Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Possible sticky situation

• 10-09-2020 2:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hello everyone,

I made a purchase on Ali baba and sourced my own Irish freight company to handle the shipping from the port in China to an address in Ireland.

I gave all the details that the freight company wanted from me including VAT number and delivery address,

However the yard where I wanted the pallets delivered has a few different companies there and is just a storage yard for our construction company ( our company is registered at our home address in Donegal but operates in Dublin).

So when the freight company asked me for a delivery address I gave them an address for a different company in the same yard as they are the only company on google maps and is always used by other companies in the yard.

Now the issue is that my freight company is saying that the customs will not let my shipment through because it is addressed to the other company.

I am just wondering what will happen in this case?

Thanks in advance
    John

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

As long as the invoice is addressed to the correct company there shouldn't be an issue, because they will be paying VAT and Duty. Have you spoken to Customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 john413

whiterebel wrote: »
    As long as the invoice is addressed to the correct company there shouldn't be an issue, because they will be paying VAT and Duty. Have you spoken to Customs?

Thanks very much for you're reply whiterebel.
    The shipment actually won't arrive until next week.

The freight company just needed me to get my supplier to change the commercial invoice and packing list.

I will update when my products arrive next week.
    Thanks
    John

whiterebel wrote: »

Thanks very much for you're reply whiterebel.
    The shipment actually won't arrive until next week.

The freight company just needed me to get my supplier to change the commercial invoice and packing list.

I will update when my products arrive next week.
    Thanks
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

The freight agent was correct. But as you found out, a change in paperwork was all that was needed and then local delivery instructions can be given.

Another option if you are importing regularly and using the same yard is to register the yard as a secondary business address with revenue and you will be fine

Hello everyone,
    I thought I would just post an update for anyone that is interested.

My freight forwarder just told me to ask my supplier to change the delivery address on the original commercial invoice and packing list and I sent the new one to my freight forwarder.

I was really surprised at how easy it was, anyhow my first large shipment from China has been delivered to my door.

Thanks everyone
    John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 techtalk101

Hi John, can you share some information on what size of goods you imported with the approx cost involved?
    Thanks

Advertisement