Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I got bogged down in the relationships thing - trying to decide who should marry who, or building relationships before the kids started to appear, or trying to cop off with Lucina - that I forgot about what was really important : Crushing my enemies,seeing them driven before me and hearing the lamentations of their women! One day I'll get back to it.

I married Donnie off to Tharja. I was a bad, bad matchmaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Does anyone know when the MM special edition new 3ds goes up for preorder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

It doesn't look like the game is going to come preloaded on the console if American prices are anything to go by

$200 for the XL and $230 for the MH but $200 for MM special edition

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

gubbie wrote: »
    It doesn't look like the game is going to come preloaded on the console if American prices are anything to go by

If you go to Nintendo's Legend of Zelda microsite, and click on the special edition logo, it shows it's pre-installed:
    http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/The-Legend-of-Zelda-Majora-s-Mask-3D-941070.html

Also on the Legend of Zelda UK facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/LegendofZeldaUK?fref=photo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Definitely said it comes pre-installed on today's Nintendo Direct.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Anyone found cheaper prices than game.co.uk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Nowhere else even has it for pre order yet, seemingly.

edit - shopto has it for the same price as Game.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's the US version that doesn't come preinstalled with Majora. So at least they would then have an excuse to buy the Majora XL and the special edition bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Will we get that paperweight if we preorder the game from GAME? It says UK only in the small print but I'd imagine they'll include it for irish buyers too?

Has anyone noticed any pre orders open yet?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'm still trying to find somewhere cheaper than 150 on game.co.uk. Personally 200 euro is a bit steep, maybe thats just me though.

Meh, it'll be less when I trade in my remaining XL. Gamestop in the US is offering 100 dollars trade in on an XL, hopefully back translates to 100 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You could always buy the new 3DS and trade the XL into CEX then. Looks like they offer around €127 for a boxed one.

My bad with the game! I did some snooping and it does say it on the box that it's included. Maybe I was just hoping because I'm getting the special edition.

In regards the price, Game.co.uk have the MH bundle up for preorder at £209.99, which is £215.24 if you include our extra VAT which is €278.45, so roundede probably to €279.99

Amazon.fr have the MM XL for €234.99

Gamestop has N3DS for pre order. Got a black one :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

cloud493 wrote: »
    Gamestop has N3DS for pre order. Got a black one :cool:

Price?
    Its Gamestop so I'm expecting the worst :(

Unspecified. Chap also said they have no news on the Majoras mask console:

TheHut also have the 3DS for preorder now. Same prices as Game but they have other bundles (inc Majora's Mask bundles)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

New Rhythm Haven Game coming to the 3ds

About bloody time

Think i may import it seeing as i have a region free console :pac:

• Advertisement

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/new-nintendo-3ds-xl-metallic-blue-black-majoras-mask-3d-special-edition-exclusive-2119265

New 3DS XL + Majora's Mask + Skullkid statue from Nintendo online store...
    http://store.nintendo.co.uk/new-nintendo-3ds-xl-console/new-nintendo-3ds-xl-metallic-blue-majoras-mask-3d-special-edition/11070034.html?utm_source=Affiliate&utm_medium=Tradedoubler&utm_campaign=HotUKDeals2
    Bizarrely it's not the MM n3DSXL, it's metallic blue.

More bizarrely, the listing doesn't mention the Skullkid Statue OR the AC Adapter in the picture
    And it suggests that you get the UK Special edition with the poster and pin badge
    Still, eyes peeled for the Ninty Store if you're looking for interesting (if unpredictable) bundles.

Chap in gamestop also said (although he might just have been pushing me to preorder) they were expecting a small initial shipment.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Chap in gamestop also said (although he might just have been pushing me to preorder) they were expecting a small initial shipment.

Would really like to know their prices before preordering though...

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭VelcroGhost

Banjo wrote: »

New 3DS XL + Majora's Mask + Skullkid statue from Nintendo online store...
    Bizarrely it's not the MM n3DSXL, it's metallic blue.

More bizarrely, the listing doesn't mention the Skullkid Statue OR the AC Adapter in the picture
    And it suggests that you get the UK Special edition with the poster and pin badge
    Still, eyes peeled for the Ninty Store if you're looking for interesting (if unpredictable) bundles.

A large number of MM + Skull Kid bundles are on the Nintendo UK store now. (can't post a link).

I went for the statute + gold XL. Hope it comes.

£210

Just gotta keep telling myself, no, no, I don't need it. I'm best off waiting until the next generation of handheld... this can't be it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Amazon.fr have the MM XL for €234.99

Oh god I'm not even sure I really like Zelda, but for 235 for the XL....

Everyone likes Majoras mask silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

I have a question, if I was to format my 3ds completely and bring it into say CEX to trade for money so I can preorder one of these, is there any harm in that, would I stand to lose anything?

Your eShop account - which includes any games that may have come preinstalled if you got a bundle console, eg one with Super Mario 3D Land or Mariokart pre-installed; or any DLC, basically anything you might have paid for - is tied to the hardware.

Your Streetpass data is stored in the system memory, so you lose all your streetpasses, puzzle pieces, hats, etc.

If you play pokemon, it's probable that your save is tied to the old hardware too in some way. It does something to prevent save-juggling. It might just mean a loss of friend code data and your online record though. Don't know, haven't tried moving a cart around. Give me your old 3DS for free and I promise I'll do some research in the area :)

If you don't buy eShop titles or DLC, you don't have a huge amount to lose.
    If you do, you want to perform a System Transfer to the new console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

marko93 wrote: »
    I have a question, if I was to format my 3ds completely and bring it into say CEX to trade for money so I can preorder one of these, is there any harm in that, would I stand to lose anything?

Do you have any games downloaded to your console or an NNID linked to it as Nintendo don't have a cloud server like Sony for the vita, the games are linked to your account and console, the only way to keep them is to export them to the new 3DS when you buy it in 29 days.

Advertisement