Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PES 2019 Eat My Goal

Options
  • 23-02-2019 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭

Let's see the worldies you get on PES 2019.

I'll kick things off with these 2 :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Nice goals!
    The first thing I do with PES the last few years, even before I've played a game, is mute the commentary, it's awful :D
    It's a better game without it in my opinion.
    Cracking goals though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Nice goals!
    The first thing I do with PES the last few years, even before I've played a game, is mute the commentary, it's awful :D
    Cracking goals though!

I never have commentary or sound on PS4, normally listen to music or podcasts on my headphones :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I came back to PES there after going on hiatus for a while. Scored a few nice goals as well with Fulham who I'm quite enjoying playing with actually. So much so that I started a Master League with them. :)

1. Vs Cardiff. My trademark corner routine. Etheridge hasn't exactly covered himself in glory here, if I'm honest. :pac:

2. Vs FC Copenhagen. Admittedly, I'm 2-0 down at this stage, but I thought this was a well worked team goal right from our goal kick. It's when you score goals like this that make playing on full manual so worth it. :):)

3. Vs Cardiff. Same game as the first video. This was the first goal. But it was also a thing of beauty from Mitro. (Just try to ignore the blatant foul by me in the build up. The referee did. :pac:)

I love the commentary in that last one:

"What a rocket! That is special! A finish of true class!"
    Ten seconds later:
    "Pretty simple finish in the end, what do you think, Jim?"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Nice goals!

I reckon you're looking at the commentary all wrong. Look at FIFA. They've actually been trying their best to get the commentary right all these years but they're still not even close. The reality is that neither of them are ever going to get it right, ever, because it'll just get dull and boring and repetitive after just ten or so matches no matter what.

With PES though, their commentary is so awful, that it's actually entertaining! It's like Peter Brackley (Legend, RIP) all over again. I sometimes wonder have they done that deliberately. Genius, if so.

FIFA commentary is just so so so boring in comparison because it's like they're trying too hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Wilberto wrote: »
    I came back to PES there after going on hiatus for a while. Scored a few nice goals as well with Fulham who I'm quite enjoying playing with actually. So much so that I started a Master League with them. :)

1. Vs Cardiff. My trademark corner routine. Etheridge hasn't exactly covered himself in glory here, if I'm honest. :pac:

Sorry to put the goal down, but I hate this goal. So many people take advantage of this online and you can't defend it no matter what you do. (The person flicking the ball on)

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote:
    Sorry to put the goal down, but I hate this goal. So many people take advantage of this online and you can't defend it no matter what you do. (The person flicking the ball on)

Maybe that's what it's like online, but not so much offline when your up against the AI. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

My favourite goal from a corner is when you use dash and whip one in. Great when it comes off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Cienciano wrote: »
    My favourite goal from a corner is when you use dash and whip one in. Great when it comes off.

Yeah I use dash and smash it across the 6 yard

Advertisement