Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I can’t seem to post an ad

• 08-08-2020 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭

I can’t seem to post an advert in the shooting for sale section

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,034 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You're not banned, and it's not pre-moderated in there last I recall. And you posted in there 1 minute before starting this thread. Are you getting any error message?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Richard308

Spear wrote: »
    You're not banned, and it's not pre-moderated in there last I recall. And you posted in there 1 minute before starting this thread. Are you getting any error message?

This is what I am getting

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,034 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Looks like it's part of the mitigations for the recent technical issues. The office will need to confirm that though.

Spear wrote: »
    Looks like it's part of the mitigations for the recent technical issues. The office will need to confirm that though.

So what happens next, how is it resolved for me to place adds?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi Richard308. As Spear said, we are having issues with the site which is causing problems for people trying to post across the site. It is not specific to you or to the Shooting ads forum. You can try again today or wait until we have an update on the site issues being fixed and post then.

Thanks for your patience.

• Advertisement

I’m still locked out? What is the issue. When is it likely I will be able to post an advert

In what way are you locked out, at what point are you 'locked out'?

Can you go to the forum? https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1021
    Can you click 'New Thread'?
    Can you do all that but get an error when you try post?

In what way are you locked out, at what point are you 'locked out'?

Can you go to the forum? https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1021
    Can you click 'New Thread'?
    Can you do all that but get an error when you try post?
    Hi Niamh, I am getting the message which I’ve screenshot above.

Please try again this morning as another issue with the same error has been fixed so this may also have fixed your issue.

If not, please let me know at what point are you getting that message? Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement