Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fuel Allowance

• 22-09-2020 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi ,did anyone on DA get their payment tonight along with Fuel Allowance lump sum .i just checked my bank account and the amount seems to be that ,and is the exact amount expected from fuel allowance,but was not expecting it till October.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nothing

Just read this on moneyguideireland

Fuel Allowance Dates
    The Fuel Allowance scheme normally operates for 28 weeks . For the 2020/2021 period, it will run from the 28th September 2020 to Friday 9th April 2021.

So the lump sum would be due next Wednesday, which is not a payment day for DA, so that might be why it's early?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Yes, it was due in next week's payment so was paid today

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Sienna5050

Ah i can see now how that happened .thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

Do you need to re-apply each year or is it automatically paid? I got it last Year in 2 lump sums and circumstances hasn’t changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭SourSessions

OkeyDoke12 wrote:
    Do you need to re-apply each year or is it automatically paid? I got it last Year in 2 lump sums and circumstances hasn’t changed.

Automatic usually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Thank you; I came here to ask about that. What would we do without boards.ie!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭foreverme

Hi all. Can somebody tell me a bit about the fuel allowance means test please? I'm receiving maintenance from my ex husband for myself and I'm on invalidity pension and living alone allowance. When my means are being calculated for fuel allowance, is the maintenance added to the invalidity pension and the living alone allowance and if it all comes to over €348.30, is my fuel allowance claim disallowed?
    I read somewhere that only 50% of the maintenance received is taken into account. I'm really confused about it all. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Do you receive any indication from DSP whether your claim for fuel allowance is successful or not.

I applied as I believe I qualify, but have neither received the allowance or any notification of my application. Its hard to figure out.

Confusion is an understatement.

Advertisement