18-01-2021, 18:28   #1471
steve_r

The recent episode with Diarmuid Ferriter on the mother and baby homes was very good. Ferriter obviously knows his onions and is able to put things in context, including the fact that people were aware of this conditions and spoke out against how the people were being treated.

Dunphy made some good comments as well about the type of society that allows this to happen, and how the leaders of the day doubtless knew what was going on
Advertisement
18-01-2021, 18:29   #1472
Still Ill

It's a shame he doesn't have Liam or Didi on anymore. Himself and John just go over the same ground every show.
18-01-2021, 18:32   #1473
Beechwoodspark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Ill View Post
It's a shame he doesn't have Liam or Didi on anymore. Himself and John just go over the same ground every show.
Was just thinking that myself the other day. Been ages since chippy has been on
18-01-2021, 18:35   #1474
amlinopta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechwoodspark View Post
Was just thinking that myself the other day. Been ages since chippy has been on
Was there a falling out there or what happened? Hope Liam is ok, I think I heard him on RTE when Maradona died
18-01-2021, 18:45   #1475
Still Ill

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlinopta View Post
Was there a falling out there or what happened? Hope Liam is ok, I think I heard him on RTE when Maradona died
Himself and John had a small bit of a falling out when John inexplicably picked Wan Bissaka over TAA in his team of the season. But Eamon was winding John up too and they still seem to be on good terms.

Really enjoy when Eamon mentions that he's on the phone to John when they're watching matches. Something very wholesome about it.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
18-01-2021, 18:47   #1476
Ash.J.Williams

In fairness to Eamon the show was built up from nothing, ‘‘twas very baron at the start
18-01-2021, 19:04   #1477
Tell me how

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
The recent episode with Diarmuid Ferriter on the mother and baby homes was very good. Ferriter obviously knows his onions and is able to put things in context, including the fact that people were aware of this conditions and spoke out against how the people were being treated.

Dunphy made some good comments as well about the type of society that allows this to happen, and how the leaders of the day doubtless knew what was going on
That's what I like about Eamon he knows things are rarely black and white and has alluded to his own internal conflict on various topics from time to time.
18-01-2021, 19:05   #1478
Tell me how

Quote:
Himself and John had a small bit of a falling out when John inexplicably picked Wan Bissaka over TAA in his team of the season. But Eamon was winding John up too and they still seem to be on good terms.

Really enjoy when Eamon mentions that he's on the phone to John when they're watching matches. Something very wholesome about it.
Agree. Can picture them picking the phone up at half time or at the end and doing their analysis. It's a nice image.
(2) thanks from:
18-01-2021, 19:29   #1479
TCDStudent1

Quote:

That interaction was very funny at the time. Dunphy was loving it. They have been on together since that though so I doubt that is the reason we havent seen Brady lately.
Advertisement
18-01-2021, 22:35   #1480
El Sueño

If they were to bring Brady back you'd think the Maradona episode was the perfect time, considering he played against him. I don't think he was on it though? Hope all is well with him
18-01-2021, 22:37   #1481
Still Ill

Does he still work with Arsenal? Yeah, hope he's ok healthwise.

Always enjoyed his analysis
Thanks from:
18-01-2021, 22:43   #1482
Tell me how

Quote:
Does he still work with Arsenal? Yeah, hope he's ok healthwise.

Always enjoyed his analysis
He left Arsenal in 2013. I did see him mentioned on Twitter for another podcast a few weeks back so maybe if he is doing that on a regular basis it might explain him not being on with Eamon. Can't remember which one it was, think maybe an Irish times one but not sure and iirc from the ad, it was just as a one off guest.
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 08:16   #1483
padd b1975

Quote:
And John makes the same exact points on his Thursday Newstalk slot.

Needs to freshen things up badly.
Thanks from:
Today, 16:02   #1484
El Sueño

*Awaits episode 1000*

*Sees that it's Tomas Ryan*

*Deletes instantly*

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image