Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Masterchef: The Professionals

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

The only negative that Bart got was the sauce by Marcus.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

It'll certainly be close.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Well done Alex. I was rooting for Bart and Santosh though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Great final. Three very deserving finalists and three good guys

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Well done Alex.

• Advertisement

Ha, Santosh had to get the punchline in. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

Going by the judges reaction you could tell who was going to win !!
    Delighted for him, seems like a nice fella.
    Santosh is gonna open a restaurant and make a load of money ( I hope).
    He is so typical of any Nepalese person I have met (mainly in India) so happy and full of life.
    Namaste !!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Awww, the young fella done well!!!

Delighted (if a bit surprised) to see him win. He's so enthusiastic and..... just young!!

My heart was breaking for Santosh as they gave feedback on his dishes - you could see the victory literally draining from him as they went on. But he finished smiling and laughing, more power to him.

I'd say Bart feels a bit robbed! My goodness, he's one classy cook.

But I feel the right decision was made on the day.

(My obsession with costs continues though - Bart had what looked like 3 x 15oz or more Wagu steaks..... and each plate he served had three little slivers of it! Wtf happened the rest of it?? A very happy crew, I'm guessing. But the waste!!!! :eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

They should get rid of Marcus or Monika and get Andrew Wong, he seems like great craic

I want to see Santosh present a show about Nepal and its cuisine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

twill wrote: »
    I want to see Santosh present a show about Nepal and its cuisine.

It would be great to see him on Saturday kitchen !!

Celebrity Masterchef Christmas Cook Off on Monday and Wednesday at 9pm on BBC1.

“Christmas is coming, and so is Celebrity #MasterChefUK! 🎄 Join our two wise men John & Gregg as they welcome back some familiar faces for a Christmas Cook Off this week on BBC One! 🌟”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Celebrity Masterchef Christmas Cook Off on Monday and Wednesday at 9pm on BBC1.

“Christmas is coming, and so is Celebrity #MasterChefUK! �� Join our two wise men John & Gregg as they welcome back some familiar faces for a Christmas Cook Off this week on BBC One! ��”

Have it marked for tonight. I will be divorced if I watch any more cooking programmes :p

Well that's a lovely start - JSP shaking her dandruff all over the worktop before she even starts :(

Aww, as utterly annoying as she is, I've gotta love Vicki!!

JSP, on the other hand, seems to be out to antagonise at all costs - and she succeeds with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭tinpib

Only finished the final just there. I think like most I had Alex as the outsider of the 3, but it does seem like the judges start with a clean slate each challenge. One bad challenge you are out or, like in the final, one perfect challenge and you are the winner.

Which is all fair enough. It does seem to be judged fairly on merit and not for the cameras.

Going back though the other episodes of finals week, was surprised in a good way when Jono got kicked off,though he was humble in defeat. He was very unlikable.

As mentioned elsewhere I think we could see Santosh on TV again and if it is his dream to open a Nepalese restaurant then he has a good shot at it now.

Bart looked the winner for a long way but again I hope it opens doors for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Was the second episode of the Christmas special on? It didn't record for me

siblers wrote: »
    Was the second episode of the Christmas special on? It didn't record for me

It's listed as having recorded on my Sky box, but I didn't watch it yet

Masterchef judge Charles Campion has died. This is sad. I really missed him on the show.

Masterchef: The Professionals Festive Cook-off on BBC1 tonight and tomorrow at 8pm. Professionals from previous years return for festive themed episodes.

• Advertisement

Anyone watching the pro series this time?

A very likeable bunch all round. I'd have been happy with most/any of them getting into the finals week.

I've just watched the first of the finals shows - jaysus that Danish place is off the scale weird! Can't say I'd be rushing to eat there (especially at about €900 a head with the basic wine pairing, according to Google 😳) but its the most enjoyable of those bonkers episodes I've seen in a long time on MC.

I'm torn between rooting for Tom and Kasae - but I think Tom is just shading it for me as the baby of the finalists - he really has been incredible all the way through.

A very enjoyable series all round!

Advertisement