Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toy Spotting / Shopping Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

both those have gone back up in price but still cheaper than they were to begin with.

trypticons 126.92 stg and the insecticons are 49.99 stg.

by the way for those interested both are "prime" so once its over 25 stg its free postage to ireland.

i mention it because theyre doing age of extinction snarl for 6.50 stg and age of extinction drift for 10.99stg and if ya bought them you'd get hit by the postage costs as even together theyre under it.

im looking at two DVDs for the brother that only come to 20 stg and am thinking of using one of em to push it over the limit.

:D

oh and battle core optimus prime is going for 23.99stg too.

im raging i didnt get the trypticon when it was 78 pound. with the exchange rate recently it was working out as circa 112 euro . still its early in the new year and they might do a "sale" back to that price yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭PaulPriest

Toys R Us have randomly got Generations Double-Dealer in stock and for delivery: http://www.toysrus.co.uk/toys/transformers-generations-voyager-double-dealer/015295107
    And, he's only 12.49 GBP like Roadbuster/Sky-Byte.

Smyths have added listings for CW Wave 4 limbs: http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/action-figures-playsets/c-344/transformers/?page=1&pagesize=12&viewall=False&sort=sortattr_createdate%20desc&fz=False

Given they actually stocked Ultra Magnus, perhaps there's a chance. Where's my white Prime?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

PaulPriest wrote: »
    Smyths have added listings for CW Wave 4 limbs: http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/action-figures-playsets/c-344/transformers/?page=1&pagesize=12&viewall=False&sort=sortattr_createdate%20desc&fz=False

Given they actually stocked Ultra Magnus, perhaps there's a chance. Where's my white Prime?

They had the 4 limbs and White Optimus in stock in the Limerick Childers Road store today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

12410562_10153881188073343_4696071534203782397_n.jpg?oh=985c953f7f9ef66a97147ea316c62c78&oe=57139ED9&__gda__=1459789519_9d020a4422ea63e8c1fe632c8a5398f2
    In Toys R us at Blanch if anyone's after this Monstrosity

They had prowl mirage and sunstreaker in tallaghts smiths today too .

I reckon battlecore prime is a cert as it'd be a bit mad to have all the limbs and not him .

By the way no comic with em so its not the stuff I've seen goin on amazon . They got more magnus s in too along with a smattering of whirl / rhinoxs for 15 quid ( limbs are 21.99 )

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AxlF

Toys R Us have randomly got Generations Double-Dealer in stock and for delivery: http://www.toysrus.co.uk/toys/transformers-generations-voyager-double-dealer/015295107
    And, he's only 12.49 GBP like Roadbuster/Sky-Byte.

Hmmm, he's gone now. That's a shame. I wouldn't mind getting him at that price.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

They had prowl mirage and sunstreaker in tallaghts smiths today too .

I reckon battlecore prime is a cert as it'd be a bit mad to have all the limbs and not him .

By the way no comic with em so its not the stuff I've seen goin on amazon . They got more magnus s in too along with a smattering of whirl / rhinoxs for 15 quid ( limbs are 21.99 )

Spotted in a Smyths in the UK in the last few days. Reduced price too IIRC.

Where's my white Prime?

On the Shelve in Blanchardstown

12540805_10153892902088343_7916181506113814696_n.jpg?oh=13ef60095ef59d83659d7f44e6875435&oe=570902CC&__gda__=1459542145_b594c9d94a9ca6bfbc1e4d6cd147884d

• Advertisement

here mark meant to say thanks for that post.

went over last week and picked him up so now ive got a complete optimus maximus.

:D

someone was trying to hide the fecker though as there was none obviously on display and ya had to go rooting behind a hotspot to find the two of em that was left.

oh and trypticons back up on sale for £99.99 on amazon which is about €133 or so. its another prime one so free post to ireland.

just had a walk through tallaghts smyths today and all the limbs for OM are gone now. only a load of dragstrips left.

still a few mangus's though for those interested.

Masterpiece Sunstorm supposedly down to 30.00 GBP on TRU UK.

Kinda gaudy... but how often are you gonna get a Masterpiece that cheap these days?

(Argos Skywarp was 6 years ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus is in Smyths Tallaght for €63 (I think?).

Was very tempted.

He's a great figure. Be more than tempted. And get him.

ChopShop wrote: »
    Kinda gaudy... but how often are you gonna get a Masterpiece that cheap these days?

I actually think he looks nice in person, as a jet at least. There's not too many legit yellow Masterpieces.

No retail sighting yet, but CW Onslaught appeared on Smyths website.

Think he and Scattershot were seen *somewhere* at UK retail recently...

And a solitary CW Prowl and Battle Core Optimus in Smyths Jervis St this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Arquinsiel

Anyone happen to see a lone Streetwise shelfwarming anywhere? I decided I totally need him after months of not caring when I noticed Prowl in Smyth's Swords just before Christmas.

Arquinsiel wrote: »
    Anyone happen to see a lone Streetwise shelfwarming anywhere? I decided I totally need him after months of not caring when I noticed Prowl in Smyth's Swords just before Christmas.

Easons in town?

Or are they all out?

They were down to just Legends class last I was in, and while they were actually the cheapest I've seen them since 2014 the Deluxes when they were available were pricier than anywhere else. Argos might have some lurking around, but they're asking 30+ for them.

Masterforce had a few listed for 12gbp.

With Sterling a little weaker at the moment, and if you ask them to post it without the packaging, you might get closer to local price?

• Advertisement

Toys R 'us. Thanks for the Defensor wave of Combiner wars.
    But So long.
    http://toyworldmag.co.uk/news/toys-r-us-calls-in-receivers/

But So long.

went by smyths in tallaght yesterday and theyve got the white optimus in.

still no sign of any limbs though beyond dragstrip.

they seem to be doing a major upgrade or something as half the shelves are emty and the TFs have been moved to an aisle as opposed to the end of one near the DVDs where they were.

oh and that trypticons gone back up to £131 on amazon.

have no idea why he's bouncing up and down on the cost stakes as it seem to be the same sellers putting him up so if ya still didnt get him i bet its just the wait of a month or two to see him back below £99.

MarkHall wrote: »
    But So long.

That was quick.:eek:

Arquinsiel wrote: »
    They were down to just Legends class last I was in, and while they were actually the cheapest I've seen them since 2014 the Deluxes when they were available were pricier than anywhere else. Argos might have some lurking around, but they're asking 30+ for them.

As of 2 minutes ago Arnotts had 1 Streetwise for 22.00

ChopShop wrote: »
    As of 2 minutes ago Arnotts had 1 Streetwise for 22.00
    Arnotts? I never even would have thought of that. Thanks man. Stupid boards not notifying me at all though... I'll check tomorrow when I head into town.

Onslaught in Symths in town. Three boxes seen Yesterday.

MarkHall wrote: »
    Onslaught in Symths in town. Three boxes seen Yesterday.

Combaticon Limbs appeared on Smyths Website.

They may never materialise, but am kinda surprised it even got this far.

Not sure I want to go for repaint limbs. since i have most of them several times now.
    But I may get Brawl and Onslaught as I quite like the look of them.

And Onslaught has a dance partner on the shelves
    12647166_1000993773307640_6939185706646555464_n.jpg?oh=5a452f1f0794afb9f90d18ababae9ae5&oe=572ADD2A&__gda__=1462245277_aeda2ff9001ab95ccf7212f15d4f1256

And a new lot of Springers and Skybyte are on the shelves for 15 bucks again.

• Advertisement

Not sure I want to go for repaint limbs. since i have most of them several times now.
    But I may get Brawl and Onslaught as I quite like the look of them.

And Onslaught has a dance partner on the shelves
    12647166_1000993773307640_6939185706646555464_n.jpg?oh=5a452f1f0794afb9f90d18ababae9ae5&oe=572ADD2A&__gda__=1462245277_aeda2ff9001ab95ccf7212f15d4f1256

And a new lot of Springers and Skybyte are on the shelves for 15 bucks again.

Advertisement