Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

My Kitchen Rules 2020

• 03-02-2020 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭

This started yesterday in Australia (I know there are some fans here) :)

Manu vs. Colin this year (both mentoring a group each).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Last season they got a bit too scripted, they need to stop the BS a little and get rid of the crap earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Just about to watch episode 2! Ok so far but I can see "drama" coming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Any idea when it will air here?

Has Pete left altogether?

"However it eventually became evident why they had done it that way," adds the insider, who maintains Pete doesn't have "mentor appeal" and notes the contestants often found the father-of-two "cold and awkward" to be around and that he avoided small talk between takes.

Seems to be a taster, i am honestly not surprised though as between the three of them he is a bit more controversial being that he is anti-vaxx.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/tv/mkr-star-pete-evans-gets-the-chop/ar-AAI1ypp

No pete is still there. Just trying a new format I think

• Advertisement

Dovies wrote: »
    Just about to watch episode 2! Ok so far but I can see "drama" coming :)

Where are you watching it?

I think the new format is due to the ratings dropping in the last series, the problem they need to address is the scripted nature and bring it back somewhat to what it once was.

Josh and Austin kept in it for so long because they were creating drama is just ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Looking at last year's thread there was 4 months between it finishing in Australia and on TV over here.

How "scripted" was last season? Is there any info beyond what we see on the show?

Anyone still watching?? It has to be scripted - no one carries on like that at a dinner with people you have just met! And with no interference from the judges. Rumours around that this is the last season - much as I have loved all the seasons and I love Australian shows, even I'm getting a bit tired of it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Pro-tip: The "Previously On..." segment tells you everything you want to know about the previous episode. :)

I usually watch that, the 3 critiques and the ending. There is too much on TV these days - I can't watch for an hour every day.

It's getting a bit tired alright.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    There is too much on TV these days - I can't watch for an hour every day.

It's getting a bit tired alright.

Lol no idea what you are finding to watch! This usually fills the 6.30pm slot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Dovies wrote: »
    Anyone still watching?? It has to be scripted - no one carries on like that at a dinner with people you have just met! And with no interference from the judges. Rumours around that this is the last season - much as I have loved all the seasons and I love Australian shows, even I'm getting a bit tired of it now.

Yeah feel it bit tired of it now myself. Last season was way more focussed on manufactured controversies and arguments than it was on actual cooking food. Felt like the show has lost it way somewhat but I think all these realty shows have a shelf life and often towards the end of them the producers just ham it up to get the very last out of a tired and dated format.

I'll watch this series whenever it shows up on Sky (April or May I think going by last year) but if it is the last series I wont be that bothered either.

Colin deserves his own show, would like to see that. Im sick of Pete at this stage!

Got up to episode 11 today. Jesus, have they learned nothing after last year?
    It's a contrived soap opera at this stage.

The fake romance love triangle (with Ben, his teenager mustache and the personality of a sponge)
    The fake walkout.
    The fake rivalries.
    The smug poker player twit.
    Romel in general.

No third group this year (so far) so it looks like it will be a shorter season.

I think they forgot what made my kitchen rules a hit, it was real couples who shopped where ever they wanted (not ****ing coles) and was not a scripted crap.

Got up to episode 11 today. Jesus, have they learned nothing after last year?
    It's a contrived soap opera at this stage.

The fake romance love triangle (with Ben, his teenager mustache and the personality of a sponge)
    The fake walkout.
    The fake rivalries.
    Romel in general.

ah jaysis this puts me off watchng it when it does show up on Sky! Its definitely more of a soap opera than a cookery show these days. Shame really, I thought series 3 to about 8 or 9 were great but its on a downward slide now and the producers are just going for the lowest common denominator by fabricating battles and drama between the contestants :rolleyes:

The fake walkout.
    The fake rivalries.
    Romel in general.

Bens mate looks like an action man!
    No way that Mark is a poker player - or a good one anyway. He doesn't have the poker face. And he talks some amount of sh**
    Romel in general but she is just as bad!

Have you all lost interest? Final is tonight - well last night but won't see it until tonight!

Already? Yikes. I'm about 10 behind I think. A shorter season is a great idea.

Already? Yikes. I'm about 10 behind I think. A shorter season is a great idea.

I watch it every night so that's how Im up to date!

Last night, I watched the recap for 8 episodes and watched the final 2 episodes in full.

I don't think I missed much by watching the recaps.
    That "alliance" was scripted for drama, without a doubt.

I think that, based on the build up to the finale, the right team won in the end.

I hear ratings weren't great this year and there are rumours that it won't be back (for a while anyway).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 kiki smiling

Does anyone know when this will be shown on Sky? I cant believe its the last series of MKR, have followed this for years

This stage last year the season would have been already over. The fact that is hasn't been any mentioned of a broadcast date and the fact that it has has been cancelled in Australia has me concerned it won't find it's way onto UK TV. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19 kiki smiling

Oh I hope we can get to see it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

S.M.B. wrote: »
    This stage last year the season would have been already over. The fact that is hasn't been any mentioned of a broadcast date and the fact that it has has been cancelled in Australia has me concerned it won't find it's way onto UK TV. :(

I'm not surprised it was cancelled.

I loved the show. However, the last few seasons have really been drawn out. Time wise its a massive commitment to watch, 5 episodes a week for a few weeks and most of it is filler. Even recording it and fast forwarding through the episode has become a chore.

Shame they didn't leave it at cooking instead of concocting drama.

RTE are currently showing season 10 on Saturday mornings approx 11am at a rate of one episode a week- it is currently on episode 4 screened last Saturday so with 51 episodes we wont be seeing the final until sometime in August 2021 :eek: Only RTE could pull something like that and it wouldnt surprise me if it suddenly disappears over Christmas or something.

Anyway I have it on record for a second watch. Its at the stage where Josh and Austin are properly winding up the whole table. I didnt like it on first viewing but find it funny on this one as you know they are just wind up merchants purposely put in there to cause controversy which they do very well.

Colin has his own show called My Restaurant Rules which is set in NZ. Its similar but just 5 teams who all own restaurants in New Zealand and they judge each others food. Its a bit meh but presumably only 5 maybe 6 episodes long anyway.

10 I think. It's OK.

Shame about MKR, but I think it will be back. The Block took a long break, but came back and is stronger than ever.

S11 just started on 'W' yesterday at 7pm, it is nightly at the same time. Channel 109 on a Sky box

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Muahahaha wrote: »
    S11 just started on 'W' yesterday at 7pm, it is nightly at the same time. Channel 109 on a Sky box

My new evening fix now that I’ve finished Masterchef Australia. For som reason Sky is not picking up series link for this so Make sure to set it to record for every night

Annoying that for its last season it's moved to a channel I don't have access to. I would have just got my hands on it via other means from day one had I known that.

• Advertisement

Poochie05 wrote: »
    My new evening fix now that I’ve finished Masterchef Australia. For som reason Sky is not picking up series link for this so Make sure to set it to record for every night

funny you say that, I had set it to record series on Monday but it didnt recrord yesterday and I just caught it there not recording either so missed the first 30 minutes of episode 3. Bit of a pain but will manually set it to record every day

Advertisement