Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2021 Players Championship, Feb 22-28

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Actually looked as if he'd all the hard work done that time.

Couple of great pots there, but misses last red, which was far from easy... Them's the breaks :pac:

Hadnt clocked that bingham was in such bother with his world championship seeding until Dave hendon mentioned it there. Lot of pressure on him and handling it really well. Might need to win another match though, the way things are looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭tanko

Really poor shot by Bingham there on the black, he'll be sweating now.

He didnt need to go for that red in the middle, understand why he did but never fancied him to get it. Could have put judd in trouble instead, that was the shot.

• Advertisement

Trump the master of brinkmanship these last few comps... Has been down several times, only to win.. Have to fancy him here...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭tanko

Bingham too tentative here, not much conviction in his shots.
    Pressure telling i suppose.

Strange pace on the black there - I think comms reckoned he meant to miss that first red?

A nervy ballrun looks to have fallen over the line... Fair play to him,, Was in tatters there; worrying and pondering over rudimentary shots...

Kind of made hard work of that but you could see the pressure he was under, how badly he needed that win. Well deserved too, judd showed occasional flashes but no more than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭Genghis

Watched the last 2 frames on +1. Very enjoyable, nervy but deserved win for Bingham, thought Trump would do it even when 3 snookers required.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭robinwing

Genghis wrote: »
    Watched the last 2 frames on +1. Very enjoyable, nervy but deserved win for Bingham, thought Trump would do it even when 3 snookers required.

The air seems to slowly deflating out of Trump's balloon the last couple of tournaments , Snooker is frequently won and lost inside your own head as much as on the table. Ryan Day was euphoric after the shoot out , hoping for a resurgence in his form and fortunes , got beaten 6-1 today by Kyren Wilson. The standard is so high the margins between winning and losing are becoming narrower all the time.

Watched a fair bit of the wilson-day match and thought it was pretty dismal fare. I like ryan, really nice fella, but he's done little all season apart from win the shootout and it showed tonight as Wilson played pretty ordinary and still coasted home. Don't mind shootout but never agreed with it being a ranking event.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭robinwing

Will be very interesting to see how Jordan fares against Higgins. Fingers crossed for him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Thought Trump looked a bit weary last night. With so many tournaments back to back the top guys probably only get so much break away from the game. And nobody is getting away for a holiday. So it's bound to catch up on you after a while. Even Davis or Hendry would have had to drag themselves to a tournament from time to time. Thing with Judd is he's naturally diplomatic about it.

Presume Robertson v Lu Ning will be itv match this afternoon. Robbo not won a match since his uk final with judd, albeit only played two matches since then. Will be keen to show some form approaching business end of season.

Lisowski v Gould could be quick given the attacking mentalities of both. Lisowski under pressure to maintain his world top 16 qualifcation spot.

Thought Trump looked a bit weary last night. With so many tournaments back to back the top guys probably only get so much break away from the game. And nobody is getting away for a holiday. So it's bound to catch up on you after a while. Even Davis or Hendry would have had to drag themselves to a tournament from time to time. Thing with Judd is he's naturally diplomatic about it.

Yeah, always seemed unlikely he could keep going the way he was all through the season. I'd say a bit of a break then a few weeks of hardcore practice and he should be good for the worlds. Do like the way he fought to the end last night despite clearly not at his best. Same last week v Vafaei. Seen him play a lot worse this season and win matches!

Of course, forgot he still has tour championship to play and probably a bit of championship league too so still some action left there. Assume he'll skip gibraltar but you never know with judd.

Thats some barnet on robbo in fairness. Just let it go, why not.

Thats some barnet on robbo in fairness. Just let it go, why not.

:D

He looks like The Antiques Roadshow kid genius from the 1980s... If I knew how to insert an image, I would :pac:

He's even got a bit of stubble going to make it a styled look i think. Looks kinda mean, could probably get used to it.

Think this is going to be a long one. Lu is slow and robbo a bit rusty.

• Advertisement

He has somewhat of a latter day regal look about him, tempered somewhat by that stubble :P. I guess he aint so vain that he goes to the bother of wasting his own time trying to straighten his hair (never knew he was naturally curly). Fair play to him - he's always never really given a hoot about his uncommon pastimes, and what people think of him..

I think that attempted safety shot from lu might well be the worst i've ever seen.

Hendry reckons he missed a pink on account of a pointless walk around the table... Pros and former pros notice that kind of thing more than me... I guess he's not relaxed yet, or overawed by Robbo... Anyway, the Aussie should be happy enough, and will be expecting his first win in a while...

He's not a bad player this lad, but man is he methodical. Just does everything at the same pace, every single shot the same. Bit unlucky with in off but no great conviction with the cannon.

Actually lu has been shocking here, missing balls over pockets. Truly awful. For all he reached sf of the uk, i dont think he's actually beaten a top 16 player all season. Maybe puts it in perspective a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭Genghis

Nice 142 there from Robertson.

I mean yeah, thats a very good performance no question. Good scoring. But there wasnt any pressure put on him, his opponent was terrible so i wouldnt be joining phil in the effusive eulogies personally. Wilson will be a better test.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

He spent Christmas in Dubai and had the Masters off due to a positive test, so he's only had one long week's work in 2 months with a holiday along the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭waynescales1

In general I think Ken is a decent pundit, but he is some man for trotting out the most overused, worn out cliches in the history of the punditry.

• Advertisement

Proper order restored - back to supporting Ronnie :). He surely has the Indian sign over Ding - that missed black was atrocious... Looking forward to Hendry's analysis mid-sesh, and 'Angles' said he was going to be watching Ding's cue action closely too; as he said it's looked a bit shaky/off this last yr and a half....

Advertisement