty.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Anything I've ordered with tracking to Dublin comes in by plane. It'd be rather odd if they didn't do the same up north. The delivery times of stuff I've got via PM don't tally with the slowness of ferries.

Its not odd in the least. Far less restrictions shipping by truck. Very short crossing time by ferry. Depart at night, arrive in the north next morning, early. No need for the expense of flying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

restive wrote: »

Just got the following email

Amazon.co.uk
    Your Orders | Your Account | Amazon.co.uk
    Dispatch Confirmation

Hello,
    We thought you'd like to know that we've dispatched this portion of your order separately to give you a quicker service, at no additional cost to you. The remainder of your order will follow as soon as those items become available. If you need to return an item or manage other orders, please visit Your Orders on Amazon.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Ferrys are vastly less slow than you're thinking. In Amazon's case for normal deliveries they are containered at the fulfilment centre and put on the overnight boat - dunno if they use Stena or Irish Ferries - for arrival about 6am to An Post.

Fulfilment centre to mails centre its probably the same time as if done by air - the difference in speed from mails centre to home vs courier site to home is down to the delivery structure.

I'd be fairly certain they use the Liverpool/somewhere else in NE England overnight ferries to Belfast for NI deliveries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

I cancelled prime as I can't see the point of it in Ireland.

EdgeCase wrote: »
    I cancelled prime as I can't see the point of it in Ireland.

Few times I used the free trial for faster delivery and it wasn't really. It made no difference to me.
    I think people here now use it for their version of Netflix.

Suckit wrote: »
    Few times I used the free trial for faster delivery and it wasn't really. It made no difference to me.
    I think people here now use it for their version of Netflix.

Often I get the items two days after ordering. Sometimes a week later.
    Without prime the delivery times were around 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I found lots of items not being sent to ROI, it can be very annoying, I always buy the dogs deer antlers for Christmas and this year I couldn't order them due to bring restricted. I contacted the seller, he said he wasn't aware that his stuff could not be shipped here, so he made it possible for me, but my prime is up in a week, & I won't be renewing it,

Tried to order these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1402797125/ref=oh_aui_s yesterday, wasn't to stop using plastic, had to go with another company that would ship here

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

If there's a hard Brexit can we expect delivery chaos and 30%+ customs charges on Amazon products?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

namloc1980 wrote: »
    If there's a hard Brexit can we expect delivery chaos and 30%+ customs charges on Amazon products?

Expect Irish orders to be fulfilled from Germany, France or Spain then.

L1011 wrote: »
    Expect Irish orders to be fulfilled from Germany, France or Spain then.

But not Ireland.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭copperhead

Delivery restrictions to Ireland getting worse?
    I have tried to order 11 items over the last couple of days and only one would go through, I have never encountered this before I'm very confused and annoyed having just paid for prime membership last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Everyone should fire off a man email to jeff@amazon.com and tell him of your displeasure.

I did the other day. Got a reply back from his executive customer relations.

Advertisement