Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Noobturnal thread*New posters to the nocturnal forum come here for introductions!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Gwildor

Hello all,

Stumbled upon this forum by chance. I'm an insomniac who by happy coincidence also works a lot of nightshifts. Spend a lot of my time cycling or hiking, mostly at night as I love the solitude and dark landscapes. Just something really calming being out and about while everyone else is sleeping. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Hey Gwildor, welcome to Nocland.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Gwildor

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Hey Gwildor, welcome to Nocland.

Thanks! I could end up posting here a lot... :D

Workaway, there is always someone floating about here.

This is the main chat thread here

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=108478051

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Greetings Gwildor :) Welcome to the darkside ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Gwildor wrote: »
    Hello all,

Stumbled upon this forum by chance. I'm an insomniac who by happy coincidence also works a lot of nightshifts. Spend a lot of my time cycling or hiking, mostly at night as I love the solitude and dark landscapes. Just something really calming being out and about while everyone else is sleeping. :)

Welcome Gwildor :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Gwildor wrote: »
    Hello all,

Welcome fellow wanderer in darkness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

hiya Gwildor please excuse cyberwolf he has not paid his electric bill lol

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Rubecula wrote: »
    hiya Gwildor please excuse cyberwolf he has not paid his electric bill lol

More like my neighbor found the extension cord.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Hi all, being a shift worker I'm surprised I haven't stumbled across this place before now :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

You've been lucky enough to avoid us looneys. Welcome.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Howdy, ooh more new blood.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

:D Dunno how active I'll be but can see myself appearing here a lot. My regular haunts are all day people and I've no one to talk to during these 10 hr night shifts!

Yeah similar here, after about 03.00 no one is around really..

Necrominus wrote: »
    Hi all, being a shift worker I'm surprised I haven't stumbled across this place before now :pac:

That why I found this place.

Haha, I do most of my posting regularly over on Forum Games, spending far too much time playing games when I should be working :pac:

I do be about some nights at that time

Shpud2 wrote: »
    I do be about some nights at that time

Pedantic fecker :pac:

Pedantic fecker :pac:

You got the fecker part right anyway

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That's because its the witching hour! :eek:

• Advertisement

We're all off looking for eye of newt and other things for our cauldrons

Welcome Necro! Please don't kill me! :p

Welcome Necro! Please don't kill me! :p

We does frown on outright murder around here. Maiming is cool though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Necrominus wrote: »

Welcome along :)

May I hang out here? I go through phases of not being able to sleep for one reason or another. It'd be nice to have someplace to go!

May I hang out here? I go through phases of not being able to sleep for one reason or another. It'd be nice to have someplace to go!

Indeed and welcome. :)

Indeed and welcome. :)

:) Thank you! :)

:) Thank you! :)

The Shack of Shenanigans is the chat thread, welcome anytime.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

3b99040c512c12abafbef185cdde5cb4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Hey all I work 12 hour nite shifts and tend to not ever sleep due to being a single father so thought I'd get involved here!

Advertisement