Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Firefly Any News

Options
  • 18-11-2013 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone head any news regarding remarks early this year about a relaunch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Just wondering has anyone head any news regarding remarks early this year about a relaunch?

Dont get my hopes up like that. Fcuk me if that happened. DAMNIT MAN DON'T GET MY FCUKING HOPES UP LIKE THAT.

FCUK.

EDIT: I would gladly accept every series they created being an interquel between S1 and Serenity. Or even if they created some convoluted way of bringing Wash and Book back to life.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Dont get my hopes up like that. Fcuk me if that happened. DAMNIT MAN DON'T GET MY FCUKING HOPES UP LIKE THAT.

FCUK.

EDIT: I would gladly accept every series they created being an interquel between S1 and Serenity. Or even if they created some convoluted way of bringing Wash and Book back to life.

Just seen some comment by the creator saying ''He would like the Crew Back together'' I never accepted Fox's choice to cancel'' All the cast seem willing to do it, The creator seems willing to do it, But would FOX, I don't know a lot has happen in the last 3 years with regards to the fan's wanting it back.

Honestly i accepted it anyway they wanted to show it, I just miss the laughs and scares i had, God due another re-watch.

{Not much buts it this year which means it not forgotten}
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/01/joss-whedon-firefly-revival_n_2600944.html

Just seen some comment by the creator saying ''He would like the Crew Back together'' I never accepted Fox's choice to cancel'' All the cast seem willing to do it, The creator seems willing to do it, But would FOX, I don't know a lot has happen in the last 3 years with regards to the fan's wanting it back.

Honestly i accepted it anyway they wanted to show it, I just miss the laughs and scares i had, God due another re-watch.

{Not much buts it this year which means it not forgotten}
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/01/joss-whedon-firefly-revival_n_2600944.html

Can we start ANOTHER petition? :P

Can we start ANOTHER petition? :P

Lol seriously alot coming out this year.

Speaking to the Toronto Sun, Whedon said "It's something I would love to do", continuing, "Part of me is like, 'God, it would be great when I finish Avengers 2 to do that'

Read more: http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/firefly/24267/joss-whedon-would-love-to-return-to-firefly#ixzz2l0gInI7Z

Also later this year Firefly Video game will be released

Hopefully will give FOX enough reason to consider bringing back Firefly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Maybe Netflix could pick it up?

That'd be great.

I think Whedon might be pipe-dreaming though. Hopefully with his increased clout from directing Avengers he can make it happen. At least, I hope it's a good idea...

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Maybe Netflix could pick it up?

That'd be great.

I think Whedon might be pipe-dreaming though. Hopefully with his increased clout from directing Avengers he can make it happen. At least, I hope it's a good idea...

I believe fox owns the rights to the characters as-well as the show so Netflix cant fund any shows, but hopefully with the new interest in the show and game. all will go well.

I believe fox owns the rights to the characters as-well as the show so Netflix cant fund any shows, but hopefully with the new interest in the show and game. all will go well.

TBH I wouldnt be interested in Netflix buying it for fear they had any creative input after they ruined Arrested Development.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I don't think Netflix ruined Arrest Development to be fair. In fact, I'm pretty sure they'd be less interfering than any of the alternatives.

Earthhorse wrote: »
    I don't think Netflix ruined Arrest Development to be fair. In fact, I'm pretty sure they'd be less interfering than any of the alternatives.

Ya out of all the alternatives id like Netflix to have it rather then FOX.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Pretty sure JW owns the show. Fox allowed him to take it elsewhere after they cancelled it; he just couldn't find anyone else to take it...

Pretty sure JW owns the show. Fox allowed him to take it elsewhere after they cancelled it; he just couldn't find anyone else to take it...

AFAIR Fox own it. Wasnt one of the petitions a while back about buying the rights from Fox? I can't imagine that NO network would pick up such a critically acclaimed show. Mind you I could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

AFAIR Fox own it. Wasnt one of the petitions a while back about buying the rights from Fox? I can't imagine that NO network would pick up such a critically acclaimed show. Mind you I could be wrong

I don't know about that. Didn't Paramount release the movie and not 20th C Fox? I could also be wrong.

As for a reunion: Maybe Netfix but that would be it really. Nathan Fillion and Moreena Baccarin are both in very successful series so I don't think they'd be able to commit to an ongoing series.

To be honest, as much as I loved the show and the movie (Was lucky enough to be at the preview of the movie with Jewel Staite, Sean Maher and Chris Buchannan in attendance) I think it's done. t had it's run. We had great characters and some great episodes. (And, let's be honest here, a couple of duds too). I'd hate to see half of them come back for a half-hearted reunion show. I don't even want another movie.

I would like to see another Joss Whedon show. (Agents of shield doesn't really count since it's really only his name attached). Something that he is involved in as much as he was with Buffy and (a lot of) Angel.

but I can't see that happening either. He's pretty much overseeing the entire Marvel Movie Universe now and his plate is going to be full for at least another 10 years or so with that and other potential projects.

Nope after Serenity JW declared that foxs still owns the rights, Fans wanted a member of the cast to purchase it from FOX and even had over 200.000 pledged to offer to the star to buy the rights off fox.

Advertisement