Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That trailer is absolutely fantastic. May have just sold the Switch for me on that alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I want the master edition, limited amount releasing or will there be plenty?

TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

Also, will there be any major differences between the wiiu and switch version?

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

nix wrote: »
    Also, will there be any major differences between the wiiu and switch version?

Resolution and frame rate would likely be the biggest ones. You'd more than likely have a greater draw distance on the switch as well as having more on the screen at once, because it should have more processing power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

That new trailer was epic! I really hope its the downfall time line, after ocarina that would be amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,942 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I've Zelda pre ordered now from Amazon for the Wii U. At this moment, I don't think I'll get a Switch at launch. That could change. It's such a big game and it does look and will perform better on Switch. Still I'm looking at €46 versus €400+.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

C2D6GFjVIAIF1xV.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

I swear to god if it's Ocarina of Time Link waking up, I'd be way too happy.

Also, where is everyone ordering their copies? I'm looking at trying to order the special edition myself since Europe isn't getting the Master one supposedly. Do Nintendo.co.uk mind Parcel Motel I wonder? :o

Linoud wrote: »
    I swear to god if it's Ocarina of Time Link waking up, I'd be way too happy.

Also, where is everyone ordering their copies? I'm looking at trying to order the special edition myself since Europe isn't getting the Master one supposedly. Do Nintendo.co.uk mind Parcel Motel I wonder? :o

Very much so. I tried ordering a special edition 3DS only available on Nintendo.co.uk and they wouldn't ship it because they don't do PO Boxes.

• Advertisement

What!? why the **** does Europe still get ignored in this day and age? :mad:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Wii U (E3 2016) vs. Switch Graphic Comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJXpZLLebLg

sligeach wrote: »
    The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Wii U (E3 2016) vs. Switch Graphic Comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJXpZLLebLg

Defiantly much clearer on the switch. Cleaner and better lighting.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 1080p on Switch / 720p on Wii U, faster loading times on Switch

This information comes from Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma…

“I think I mentioned this during E3, but the gameplay is completely the same experience on Wii U and the Nintendo Switch. The game controls for the two are pretty much identical. However, when you play in TV mode, the resolution of the screen and the sound quality go up. When I said earlier that the gameplay and game experience is the same, I meant the framerate is the same as well.”

– 1080p on Switch
    – 720p on Wii U
    – Switch will have faster loading times because it’s much easier to pull data from a game card than from a disc
    – Won’t have to wait long to play when they start up Breath of the Wild on Switch

“The world in Breath of the Wild is all seamless. There’s a lot of processing when [the game] needs to recreate the landscape, so that’s a little bit of challenge. But while you’re playing it there’s no difference whatsoever between the two.” – Miyamoto

http://nintendoeverything.com/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-1080p-on-switch-720p-on-wii-u-faster-loading-times-on-switch/

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2017/01/14/zelda-producer-breath-of-the-wild-for-nintendo-switch-is-1080p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Cleaner, more detail, but not €400+ more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe they're aiming for the people who upgraded from PS4 to PS4 Pro. :)

I know they have to sell the Switch and are using Zelda to do it, but this reminds me of an ad for a cleaning product.
    2015: Buy our new product. It's the best and eliminates 99.9% of germs and makes everything look nice and new.
    2016: Buy our new prduct. While all other products available right now, including our own from last year, only kills 30% of germs and leaves a mess behind on everything, this one kills 99.9% of germs and makes everything look nice and new

Zelda: Breath of the Wild Nintendo Switch Trailer FULL ANALYSIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taGJ7cdKN1o

Zelda: Breath of the Wild Head-to-Head Comparison (Wii U vs Switch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgT6KpNnILc

Let's Play Zelda: Breath of the Wild on Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ktFlmH_0CI

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Inviere

I've the special edition preordered from the Ninty U.K. Store, what's this about the legendary edition...is it available in the eu?

Edit - I see the Ninty uk store one is the one with the master sword and cd, so I guess that's the legendary edition?

Also, are there special editions for Wii u coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭jos22

Inviere wrote: »
    I've the special edition preordered from the Ninty U.K. Store, what's this about the legendary edition...is it available in the eu?

Edit - I see the Ninty uk store one is the one with the master sword and cd, so I guess that's the legendary edition?

Also, are there special editions for Wii u coming?

the EU version is missing the map the coin and carry case I believe.
    and it seems only standard disk for the WiiU

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aidonin

So I pre-ordered this with the Switch today in gamestop. When I asked how much both versions were, I was told:

Standard Edition (Switch) - 75 euro
    Limited Edition (Switch) - 130 euro

I can't get over the price of the limited edition! Really, all that's extra is the (presumably hollow) master sword statue, and CD included. I think I'd rather buy the Wii U version with the extra 75 saved from the standard edition instead.

• Advertisement

Aidonin wrote: »
    So I pre-ordered this with the Switch today in gamestop. When I asked how much both versions were, I was told:

Standard Edition (Switch) - 75 euro
    Limited Edition (Switch) - 130 euro

I can't get over the price of the limited edition! Really, all that's extra is the (presumably hollow) master sword statue, and CD included. I think I'd rather buy the Wii U version with the extra 75 saved from the standard edition instead.

the limited edition should be 80 euro max
    I was put off it after seeing it being unboxed on IGN .
    looking at about 40 Euro for WiiU version verse games stop price of 130
    for the statue edition.

how much was the blue shell Mario kart 8 set at launch

To be fair limited editions are usually a bit overly priced. The 130 edition I was told comes with the statue, map & a carry case for the switch tablet. For €60 extra that's insane. It was like the Fallout Pip Boys that came with a cheap plastic bracelet.

To be fair limited editions are usually a bit overly priced. The 130 edition I was told comes with the statue, map & a carry case for the switch tablet. For €60 extra that's insane. It was like the Fallout Pip Boys that came with a cheap plastic bracelet.

I thought the map & a carry case for the switch tablet and the Coin were US only
    and the EU version was just the statue and CD

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aidonin

jos22 wrote: »
    the limited edition should be 80 euro max
    I was put off it after seeing it being unboxed on IGN .
    looking at about 40 Euro for WiiU version verse games stop price of 130
    for the statue edition.

how much was the blue shell Mario kart 8 set at launch

As far as i can remember, that mk8 set was 79.99. A complete rip-off in hindsight. I can't even remember where I've put that thing.

The limited edition only contains the sword statue and the CD. €130 is a crazy asking price. €100 would be too much.

CI_NSwitch_TheLegendOfZeldaBreathOfTheWild_BundleBox_UK_image912w.tiff

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD ON WII U REQUIRES A 3GB INSTALL

Here's a notable difference between the Wii U and Switch versions of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. The Wii U retail version is going to require that you install 3 GBs worth of data on the system. Get your space cleared now!

http://gonintendo.com/stories/272058-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-on-wii-u-requires-a-3gb-i

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/zelda/products.html

I've no problem with that if it helps it run on par with the Switch version(beyond the obvious and known differences). XCX had bigger patches as far as I can remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

I have preordered the special edition, but I don't think I'll bother with it at the price it's selling at. Especially considering it's not on a par with the US edition. I know I could import that, but happy with just the game. I've never really been impressed with any special edition, and I swore I'd never get one again after the ridiculous pip boy edition of Fallout 4.

Also, noticed in the gameplay trailers that Link is referred to by name by voice actors, which probably means we can't change his name at the start, right? Not that anyone would want to anyway! Weirdos...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Here's the LoZ:BotW Limited edition on sale in Smyth's for €108.99
    It includes the game, the sword replica and the soundtrack on CD.

In comparison to other limited edition games, like CoD or Dishonored, it's price isn't by any means in the upper echelons, you look at the package, decide if it is worth it to you and pay appropriately.
    Basically, you'll be paying an extra €44 for the sword and CD, where Twilight Princess HD, including the CD and Amiibo came in around €80 initially, but then it was an Amiibo of €15 included with the game, worth around €65.
    The scale of the sword appears more substantial than an Amiibo, so perhaps the price is justified.
    Again, it's up to the individual
    You can see the Sword as a part of the US Master Edition here in the Treehouse presentation, at about 1:46:00, it's looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,571 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Here's the LoZ:BotW Limited edition on sale in Smyth's for €108.99
    It includes the game, the sword replica and the soundtrack on CD.

In comparison to other limited edition games, like CoD or Dishonored, it's price isn't by any means in the upper echelons, you look at the package, decide if it is worth it to you and pay appropriately.
    Basically, you'll be paying an extra €44 for the sword and CD, where Twilight Princess HD, including the CD and Amiibo came in around €80 initially, but then it was an Amiibo of €15 included with the game, worth around €65.
    The scale of the sword appears more substantial than an Amiibo, so perhaps the price is justified.
    Again, it's up to the individual
    You can see the Sword as a part of the US Master Edition here in the Treehouse presentation, at about 1:46:00, it's looks good.

The product description there says you can use the Wolf Link Amiibo with it. Is that right???

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    The product description there says you can use the Wolf Link Amiibo with it. Is that right???

Yup, summons Wolf Link in the game. The number of hearts you make it through the special dungeon in TP with is the number of hearts that Wolf Link will have!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You never know, we might get a version of Twilight Princess for the Switch as well!
    Sligeach might explode!

Advertisement