Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rift S's not moving on Donedeal??

• 04-09-2020 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭

I thought Covid supply chain issues and WFH and lockdowns would have meant these would sell very quickly.

Was about to put my 'Used once to make sure it was working' Rift S with Koss Porta Pro Audio Mod on Donedeal but it looks like the units already there aren't moving.

(A present for someone I decided not to give them in the end. Bought them something else.)

https://imgur.com/a/rPimJBq

Don't need it myself as I have a Reverb G1 and a Reverb G2 pre-ordered.

Is it the prices I wonder €350-€450??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Probably the worst time to try and sell an Oculus given Facebook's recent announcement that every new user will need a Facebook account. Coming up to Xmas I would have been very tempted by one, but the announcement means I will now never subscribe to the Oculus eco-system.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Aren't they about €450 new?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Probably the worst time to try and sell an Oculus given Facebook's recent announcement that every new user will need a Facebook account. Coming up to Xmas I would have been very tempted by one, but the announcement means I will now never subscribe to the Oculus eco-system.

Or the best time because any new Oculus HMD Purchased from October on requires the facebook Login, whereas if you buy a new or S/H Rift S now and setup an Oculus account before the end of October means no Facebook login requirement till December 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Calibos wrote: »
    before the end of October

You certain it's the end of October? I thought the new rule came in on Oct 1st?

So if you have no account then try to create one on the 1st October you will need to use Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

mrcheez wrote: »
    You certain it's the end of October? I thought the new rule came in on Oct 1st?

So if you have no account then try to create one on the 1st October you will need to use Facebook.

You may be right. "Staring in October"

https://www.oculus.com/blog/a-single-way-to-log-into-oculus-and-unlock-social-features/

And its January 2023 not December.

• Advertisement

Calibos wrote: »
    You may be right. "Staring in October"

https://www.oculus.com/blog/a-single-way-to-log-into-oculus-and-unlock-social-features/

And its January 2023 not December.

aye... December 31 2022 last day to login anonymously!

Then we're in ****-town: https://youtu.be/lvslNorbs5o?t=110

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Aren't they about €450 new?

That is exactly why their not selling. I messaged a lad asking for a more realistic price (he was asking for 500) and I pointed out that a brand new one was only 450. He said it was sold. My ass it was sold for 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Personally I just sold an oculus quest on adverts over the weekend for €400, I put the add up on Friday and it was sold by 2pm Sunday.

Personally I just sold an oculus quest on adverts over the weekend for €400, I put the add up on Friday and it was sold by 2pm Sunday.

You were very lucky getting 400 for it considering the cheaper and better spec quest 2 was announced a couple of days after selling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

You were very lucky getting 400 for it considering the cheaper and better spec quest 2 was announced a couple of days after selling it.

Yes i'll be honest I had heard rumors of a quest 2 so I sold it earlier then I was probably going too, Money is going towards a series x.

Until mobile VR is on par with PCVR without a cable and pc needed then I am just gonna stick with PSVR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Yep, €349 for new quest, bought Quest 1 for €449 in March :/

And they've essentially discontinued Rift now as Quest 2 will offer better specs with link.

I mean good for VR, but not great for selling old gear!

Yes i'll be honest I had heard rumors of a quest 2 so I sold it earlier then I was probably going too, Money is going towards a series x.

Until mobile VR is on par with PCVR without a cable and pc needed then I am just gonna stick with PSVR

I built a gaming PC recently and planning on getting the HP Reverb G2 when its available on amazon uk. I have a £350 amazon gift card to take the sting out of the price for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,340 ✭✭✭Homelander

I actually put a Odyssey Plus and Oculus Go on Adverts last week and not even an offer on either.

Didn't want to buy a Quest 2 until I sold those on.

Homelander wrote: »
    I actually put a Odyssey Plus and Oculus Go on Adverts last week and not even an offer on either.

Didn't want to buy a Quest 2 until I sold those on.

https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail/?id=0815820020202a&categoryName=vr-tech&superCatName=electronics&title=oculus-go-vr-headset-%28with-controller-and-micro-usb%29-32gb-a

Not bad price to be honest!

Advertisement