Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-08-2020, 21:30   #16
Muahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del2005 View Post
Very few houses in Ireland have a 3 phase supply so you won't have to worry about that. Still don't want to mess around with single phase supply though.

yeah definitely a job for a sparks. Im sure confident DIYers would do it no problems but personally feel electricity is not worth messing around with even if it looks easy on Youtube. Getting an electric shock is not a nice experience.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-08-2020, 21:32   #17
colm_mcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasepalm View Post
Think most ovens are wired in to the wall with a master switch to kill the power before going near it.Possibly looking at fuseboard to click the switch which will put light out on master switch on wall and switching that off.Big heavy cable to wire up to the back as did mine years ago but as advised leave to the electrician.They should offer a generous voucher for yanking yer chain.I bet if you left the old unit outside it would vanish=yes boss.
A load of ovens just have a 3 pin plug now.
Thanks from:
05-08-2020, 22:19   #18
L1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by colm_mcm View Post
Dedicated ovens do; but what a lot of people mean by "oven" is a standalone unit - cooker, stove, whatever; which always need hard wiring unless they have gas burners. I can't tell which the OP means here.

We've never had a standardised high-amperage home connector probably because we don't need them; countries with 110v have them as they
need them for electric washers and dryers too.
Thanks from:
05-08-2020, 22:25   #19
greasepalm

Quote:

Must be light weight cookers if not using all that leccy like they used to do,so conversion would need sparks to add a box behind cooker to allow to plug in and still have power switch on wall in case next oven did not.
05-08-2020, 22:29   #20
greasepalm

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1011 View Post
Dedicated ovens do; but what a lot of people mean by "oven" is a standalone unit - cooker, stove, whatever; which always need hard wiring unless they have gas burners. I can't tell which the OP means here.

We've never had a standardised high-amperage home connector probably because we don't need them; countries with 110v have them as they
need them for electric washers and dryers too.

Heard plenty of users in USA accidentally getting their hobs turning on by knocking against them and they dont fit off switches for their hobs or ovens and seen plenty of plastic based items melt.Glad we have cut off switches
Advertisement
05-08-2020, 22:58   #21
colm_mcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasepalm View Post
Must be light weight cookers if not using all that leccy like they used to do,so conversion would need sparks to add a box behind cooker to allow to plug in and still have power switch on wall in case next oven did not.
I’m talking about a single oven/grill. 2400w with everything on.
05-08-2020, 23:28   #22
greasepalm

Cant remember the Belling the mother had but was duel purpose and the fan oven would just fit a 26lb turkey,and the small oven/grill above was well used.It did many wonderful things and used to bake in it.The fun has long gone.
05-08-2020, 23:32   #23
listermint

Quote:
I’m talking about a single oven/grill. 2400w with everything on.
Load of cheap ovens have plugins.

Anything worth installing that's not free standing doesn't.
06-08-2020, 11:05   #24
colm_mcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by listermint View Post
Load of cheap ovens have plugins.

Anything worth installing that's not free standing doesn't.
A load of ovens are cheap ovens

I think the self cleaning ones draw more power.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion