Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GTA San Andreas PC shooting controls with 360 pad.

Options
  • 24-09-2019 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭

They are absolutely horrific. Can someone help me please. Getting killed so quickly because CJ just turns 180 for no reason in the middle of a gunfight. Aiming at nothing randomly.

It's a joke.

Is there a fix at all?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Can you recreate this happening yourself or is it completely random? If you can recreate it, it might be a possibility to remap whatever buttons is causing it. Fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It seems random. I'm using the default controls. If I'm shooting a target and move, then aim again, it lock aims in completely random point nowhere near where I am facing.

I'm 100% sure it doesn't do this on the PS2 version, as I've played that to death many times.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

If it’s completely random you might be out of luck. I’d try remapping the button configuration if you can, swap the aim button around & try playing again. You might get lucky with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Aiming is notoriously bad on PC for San An.
    It will lock onto an enemy running away from you behind you, before it'll lock onto the one standing in front of you shooting :pac:

I don't know that I can offer a solution but you could maybe mess with sensitivity settings and see if that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Aiming is notoriously bad on PC for San An.
    It will lock onto an enemy running away from you behind you, before it'll lock onto the one standing in front of you shooting :pac:

I don't know that I can offer a solution but you could maybe mess with sensitivity settings and see if that helps!

Yup. That's what's happening alright.

It's unplayable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement