Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Squib height on trailer

• 19-01-2021 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Hey
    would anyone have a reasonably accurate measurement of a squib on a standard trailer, without the mast or other rigging resting on top?

I'm particularly interested in the maximum height, but if it was easy, the LOA including hitch and the beam including wheels would be handy!

I don't have access to mine at the minute and trying to investigate how high a door I need on a shed to get it in!!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,031 ✭✭✭✭neris

Probably about 2.5 metres they aren't much higher on the trailer then a 4x4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

neris wrote: »
    Probably about 2.5 metres they aren't much higher on the trailer then a 4x4

Thanks for the reply. I’m confident on a rough guess at between 2.3-2.6m, but it’s a more specific height I’m looking for rather than a guess.

The doors I can get are 2.4m or 3.0m high with a sizeable cost difference.
    As I mentioned, I don’t have access to mine for a good while so it’s somewhat tricky.

Appreciate the reply though, thanks a mil.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,031 ✭✭✭✭neris

alexlyons wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I’m confident on a rough guess at between 2.3-2.6m, but it’s a more specific height I’m looking for rather than a guess.

The doors I can get are 2.4m or 3.0m high with a sizeable cost difference.
    As I mentioned, I don’t have access to mine for a good while so it’s somewhat tricky.

Appreciate the reply though, thanks a mil.

sorry im going off eyeballing them in the club in howth. theres a hyc squib facebook class might be worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Mick Tator

Go for the bigger doors, eventually you will be buying a bigger boat!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Robbair

https://www.kyc.ie/contentfiles/Class%20Rules%20Jun%2009.pdf

Whilst I would wholeheartedly second the sentiment above about bigger doors, 2.4 will probably suffice, see the page above and you can see that the boat itself shouldn't be more than about 1.4m , the rest will depend on your trailer, but I would be surprised if you were as much as a meter off the ground. Just make sure if its a roller or upward opening style that the opening is what you specify, not the frame or aperture it fits in

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Pictures of Squibs on trailers are aplenty on Google, but with people in the photos stood next to them, not so easy...

yandy89908.jpg
    yandy179297.jpg
    DovanEWXoAA0vw-.jpg

Advertisement